Hurricane Ian - WDW Resorts Related Updates, Planning & Discussion

Do you mean flashlights?

We just walked across the bridge 5 min ago and about got knocked down! DH and I were laughing that the tower folks must be looking down at us and thanking God they’re in the tower 😂. The lifeguards were on their way back. Wind and rain is really kicking up.
Stay safe, neighbor!

The Orange Co government is giving a news update.

The most damage and flooding projected to be late tonight into Thursday am. 55-75 mph winds. Gusts up to 100 mph. Slow moving at 10 mph. Up to 2 ft of rain. Currently under a tornado watch. Sporadic power outages right now, but expected to have significant outages.

Channel 2 stated it will be here around 9 pm.

Do you mean flashlights?

We just walked across the bridge 5 min ago and about got knocked down! DH and I were laughing that the tower folks must be looking down at us and thanking God they’re in the tower 😂. The lifeguards were on their way back. Wind and rain is really kicking up.

Yes sorry flash light

I'm at Port Orleans Riverside. I was supposed to check out today but my flight was canceled so I needed to extend until Friday. I was in line for about 4.5 hrs last night/early morning to talk to the front desk. Despite one cast member telling people in line not to worry since "we are Disney's guests and there are plenty of rooms available since no one was arriving/lots of cancellations", a few hours later one of the managers was pretty blunt in telling me that POR was the ONLY resort with availability (they were taking a lot of the cabin evacs) and I wouldn't want to take any chances trying to stay at another non-Disney hotel to save money since transportation options would be limited this morning. I was initially quoted $711 to extend for two nights which was what caused my initial shock. Apparently that was without the "hurricane discount rate". Again, I feel safer here but not getting back to my room until 3am after starting the day at MK rope drop was pretty exhausting, and the crowds and commotion at the food court this morning were no joke. Still, we have enough box lunches to last until tomorrow evening, which is when they plan to reopen the food court though that was based on earlier Information. I did see Pluto, Goofy and Chip & Dale earlier in the lobby earlier but I have no plans on leaving my room for the foreseeable future. Stay safe everyone.
netempImageR8bsrC.jpg

I'm at Port Orleans Riverside. I was supposed to check out today but my flight was canceled so I needed to extend until Friday. I was in line for about 4.5 hrs last night/early morning to talk to the front desk. Despite one cast member telling people in line not to worry since "we are Disney's guests and there are plenty of rooms available since no one was arriving/lots of cancellations", a few hours later one of the managers was pretty blunt in telling me that POR was the ONLY resort with availability (they were taking a lot of the cabin evacs) and I wouldn't want to take any chances trying to stay at another non-Disney hotel to save money since transportation options would be limited this morning. I was initially quoted $711 to extend for two nights which was what caused my initial shock. Apparently that was without the "hurricane discount rate". Again, I feel safer here but not getting back to my room until 3am after starting the day at MK rope drop was pretty exhausting, and the crowds and commotion at the food court this morning were no joke. Still, we have enough box lunches to last until tomorrow evening, which is when they plan to reopen the food court though that was based on earlier Information. I did see Pluto, Goofy and Chip & Dale earlier in the lobby earlier but I have no plans on leaving my room for the foreseeable future. Stay safe everyone.
neView attachment 706219
We (himself and I) were at the food court for breakfast and tried to get box lunches, but the line was all the way through the lobby of the hotel, and since we already had sandwiches, and makings for more sandwiches, we decided to not stand in line.

We went back around 2ish to see if the line was as long, and it was actually even longer--instead of one long line, there were multiple lines for whatever people wanted. The bakery, the pizza line, as well as the grill and box lunch lines. the place was even more packed than the morning, if you can imagine. Surprisingly, the line for getting the hot dinners like jambalaya, chili, gumbo (etc) was very short. Only maybe 10'ish people? We got our hot dishes to go, and ate in our room.

I've gotten a notice saying the food courts would remain open as long as possible--even maybe tomorrow? (not sure), but I haven't wanted to chance walking to the building.

neView attachment 706219
That’s ridiculous. I’m sorry but wow. I’m at Royal Pacfic right now. First, no lines for food at all beyond maybe 5, 10 min and I moved my check out from Friday to Sunday last night. Took 5 min. There’s no reason things should take so long. Disney should manage better.

Paid almost $1100 to extend our BCV reservation until Friday. That’s with a 20% discount. I get that it’s a DVC room and we downgraded from our 1BR on rented points to a Studio to save money, but goodness. Can’t call it price gouging since it’s Disney.

Paid almost $1100 to extend our BCV reservation until Friday. That’s with a 20% discount. I get that it’s a DVC room and we downgraded from our 1BR on rented points to a Studio to save money, but goodness. Can’t call it price gouging since it’s Disney.
Oh, and I get I’m comparing 2 different companies, and Universal doesn’t run their properties and all that but when I extended our stay last night, they honored the same rate for the Friday/Saturday nights that I had for the Mon-Thur nights. I had booked a 2nd stay myself, same resort and room category, as soon as they cancelled HHN, so we could extend our stay, and was just hoping they’d be able to keep us in the same room. When I spoke to them here at the resort, not only did they do that, they cancelled the 2nd stay I’d booked that afternoon and just extended the stay we had and kept the rate. No extra charges. Disney used to do better

Now if I could easily move our HHN ticket. The website says you can but I can not find a way to do it. Looks like that is going to take a phone call

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter