Hulk named #1 steel coaster in U.S.

This poll is not an accurate representation. I do think the Hulk is good, but it is not a top 10 ride. Here's the thing, it was an online poll with limited choices. Of course more people have been to Islands of Adventure because we are a major tourist area. So, people, without riding any of the other coasters on the list, vote for Hulk without anything to go by. This list should be based on ACE as it was in the past. Although I can't argue on the wooden side of the poll because my favorite coaster, The Beast, was rated #1.

You can't rate experiences anyway. How is one supposed to come up with the "number one" anything? Do you base it on satisfaction? Number of people who have experienced it? What?

America may prefer the taste of the whopper, but the big mac outsells it. So what is the number one burger?

The one problem that I see with the coaster lists is that there are multiple #1. The list that is cited in this story is from the Discovery Channel. There also is a list out by Amusement Today, ACE, and several others. Who's list are we suppose to go by????

Exactly, the lists change depending on where the poll is taken.

I dunno, there needs to be an easy online way for everyone to vote. Thrillride used to have it, people would e-mail their ballot to Robert Cooker and he would tally the results. It was a good poll, but it's no more, darn.

I have to agree with Barry. The Flying Unicorn is a pleasant surprise number one, probably tied with the Hulk. Ok, ok, at least honerable mention.
ADP;)

This list should be based on ACE as it was in the past.
I don't think ACE is an accurate representation either. Ace members tend to be coaster fanatics who are a bit out of touch with what the average person enjoys. Many of them are obsessed with keeping an exact count of how many times they've ridden each ride and also have a compulsive need to constantly rearrange a list of their own personal top 10's. I'm more interested in what the average person who's just looking for a good fun ride thinks.

I'm sure more people visit Orlando than many other areas, but Disney seems to pull in the most visitors so using that logic, Space Mountain should be #1.

Hey Robin,
I know Barry was joking. I was just trying to be funny too. I guess it didn't work. Oh Well!
ADP

Oops, sorry, cdpa! I always can recognize Barry's sarcasm, didn't pick up on yours!

Oh, NOW I get it! :p
nut.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter