Hurricane Ian - WDW Resorts Related Updates, Planning & Discussion

FYI according to the WDW subreddit… cast members are being told the parks will be closed on Friday as well
Disney may have fared very well but it sounds like some areas of Orlando still got hit very hard and they may have trouble getting full staff, plus they need some time to do cleanup and safety checks and stuff in the parks and they may not even start that until the winds die down. But it does sound like the resort services will be back up and running very quickly and if they have transport going tomorrow once the roads are cleared it could still be a fun day for people staying on site.

Forgot to mention I always use DMs with issues like that. No need to make that stuff public.
Yes, but I think that the fact that you are addressing it through social media is a lot more likely to get attention than speaking to someone on the phone who is lord knows where. The people who handle the DMs are aware that you are aware that if they don't do the right thing, it could easily get public since you are choosing that method of contact over others.

Here at Boardwalk we never lost power and I can’t see any damage on the Boardwalk from my room. Had a small amount of water seep under the door but nothing significant and the towel I had there soaked most of it up. I’ll update if I see any damage when we walk the resort.

As someone who stays on those top floors frequently, this doesn’t surprise me. Some of the panels between the 12th and 14th (really 13th) floor have been in deteriorating shape for awhile, open seams around the edges and such. FL buildings/exteriors take a beating in the best of conditions and some parts in that section have been showing their age lately, probably just enough for wind gusts to find the weak spots.

Last edited:

We are at the AKL..Jambo. Tree down outside our room on Uzima savanna. Also the one noted above in a photo on the Arusha. Lots of debris around pool area I can see from windows.

I feel like Disney staff has been wonderful through all of this.

We’ve been trying to find out what conditions are as far as driving grom here to Universal. We’d move today if getting g around by car is a possibility. Otherwise we’re here for another night.
Might want to also check social media. UniNewsToday on Twitter says lots of reports of flooding around Universal.

When you renew your AP, if you call in or go in person, you might be able to use the value of the ticket towards your renewal.

Weather Channel is showing gusts in the 60s right now and some sustained 48mph.
I’m aware of what it was at 1am when you posted. PP said it was going to be through noon. Even here at 9:30 am it’s no longer 50’s mph. That’s what I was saying, that the weather reports are saying it won’t be in the 50’s throughout the day today, just overnight last night

At GF and this is simply untrue. It’s rainy and windy, comparable to mid afternoon yesterday. The roads in Kissimmee and Orlando are flooded per local news.
Must be really different in various areas. Over here at Universal it is pretty much same today at this point inn the day as it was all day yesterday. I can see the city roads out the window and they are not flooded here. People out driving. Rain stopped

My daughter just updated me on what Universal told her. They said they authorized UT to modify tickets and UT absolutely could modify tickets with no lids on their part if they chose to. They’re choosing not to because while they won’t lose money, they won’t make it either.

Hopefully things clear out quickly and we’ll at least get some use of those tickets!

We’ve been trying to find out what conditions are as far as driving grom here to Universal. We’d move today if getting g around by car is a possibility. Otherwise we’re here for another night.
Can’t report on between here and there but here at Universal it’s rather clear out. I can see cars out on the city roads. There’s not even much debris out around the hotel property. A few fronds down that’s all

Regarding the flooded road near swan and dolphin… that particular road floods during light rain. I went to dinner at Yacht Club a few nights ago and had to turn around.. there was a couple inches of water after just an hour of rain. And I drive an SUV with great ground clearance.

I said to myself… “how will this road possibly handle a hurricane?”.

For those watching weather reports about flooding and other damage in the area. Please remember that "Orlando" (the city) is 10 miles from WDW. Also, Orange County" is huge and extends from the WDW area to within 20 miles of the East Coast. Weather conditions at WDW may be very different that what you are seeing on the TV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter