Hurricane Ian - WDW Resorts Related Updates, Planning & Discussion

Did you call or try to do it online? I've heard they pulled all bookings for this week offline and people will need to call.
The DVC member services line had an automated announcement that they were not accepting new reservations for...they listed the days but I wasn't paying close attention, probably Tuesday to Friday?

We are suppose to arrive Thursday and leave Monday. We are driving in and it’s looking more like we will cancel…I am not so worried about being there once we arrive, but driving could be a challenge.

We were scheduled to arrive at BWV Thursday evening. I switched our flights to Tuesday, now landing at MCO at 11:30 PM. We’re staying at an airport hotel Tuesday night, then will hopefully be able to Uber to Swan where we’ll stay Wednesday night. We’ll see what happens Thursday if we can get from Swan to BWV!! I am very used to hurricanes and know that plans can change very quickly, I just hope it all pans out!

Thanks for this thread. My daughter is a CP (who as of yet has not been called for ride out nor schedule changed) so I am keeping a close eye on things from NC.

was really hoping this wasn’t going to happen along with everyone else- we just got back Friday and my daughter and her husband just arrived this morning for their first anniversary trip. I’m sad for them although I’m sure others living there are far more worried. They are staying at the swan. We have been through a couple hurricanes at Disney unfortunately and they handle it great. Unsure about swan as they are not Disney owned. Any experience from anyone from past storms that were there?

We’re due to fly in from Richmond, VA on Friday evening. I‘m assuming that flight will be canceled. By Saturday, the weather is supposed to be sketchy up here, so I‘m not sure we’d even be able to fly out on Saturday. Driving doesn’t seem like an option either, since the storm will basically be moving up I-95 while we’d be driving down. If we can’t get to our hotel until Sunday, will Disney hold the reservation? (Assuming I call and let them know, of course)

From the Disney Parks Blog (link in post above)

In addition to what has been posted up thread.. the DPB notes that The Hoop de Doo Review is cancelled Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this week due to the impending weather.

Looks like dvc rental store has no refund unless resort closes which won’t happen with guests already there and staying i assume

I'm so sorry, but you may want to keep trying. We just had to give up our Beach Club reservation for Tuesday/Wednesday night. I think there will be more cancellations rolling in given the weather that's developing today.
Just tried to add Wednesday night to our reservation (have Thursday night booked before Friday cruise) and they said nothing available. I guess we could be driving through a hurricane.
From past resort experience, Disney will hold off on making any new reservations because they know there will be guests who cannot depart and will need to be extended. Plus, you’d be surprised how many people will still arrive, even with an impending hurricane. You would think they would cancel, but many don’t. Plus, often the Fort needs to be closed as well as some of the Poly bungalows, DVC treehouses, and cabins at Copper Creek. Disney needs rooms for those guests to move to. They also need rooms for Cast who have to stay as part of their ride out crew. Then, depending on availability, Disney will also offer rooms to locals who are forced to evacuate. It gets a little crazy during hurricanes, so if someone is not due to arrive and they are not local, they don’t want to encourage them to come early. Thoughts are with my former fellow Floridians!

From past resort experience, Disney will hold off on making any new reservations because they know there will be guests who cannot depart and will need to be extended. Plus, you’d be surprised how many people will still arrive, even with an impending hurricane. You would think they would cancel, but many don’t. Plus, often the Fort needs to be closed as well as some of the Poly bungalows, DVC treehouses, and cabins at Copper Creek. Disney needs rooms for those guests to move to

Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, Copper Creek Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and the Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort will temporarily close Wednesday, Sept. 28 through Friday, Sept. 30 due to the weather. We are contacting Guests with current and upcoming reservations.

Source for latest updates: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/weather-updates/

Dave

We fly out of Boston tomorrow (tues 9/27) afternoon and are hoping we get out and land in Orlando. I'd rather whether a hurricane at Disney than work at home, hah!
I was staying at the Beach Club during Hurricane Frances, It really rained a lot, we knew head of time so we stacked up on snacks and were advised to stay in our rooms. We felt very safe and watched a lot of Tv but felt very safe in

We’re due to fly in from Richmond, VA on Friday evening. I‘m assuming that flight will be canceled. By Saturday, the weather is supposed to be sketchy up here, so I‘m not sure we’d even be able to fly out on Saturday. Driving doesn’t seem like an option either, since the storm will basically be moving up I-95 while we’d be driving down. If we can’t get to our hotel until Sunday, will Disney hold the reservation? (Assuming I call and let them know, of course)
We are to fly on Thursday to WDW for 1 night and then cruise on Friday, already told our ship embarkment may be delayed as the ship may not be in port early a Friday morn….I’m sweating this one out.

We are at the BC now and are scheduled to check out Wednesday. Last night I could’ve added days to our reservation but as of this morning they have suspended any new reservations, including extensions. I talked to the desk and they confirmed we could not add days on but said as long as we are here, we will have a room. They stop reservations to insure they have availability for current guests. We’re in wait and see mode right now. We had planned to move to universal late Wednesday night but it all depends on what happens with the weather. Personally, I’m more comfortable staying here if needed but again, we’ll have to just wait until we see where this thing is headed.

Last edited:
We are at the YC now and are scheduled to check out Wednesday. Last night I could’ve added days to our reservation but as of this morning they have suspended any new reservations, including extensions. I talked to the desk and they confirmed we could not add days on but said as long as we are here, we will have a room. They stop reservations to insure they have availability for current guests. We’re in wait and see mode right now. We had planned to move to universal late Wednesday night but it all depends on what happens with the weather. Personally, I’m more comfortable staying here if needed but again, we’ll have to just wait until we see where this thing is headed.
We are at the YC now and are scheduled to check out Wednesday. Last night I could’ve added days to our reservation but as of this morning they have suspended any new reservations, including extensions. I talked to the desk and they confirmed we could not add days on but said as long as we are here, we will have a room. They stop reservations to insure they have availability for current guests. We’re in wait and see mode right now. We had planned to move to universal late Wednesday night but it all depends on what happens with the weather. Personally, I’m more comfortable staying here if needed but again, we’ll have to just wait until we see where this thing is headed.
I had stayed at the Beach club during a hurricane and felt very safe and cared for.they did lock off pass through from YC to Bc but we had ample time to stock up on snacks and things. they don’t lose power as everything is underground but we still enjoyed the vacation. parks were closed for 1 day. I never had issues with cruises. this will be a first. As Orlando is in central florida Ithink by Thursday things may be less serious but I think the ships being rerouted may cause some changes

I had stayed at the Beach club during a hurricane and felt very safe and cared for.they did lock off pass through from YC to Bc but we had ample time to stock up on snacks and things. they don’t lose power as everything is underground but we still enjoyed the vacation. parks were closed for 1 day. I never had issues with cruises. this will be a first. As Orlando is in central florida Ithink by Thursday things may be less serious but I think the ships being rerouted may cause some changes
Shows where my brain is …we’re at the BC, not YC. 😂 Also as of tomorrow morning, no one will be allowed tovisit any resort they do not have reservations at. They had signs posted this morning at the entrance to the BC.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter