Hurricane Ian - WDW Resorts Related Updates, Planning & Discussion

We are at the BC now and are scheduled to check out Wednesday. Last night I could’ve added days to our reservation but as of this morning they have suspended any new reservations, including extensions. I talked to the desk and they confirmed we could not add days on but said as long as we are here, we will have a room. They stop reservations to insure they have availability for current guests. We’re in wait and see mode right now. We had planned to move to universal late Wednesday night but it all depends on what happens with the weather. Personally, I’m more comfortable staying here if needed but again, we’ll have to just wait until we see where this thing is headed.
Are the rooms free for the days of the hurricane?

I am at BLT now and things are nice here, a little light rain, the fireworks shows were good, and we will see how the next day or two develops.

I have V&A dinner planned for Tuesday and California Grill on Wednesday.

I am at BLT now and things are nice here, a little light rain, the fireworks shows were good, and we will see how the next day or two develops.

I have V&A dinner planned for Tuesday and California Grill on Wednesday.
Enjoy!

We had reservations at the Fort, slated to arrive yesterday, but I was called before we arrived to say they'd be closing down our loop. The CM asked if we wouldn't mind relocating to Port Orleans Riverside instead, and we jumped on that.

It appears we're not being charged extra for the room, and the transition was pretty seamless. CM's were wonderful. The way I understand it, we'll be called if/when our campsite is habitable. Otherwise, we'll be here (at POR) for our length of stay.

I didn’t ask about rates but I’m sure they are not free. It never occurred to me there would be any discount
When we evacuated for Dorian we were told discounts were for people in official evacuation zones. Not sure if they are still doing that but hopefully they are.

Update at 8 am Tuesday

Just got off the phone with Disney and they haven't implemented any hurricane evacuee protocols like they did when I evacuated for Irma 6 years ago. She checked with a supervisor and there's nothing in place to accommodate us. Heck, I don't care about a discount, I just want a room there where I can bring my dog.

There is no availability at any resort.

She said to keep trying as anything could change.

They've blocked all availability until they deal with re-locating the on-site reservations from the resort areas that need to close. Once that is done, they will likely re-open it so keep trying.
They also have to accommodate current guests that will need to extend their stay. I was told that perhaps later today they’d begin doing that.

Anyone know the website for road closures? I need to leave on Saturday morning driving up 75 to I 10.

I guess this is "something that sounds stupid now but might matter to you later":

Make sure the TV in your hotel room works.

There might be people who have been there for days and never turned on the TV. Or people who are arriving soon. Even if you normally don't watch TV while on vacation, you might want to if you're stuck in your room due to the storm.

There is a thread where people talk about how to use your own tech devices with the Disney TVs. But my takeaway was that the guest who last had your room might have unhooked the normal TV setup to try to use their own device with the TV - and when they checked out, they might not have hooked everything back up the way it was when they found it. You might not be able to watch TV until you get a castmember to set it back up for you.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/resort-tv-input.3895491/

Question: my wife and I are here now GFV and supposed to switch resorts to SSR Thursday. Anyone know if that will be possible with the check-in moratorium?

Question: my wife and I are here now GFV and supposed to switch resorts to SSR Thursday. Anyone know if that will be possible with the check-in moratorium?
We are in the same boat - at Poly and scheduled to move to AKL Thursday. We tried to see if we could move to AKL early but there was no availability. The CM at the desk at the Poly said there will “likely” be a room available for us here Thursday night if we can’t move but that wasn’t super reassuring. Just taking it one day at a time and waiting for more concrete info I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter