Hulu or YouTube tv

YTTV if you’re a big sports fan
Once our hulu gift cards run out we will switch from hulu live to yttb. We watch a ton of sports, especially blues hockey and cardinals baseball and those are the only 2 that carry fox sports midwest.

Does standard hulu have local news?
Personally, if cost was an issue I would drop down to standard Hulu for $6/month.

There are very few things that I (personally) watch that I can't on standard Hulu. CBS shows being the only thing. And I wasn't really watching anything on CBS.

Thanks. We have an antenna but cant find the only local station we used to be able to when they switched signals last year.
I don’t have luck with an antenna either. But also find I don’t need it. Local news isn’t really local. It’s for the city 2 hours away.

Once our hulu gift cards run out we will switch from hulu live to yttb. We watch a ton of sports, especially blues hockey and cardinals baseball and those are the only 2 that carry fox sports midwest.

This is what I was wondering about. We still have directv (for $$$), but I'm nervous to switch because of St Louis sports I guess we could try it for a month before cancelling Directv. I will have to talk to DH about it.

We cut the cord in December 2018. I took our box back to Spectrum in the city 40 minutes away. We existed for a period on normal Hulu, Netflix, and our Prime account. Eventually my wife wanted shows she was seeing in ads. I bought a Walmart HD antenna that received nothing. Later I was having some network cabling work done in the house and the gent doing that work also installed OTA antennas for cord cutters. He looked at my home and our rural location, entered data into his phone and concluded that we'd receive only one channel OTA (pbs) via his install. If he climbed to the 2nd story roof and erected a larger array, I might get a few additional channels.

The cost was also through the roof. So I declined. As we approached summer of 2019, my wife asked for PS Vue. I researched and they had their June sale. We subscribed. I realized once the promotion was over, we were paying more for Vue than I had been previously paying for a normal box cable. So I quit Vue and as I did it subsequently also went up in price, so I was glad I got out.

We existed a short while again on standard Hulu, Netflix, and Prime. When Fall arrived last year, my 12yo daughter realized she was missing Halloween Wars and we realized we were missing Expedition Unknown and Kindred Spirits. I threw in the towel. I called Spectrum back to see what they might have for returning cord cutters. They quoted me a price that was hard to say no to. I acknowledge it is only for 1 year, but upon return to the normal price, it will still be cheaper than the PS Vue would have been. I drove the 40 minutes back to town and picked up the box.

I cut hulu and netflix, but picked up Disney+ on the 3 year deal. I still have Prime. I think I'm doing ok. My wife's happy again. So I guess that must count for something!

We cut the cord in December 2018. I took our box back to Spectrum in the city 40 minutes away. We existed for a period on normal Hulu, Netflix, and our Prime account. Eventually my wife wanted shows she was seeing in ads. I bought a Walmart HD antenna that received nothing. Later I was having some network cabling work done in the house and the gent doing that work also installed OTA antennas for cord cutters. He looked at my home and our rural location, entered data into his phone and concluded that we'd receive only one channel OTA (pbs) via his install. If he climbed to the 2nd story roof and erected a larger array, I might get a few additional channels.

The cost was also through the roof. So I declined. As we approached summer of 2019, my wife asked for PS Vue. I researched and they had their June sale. We subscribed. I realized once the promotion was over, we were paying more for Vue than I had been previously paying for a normal box cable. So I quit Vue and as I did it subsequently also went up in price, so I was glad I got out.

We existed a short while again on standard Hulu, Netflix, and Prime. When Fall arrived last year, my 12yo daughter realized she was missing Halloween Wars and we realized we were missing Expedition Unknown and Kindred Spirits. I threw in the towel. I called Spectrum back to see what they might have for returning cord cutters. They quoted me a price that was hard to say no to. I acknowledge it is only for 1 year, but upon return to the normal price, it will still be cheaper than the PS Vue would have been. I drove the 40 minutes back to town and picked up the box.

I cut hulu and netflix, but picked up Disney+ on the 3 year deal. I still have Prime. I think I'm doing ok. My wife's happy again. So I guess that must count for something!

If you need FoodTV and Travel Channel...but can live without local channel shows or watch them the next day online...SlingTv might work best for you...if you ever consider cutting the cord again...

We cut the cord 2 weeks ago and tried out YouTubeTV Live. We already had Netflix and Hulu for DD(doesn't live at home) but we wanted to make sure we had local news and DH wanted access to his sports. We've decided to stay with YouTube TV Live. We like it so far. It all the Discovery, travel, and food channels. It doesn't have Hallmark but we're OK with that. Our cable bill had taken another increase and had gotten way out of hand.

We existed a short while again on standard Hulu, Netflix, and Prime. When Fall arrived last year, my 12yo daughter realized she was missing Halloween Wars and we realized we were missing Expedition Unknown and Kindred Spirits.

I'm thinking of ditching DirecTV; I have Disney+ and Prime, would add Hulu Live and maybe Netflix. But not having Josh Gates could be a deal breaker. Does Hulu really not provide Expedition Unknown? I thought it carried all the Travel Channel shows... :(

I'm thinking of ditching DirecTV; I have Disney+ and Prime, would add Hulu Live and maybe Netflix. But not having Josh Gates could be a deal breaker. Does Hulu really not provide Expedition Unknown? I thought it carried all the Travel Channel shows... :(
I let my wife do all the tv research, but I think she was saying it may be there, but its not most recent? I know we've been seeing this Expedition X lately and he's involved there too.

I let my wife do all the tv research, but I think she was saying it may be there, but its not most recent? I know we've been seeing this Expedition X lately and he's involved there too.

Yes, I've been watching the Ex X shows as well. I'm not sure it's one that I would continue watching though, as I'm not seeing anything about the hosts or the show format/topics themselves that differentiate Ex X from any other shows out there. There just isn't a "hook" for me, ya know?

I think what I'll do is sign up for the free 7 day trial on Hulu Live and see what's there. Only way way to find out, I always say.

OP here. I did it. Switched from Hulu to YouTube Tv. It was really easy. I'm only saving around 5 or 6 dollars a month but YouTube tv is much more user friendly!
For the future have you checked out FuboTV? I started with Hulu and YouTube TV until they raised the prices and then found Fubo. It carries all the local channels except ABC which we can live with. The original price is $54.99 but our credit cards are constantly running a $20 back for multiple months. We've been paying 34.99 for about the past year.

This is what I was wondering about. We still have directv (for $$$), but I'm nervous to switch because of St Louis sports I guess we could try it for a month before cancelling Directv. I will have to talk to DH about it.

If you go to YTTV web site you can enter in your zip code it will give you a list of all the channels you will get. I'm in Boston and we get all the Boston sports stations we got with cable. I'm sure St Louis will be the same in terms of sports.

If you go to YTTV web site you can enter in your zip code it will give you a list of all the channels you will get. I'm in Boston and we get all the Boston sports stations we got with cable. I'm sure St Louis will be the same in terms of sports.

Thank you! It does look like most things we watch would be available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter