Hurricane Dorian / WDW Theme Parks Discussion

Gas buddy helped me find gas today. Looks like the Orlando area is 50/50 with gas.

If you are driving in or out of Disney and see $9.99 as a gas price, that means that station is out of gas.
If we decide to drive and stay at Disney tomorrow we will be taking gas cans in our car.

I would recommend getting a room walk through at check out if you bring a pet, so that any damage caused by the pet could be noted. You would be responsible for damage.

I would recommend getting a room walk through at check out if you bring a pet, so that any damage caused by the pet could be noted. You would be responsible for damage.
Yep that's a good idea. While I'm not worried about our cats damaging anything, I wouldn't want to possibly get charged for something they didn't do either. And if they do happen to damage something I would want to pay for it.

You might end up getting 50% off. That's what we got during Irma.

There is no better hotel to stay at than AKL during this storm.
I just called and she didn't give me a very good rate at AKL. The AP rate was actually about $100 cheaper total and I'm not sure that makes sense. Unfortunately, the AP rates don't start until 9/1 and I'd like to get there by tomorrow to avoid traffic. Tomorrow night she gave me a quote of $350 for a standard room which isn't cheap to me at AKL.

Having experienced Matthew at ASMu, I would say that's a good plan. Disney made calls out to the rooms telling guests that they were prohibited from leaving the rooms during curfew hours because there are no interior hallways.
Same during Charlie. We were at POP that time and told the same.

So we were supoosed to fly out on Tues at 10 am..
. As of now Orlando has shut down airport starting on Monday. I am pretty freaked out. Staying at All Star and worried about riding out the hurricane here. From Ohio so this is all new to us

I checked and there is some availability. I’m just not sure yet. Leaving our house and trying to get back home will be such a pain. If we stay we could at least keep our power on with our generator. If we stay at wdw I’d want a resort that’s all inside and the cheapest I see is AKL for $386/night
I cancelled Polynesian for Sunday-Wednesday as well

We opted to rebook for the 5th-11th as of now it looks like we will be good. If I have to book for a 3rd time I might lose my mind lol! Hopefully someone or even one of yall is able to scoop up my Poly reservation Sun-Wed for a place to get off the coast. I've seen a few people debating it. Stay safe. Still following this feed for updates as it hits, and to make sure you peeps who clearly are braver than me are safe! Keeping all of you in my prayers

Just wondering which tracker everyone is using? According to Accuweather the worst of the storm will be over by Tuesday night. I'm flying in Wednesday afternoon so following very closely.

Mike's Weather Page on FB is the best no nonsense source to follow

This mornings projections are looking more positive for Disney. Right now looking like airport closure was premature. Still time for things to change of course

Video the room with your cell phone when you leave. Then you have proof

Looking better for WDW and Florida in general this morning. Forecasts now have her skirting the eastern coast of Florida and making landfall at around the Georgia/SC line as a Cat 2 on Thursday? I honestly don't think they know what's going to happen with this one right now as she's stalled out and seems to be trying to make up her mind. Watching her closely up here in NC and hoping she'll just turn herself around and head back out to sea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter