• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hurricane Dorian / WDW Theme Parks Discussion

I just cancelled Movies for Sunday and Monday night. So I would assume lots of things will start to open up. We paid $130 a night for the room.
I checked and there is some availability. I’m just not sure yet. Leaving our house and trying to get back home will be such a pain. If we stay we could at least keep our power on with our generator. If we stay at wdw I’d want a resort that’s all inside and the cheapest I see is AKL for $386/night

I checked and there is some availability. I’m just not sure yet. Leaving our house and trying to get back home will be such a pain. If we stay we could at least keep our power on with our generator. If we stay at wdw I’d want a resort that’s all inside and the cheapest I see is AKL for $386/night

Hi, I heard that resorts will offer a special discount rate but I am not sure when that happens. Someone on here may know more. II hear you it is a tough decision. keep us posted.

Hi, I heard that resorts will offer a special discount rate but I am not sure when that happens. Someone on here may know more. II hear you it is a tough decision. keep us posted.
DH is asleep so we’ll have to talk in the morning. I just read a news report saying the trend is showing it going north right through our county. We have hurricane shutters and the front windows are all hurricane windows but idk. I might look at universal too. I’m just worried orlabdo won’t be much better

Currently at AKL and they are offering 25% off “hurricane rate” for us if we extend our stay.
Thanks for that info. So that would make it a little better for us. I’d rather be in a building that’s all one so we don’t have to walk outside for food and stuff

Is that the hurricane rate?
Edited- I see someone just posted this information.
Stay safe. It’s a tough decision- stay or go. At least you have some options and time if you decide to evacuate.

Thanks for that info. So that would make it a little better for us. I’d rather be in a building that’s all one so we don’t have to walk outside for food and stuff
Having experienced Matthew at ASMu, I would say that's a good plan. Disney made calls out to the rooms telling guests that they were prohibited from leaving the rooms during curfew hours because there are no interior hallways.

Having experienced Matthew at ASMu, I would say that's a good plan. Disney made calls out to the rooms telling guests that they were prohibited from leaving the rooms during curfew hours because there are no interior hallways.
I think paying a bit more might be better. It’s such a hard decision. I’m not sure I want to spend the money to get there and see that the storm misses us. I still don’t think hardly anyone here is leaving but I think my county just got mandatory evacuations

Actually I did some research and apparently they are not obligated by any law, don't want to get too ot but it was a common misconception that started with Irma a couple of years ago, that's why I called to verify
Well that is what I heard/read that it was signed into law? I will look further though.

I think paying a bit more might be better. It’s such a hard decision. I’m not sure I want to spend the money to get there and see that the storm misses us. I still don’t think hardly anyone here is leaving but I think my county just got mandatory evacuations
If you have never been thru a hurricane a Cat 4/5 is not the way to find out. Orlando will be better protected than Melbourne - you won't have the storm surge or high winds like you will if you stay. Please be safe.

Actually I did some research and apparently they are not obligated by any law, don't want to get too ot but it was a common misconception that started with Irma a couple of years ago, that's why I called to verify
Your right, why did that get such press as fact? I will admit, I loved seeing the pics of people's pets with the Disney characters.

For those of you who mentioned you don’t have gas around you, can you share where those area are?
We are currently in Georgia watching what happens and will decide tomorrow what we will do, turn back home or proceed. We’re in Byron and gas is available. I called the Sheraton where were scheduled to stay tomorrow and they told me several people who live on the coast are booking there to ride it out. We’re trying to catch up on updates now after having been driving all day.

I'm right outside Jacksonville, past Orange Park. My husband waited almost an hour to top off the tank this morning before heading to work. The cashier said they were almost out at her location, and there were several locations around Jax/OP that are out of fuel.

Does anyone have any experience with rental strollers and a hurricane? We have a stroller rental with Kingdom Strollers for our stay that starts on Thursday. Obviously, I know they won't deliver if it isn't safe to (in which case we won't be there to need it) but I'm more so wondering if the strollers could be tied up even after the weather has cleared due to them not being picked up for a few days during the storm.

We're currently trying to stay positive and praying that there is minimal damage/disruption for everyone in the storms path.

Gas buddy helped me find gas today. Looks like the Orlando area is 50/50 with gas.

If you are driving in or out of Disney and see $9.99 as a gas price, that means that station is out of gas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter