Hungry Bear Fantasmic cancellation

laura&fam

Your stunned silence is very reassuring
I have a Hungry Bear Fantasmic dining reservation for May 12. Will it automatically cancel since Fantasmic is not performing? Should I cancel it now? Should I wait until the last minute to cancel in the hope that Fantasmic will be back?

I have a Hungry Bear Fantasmic dining reservation for May 12. Will it automatically cancel since Fantasmic is not performing? Should I cancel it now? Should I wait until the last minute to cancel in the hope that Fantasmic will be back?
Hi.
I would leave it alone. Wait. If Disney cancels, you will get an email. My suggestion is if that you make alternative dining plans for the 12th and see if you can reserve another place that you like.

Update: Although I received an email notifying me that the reservation would be cancelled; it hasn't been removed from my Disney plans yet.

Text of Email:

"We are looking forward to making magic for you during your upcoming visit to the Happiest Place on Earth.

We see that you have an upcoming reservation to purchase and pick up the Fantasmic On-the-Go Package(s) at Hungry Bear Restaurant. We wanted to notify you that due to unforeseen circumstances, performances of Fantasmic are temporarily paused and we are not able to accommodate your booking or offer the Fantasmic On-the-Go Packages at this time.

As a result, we are cancelling your upcoming reservation and the credit card on file will not be charged for this experience. Hungry Bear Restaurant is scheduled to be open during its standard operating hours with its normal menu if you would still like to dine at this location.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your flexibility."

I just looked a bit ago and noticed they don’t have it listed as being performed on the 19th so I suspect that will be coming for me but for now I’m leaving things alone. A lot can happen between now and then. 🤞🏻
I'm in the same boat for May 21. I'm really hoping to see Fantasmic! as last time we went to Disneyland, it wasn't showing because of Star Wars construction, and I don't know when we'll be back out that way again.

(This whole trip is going to be different than planned because we're also supposed to be in Yosemite, King's Canyon, and Sequoia National Parks. We also were planning to drive Highway 1 to Big Sur. But we're still going to have an adventure of one sort or another and be all together!)

Last edited:
I'm at my 60 day window to book dining reservations and haven't had any luck booking a Fantasmic dining package I assume due to the fire but can anyone confirm?

I'm at my 60 day window to book dining reservations and haven't had any luck booking a Fantasmic dining package I assume due to the fire but can anyone confirm?
F! dining packages are not being offered at the moment. I called the Walt Disney Travel Co. to make a payment on my vacation package today and I asked about that. The cast member told me until Fantasmic is up and running no packages will be offered. She also said as soon as definitive date is announced, packages will be released almost immediately for that date and later dates. She also said the demand for the packages is high so they will return.

I also got the cancellation email for my May 14 Hungry Bear package. But as of today, the reservation still shows in my Future Plans.

rob

I just got my email canceling our package for 5/19. 😢 Now to figure out if I want to book something else or not. Things are pretty limited and I haven’t researched it much because I wasn’t planning on needing anything.

I received my cancellation email for 5/21. This whole trip seems a bit cursed. 🤞🏼for no more bad news.

I know this is not available yet, but do you guys prepay for the F! Packages? If so, are you able to pay with a Disney gift card?

I know this is not available yet, but do you guys prepay for the F! Packages? If so, are you able to pay with a Disney gift card?
The reservation does not require a deposit or prepay. Yes when you order a pick up (Hungry Bear) F! package or get a table service F! package, you can use a Disney gift card.

There are some packages that DO require pre-payment, like the Dessert Party for WOC at DCA.

And BTW...my Hungry Bear reservation for Sunday 5/14 DID finally come off my "My Plans" with a fresh login to the web (and now it is gone from the App too)

rob

There are some packages that DO require pre-payment, like the Dessert Party for WOC at DCA.

And BTW...my Hungry Bear reservation for Sunday 5/14 DID finally come off my "My Plans" with a fresh login to the web (and now it is gone from the App too)

rob
Agreed but the question was for F! packages. I do hope the F! packages come back soon,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter