Hurricane Dorian / WDW Theme Parks Discussion

So my Flight tomorrow has a gate leaving Chicago (I have connecting flight) It never had one before. So MCO Injust need your official reopening because the airlines are telling people they are ago. MCO are telling people to contact their airlines about the reopening. It is such a circle.

Also what is funny right now. The weather is worse here this morning than it was in Orlando. I live in Canada.

What do you mean your flight is showing a connection now? @BSBNess?

It's on MCO's Twitter now.

SO jealous of you all who get to go and get to experience the low crowds. We could only fly in yesterday or today and of course, switched the trip to the end of September on Monday. Bye-bye FOP FP and BOG dinner :(

Runner, the crowds should still be low, not the lowest, but low... you'll be ok.

If I followed advice on when not to go to WDW, then tried to mesh it with times I can go- I'd never go. Don't go in Aug or Sept (worst risk of hurricanes) don't go June and July, ( too hot), no holidays or weeks of holidays (too crowded), avoid May (cheerleaders), any time anyone has spring break... There's always a downside to almost anytime we go so I just go when we can and hope for the best.
I hear you for sure and I've traveled during hurricane season, even to the Bahama's. This is the info I found online for November. According to the National Hurricane center, only 4 hurricanes have hit landfall in November since 1900. There have been multiple storms during that time but none that hit landfall according to the database.

Since the threat of Dorian to the WDW area has largely passed and it is no longer directly impacting theme park plans and strategies (other than lingering travel delays), moving the thread to the Theme Parks Community sub-forum.

Thanks to everyone for following along and providing updates on your WDW plans and park experiences.
They say Orlando is among the safest places to live regarding hurricane season.

What do you mean your flight is showing a connection now? @BSBNess?

Runner, the crowds should still be low, not the lowest, but low... you'll be ok.
I know, but still getting pangs of jealousy when I see people posting videos of the emptiness! haha

As long as yall realize it's still hurricane season. You won't be clear of worry
We had our trip with Matthew in October. I think Irma was then too
Irma arrived Sep 10, 2017. We were scheduled to arrive Sep 9th and delayed our trip to the following January.

This hurricane is such funky ship (and yes I mean what you think I mean)

Since United was offering no change fees for anything up to September 6th flying into MCO, I opted to change our EWR to MCO flight from 3:15PM to 1:30PM. I'm still mildly worried that rain/wind can impact Newark even if Dorian is off the coast so I figured the earlier in the day on Friday the better.

Disney has it listed in their app and website the MK and AK opening at 8:00am and HS opening at 9:00am this morning. But the app is currently showing rides with wait times for these parks right now at 7:00am this morning. Did they decide to open early just not post it? :confused3

Update: HS and AK wait times have disappeared but MK times still showing at 7:15am.
I got to HS around 8:30 and they were letting us in rides

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter