Hungry Bear Fantasmic Dining Package Review June 2022

BadPinkTink

Republic of Ireland is not part of UK
I did this on Tuesday 28 June 2022.

I booked it as soon as it was available for booking, 60 days in advance at 6am LA time which was 2pm my time.

I booked for a 3pm pick up.

I didnt know at the time of booking but 3pm is the first booking window.

On the day I walked up to Hungry Bear about 2.55pm

I saw this sign

hungry bear sign.jpg

They have a roped off queue area at the last order / till section on the left.

They were not ready to start taking orders yet, so the cm asked me and 2 other parties to start a line on the bridge.

She gave us a menu to read while we waited.

fantasmic menu.jpg

Just after 3pm, the cm said we could order now.

It took about 10 minutes from paying for the food to get my food.

I ordered
BBQ Ribs
Bacon Potato Salad
Broccoli
Smore dessert
Coke fountain drink

hungry bear food.jpg

The ribs I liked, the potato salad was ok, the broccoli was a bit hard and the Smore dessert I didn't like.

The Smore dessert was a tray bake of cookie, chocolate and marshmallows which had been cut into pieces.

Before you leave the counter, make sure to check you have knives and forks. I didn't and had to go back and ask.

In Hungry Bear, the help yourself stations just have napkins, ketchup and mayonnaise.

This was my first time to have food at Hungry Bear and I didn't have high expectations. Its not the usual type of food I would get at a quick service. However I had done some research before my trip and I was aware I probably wouldn't eat much of the food. I did the dining package just to get access to the Fantasmic waterside viewing section.

Thanks! How was the viewing area? Did you feel like it was necessary to get their extra early?

Thanks! How was the viewing area? Did you feel like it was necessary to get their extra early?
I went to the pre line up area around 6.45pm. I am so glad I did. There was already one family in the Hungry Bear line and the CM's were already in the area, preparing the ropes and sections.

At about 7.45pm we were moved up to the roped area and then just before 8pm we were allowed into the actual viewing area.

I got a spot at the railings almost beside the Blue Bayou people.

The Hungry Bear section filled up fast but there seemed to be less people in the Blue Bayou section.

hungrey bear viewing area.jpg

I apologize for asking this question a bazillion times all over the forums but I just wanted to make sure that if I make a 7:30 Fantasmic reservation at Hungry Bear we will be going to the first show.
Does Hungry Bear offer packages for the second show?

I apologize for asking this question a bazillion times all over the forums but I just wanted to make sure that if I make a 7:30 Fantasmic reservation at Hungry Bear we will be going to the first show.
Yes, there are packages for the second show. It will say which show when you book it. 0441F41C-0CC7-4081-B72F-A7C9E1D0530A.jpeg

Btw you don’t have to eat.
I just wanted the Fantasmic ticket and they were okay with that.
Basically a $30 Show ILL.

From 7pm on, reservations receive 2nd show. It's clearly stated on the website.

FYI - we just went last Tuesday and the counter person offered my family the hamburger and fries substitution option. My kids all got that and liked it. I got the Salmon which was good but needs dressing - the dessert is not good. My husband got the ribs and said they were fine. Broccoli was good - no one liked the potato salad.

Where did they have you enter for second show?
Right across from haunted mansion - right before you would go down to the floats for the island. We kind of stumbled onto it as it was not clearly marked. There is a food cart right there and they told us to wait there - then someone finally came out and they moved us over to the left side closer to the water in a line and River Belle was to our right.

FYI - we just went last Tuesday and the counter person offered my family the hamburger and fries substitution option. My kids all got that and liked it. I got the Salmon which was good but needs dressing - the dessert is not good. My husband got the ribs and said they were fine. Broccoli was good - no one liked the potato salad.
Now that it seems hamburger and fries is an option I think we will definitely do this package the next time we want to watch Fantasmic. I just can’t stomach the regular package offerings (and neither would my son).

Now that it seems hamburger and fries is an option I think we will definitely do this package the next time we want to watch Fantasmic. I just can’t stomach the regular package offerings (and neither would my son).
Is this confirmed? We're going in 3 weeks and I have 2 picky eaters in the family that would love to get a cheeseburger rather than Ribs or salmon....

Is this confirmed? We're going in 3 weeks and I have 2 picky eaters in the family that would love to get a cheeseburger rather than Ribs or salmon....
It is not on the menu but the cast member offered it to my kids who were saying they didn’t like the menu options to me - they are 17,14 and 12. It seemed like we could have chosen that as well. So if they don’t offer it I would for sure ask.

It is not on the menu but the cast member offered it to my kids who were saying they didn’t like the menu options to me - they are 17,14 and 12. It seemed like we could have chosen that as well. So if they don’t offer it I would for sure ask.
many thanks for that, hoping it works out for us. Our kids are 8, 14 and 16.....

So the salad doesn't come with dressing? I am planning to have that....but not without dressing.

So the salad doesn't come with dressing? I am planning to have that....but not without dressing.
It was odd - the salmon had some sauce on it that tasted good and was like a dressing but it was not nearly enough so the salad was sort of dry. I am not sure if you could ask for more dressing or not.

Is the Hungry Bear viewing area are you sitting on the ground for the duration of the show or do they ask you to stand? I saw some reports of standing so wan to hear from those with experience.

Is the Hungry Bear viewing area are you sitting on the ground for the duration of the show or do they ask you to stand? I saw some reports of standing so wan to hear from those with experience.
Sit in the ground. My husband stood until about 5 min before, then he was asked to sit. We did stand for the fireworks after.

My salmon salad had dressing. It was better than expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter