Hulk - Prescription Glasses

kylieh

DIS Veteran
The hulk - my daughter needs prescription glasses to see anything, can she keep them on, is it a requirement to have a strap etc.

if she loose them they aren’t going to replace it or even let her look for them... be safe and don’t wear them. There is not much to “see” at those speeds. She can arrange to leave them with the ride attendant right before boarding. It won’t hurt to buy a band just for the purpose of riding. They will allow her at her own risk.

if she loose them they aren’t going to replace it or even let her look for them... be safe and don’t wear them. There is not much to “see” at those speeds. She can arrange to leave them with the ride attendant right before boarding. It won’t hurt to buy a band just for the purpose of riding. They will allow her at her own risk.
Thank you :-)

My son took his glasses off for the Hulk. We saw glasses flying off someone else, so we made sure his were put away. He wore his glasses with a band/safety strap thing for most of the other rides.

If your glasses are well fitted they shouldn’t come off.

My husband and son both wear regular glasses and always wear them on coasters and they’ve never come off once in all our visits.

I’m not sure TM will take responsibility for leaving glasses with them we’ve seen folks ask and be refused......that’s what the lockers are for.

Many people also wear Croakies.

The only thing I do is hold onto the edges of my glasses at the end of a roller coaster ride as a precaution, as the sudden stop / slow down is the only moment I can think of that gives the chance to come off due to the sudden force.

I've had moments where I didn't need to since the slow down portion was relatively at ease (and it's a ride I know very well), but almost all the time I do give them a light press for preparation at the end. The g-force during the course of the ride is enough that your glasses should remain on your face due to the speed, especially if they are fitted correctly, which they should always be. Putting my glasses anywhere else seems like even a bigger risk to lose them and my eyesight is so horrible, I would be unable to place them in a locker, especially since when I go to the parks I often go alone.

When they state "store your glasses away" on a ride, typically they mean sunglasses, as often people place them on their heads and yes, those will fly off and often do since they're on top of your head, not on your face.

I’ve worn mine and they are fine. I’ve held mine and they are fine.

She can arrange to leave them with the ride attendant right before boarding.

They won’t do this.

You’re giving the liability for them to a TM.

And the TM might be swapped out elsewhere and then where do the glasses go?

I would remove them, or alternately, what we do is buy a cheap backup pair from Zenni or something, and use those for rides where they may fall off, or when we go to water parks, etc. We lock up the good glasses in the locker.

I always wear my sunglasses on roller coasters. They never even come close to falling off, even on Hulk. The force pushing back against you with the wind and stuff will keep them firmly fixed to your face.

I would wear a strap to be safe. I’m a little paranoid cause I’m blind without them and want to be able to see ride (and not get a headache in queue) but don’t want the trip ruined cause I use them. Because I’m so worried I put the strap on and then I usually tuck the tail end of it in my pony tail.

Hi agree with pp my family all wear glasses. We go to many amusement parks and now where are glasses on the rides. My DH found a very cheap way to make glasses straps out of para cord. There was a video on you tube. They worked great and I have used them on the fastest and tallest coasters with no problems. I am blind without them and don't like walking through cues or anything not being able to see. Enjoy the rides!

I've worn my glasses before on the Hulk. They have never come off. I do bring an extra pair just in case. If you are worried, then put your glasses on a strap.

I place mine in my cargo shorts pocket just before boarding or in the locker, it’s easier with Ripit Rockit since the lockers are in the same area as the queue.

I have never ridden Hulk (I will in August!!!!), but I always hated having to put my glasses in my fanny pack and not be able to see anything. Literally, anything. So a few years ago I started experimenting with croakies, and they worked great, too well almost (I had to close my eyes on the ascent up King's Island's Diamondback, it was scary!) But I was so glad to have them and be able to see. I still always travel with my previous prescription glasses and a copy of my current prescription so I can replace if I have to. I've never had to, but it helps to be prepared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter