Hurricane Ian - WDW Resorts Related Updates, Planning & Discussion

I have scanned thru the thread and have not seen any reports from people at any of the All Stars Resorts. We checked out of there early to fly home before the storm hit. We would have been in a first floor ASMu room if we had stayed. Anyone have update on what happened in that area???

You know the one thing that has shocked me? ADRs are still hard to get for the weekend. Even harder than normal. I can’t get any Ohana, Space 220 Lounge, or Toppolino’s. I thought with all the reshuffling of plans that ADRs would open up.
Many resort restaurants are closed and obviously so are the park locations. I wouldn't be surprised if ADRs for the next few days are suspended until they post re-opening.

Just updated…

Disney World Resorts Reopen Quick-Service Locations, End Hurricane Meal Kits

Disney World has updated its list of available food options for guests staying at the hotels during Hurricane Ian, and the update removes the availability of the Hurricane Meal Kits. The update also notes that there are more locations closed today, including the pool bars. This is a master list from Disney, and guests staying at each resort should consult resort signage for the latest information.

More SAB pics

Attachments

• 861E7AC9-878F-4E82-81DB-0E55A895A085.jpeg
    861E7AC9-878F-4E82-81DB-0E55A895A085.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 167
  • D3BA0B67-F7EA-4529-92D7-7F2E016F1BBF.jpeg
    D3BA0B67-F7EA-4529-92D7-7F2E016F1BBF.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 06C4C817-2D73-4B62-986A-D3AB3639B903.jpeg
    06C4C817-2D73-4B62-986A-D3AB3639B903.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 172
  • 4BE34FA4-674E-4A87-9C02-B03894F26624.jpeg
    4BE34FA4-674E-4A87-9C02-B03894F26624.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 170
I have scanned thru the thread and have not seen any reports from people at any of the All Stars Resorts. We checked out of there early to fly home before the storm hit. We would have been in a first floor ASMu room if we had stayed. Anyone have update on what happened in that area???
This picture is from All Stars
Sorry, not a report, but the kids look like they are having fun

Twitter

B1ABE4B7-95F4-4DAC-8428-263DEA4A533C.jpeg

As inconvenient as it is for people to be stuck in a resort hotel, I think Disney should remain closed tomorrow if it is concerned about employees. Cast members drive from all over Central Florida and there are those with blocked roads, flooding, damaged homes. Local schools are closed tomorrow. And cast members should not have to choose between calling out and being penalized, or coming to work to hear guests complain about lack of staffing, long lines, closures, or whatever other problem that they think Disney should handle better while worrying about their own families or homes.

LOL! I do not plan to walk anywhere with any type of standing water. I’ll just turn back. The resort road outside our villa is completely normal for now. The main road is a short 3 min walk away so would be nice to check it out.

You know the one thing that has shocked me? ADRs are still hard to get for the weekend. Even harder than normal. I can’t get any Ohana, Space 220 Lounge, or Toppolino’s. I thought with all the reshuffling of plans that ADRs would open up.

Also, Mouse Dining’s availability calendar is not accurate. Which it was super accurate for my August trip. It is showing me a lunch reservation for Oct 8 at Space 220 and when I went to MDE, nothing opened up. That happened last night for an Ohana on a different day. Not sure what is happening.
They may have not released reservations that were canceled until they have everything under control 🤷‍♀️

Everyone needs to think about the CM's . Those that are at the resorts volunteered to be there as part of the ride-out crew. I get that many people are there on vacation, but CMs have had their homes flooded, roads impassible. Be patient.

Yes. I'm local. I know a cast member who rode out a previous hurricane and left her husband and kids at home in a storm to work it. Her designated sleeping spot was a concrete floor. She told me that guests were impatient, rude, and she would never sign up to work a hurricane crew again.

Yes. I'm local. I know a cast member who rode out a previous hurricane and left her husband and kids at home in a storm to work it. Her designated sleeping spot was a concrete floor. She told me that guests were impatient, rude, and she would never sign up to work a hurricane crew again.
Agreed. Vacationers forget its people that have to make the Orlando tourism engine going. They have all been dealt a big personal blow.

So any one looked at park reservations for tomorrow or Saturday? All blocked out for new ones and modifications. Sadly, that tells me both days’ availability remain in limbo. If you can grab one now, good luck!

I am not the least bit surprised by this. I think the more expensive disney becomes, the more entitled guests will feel to perfection. It's kind of happening everywhere, entitlement seems to be at an all time high and gratitude an all time low, and both going in the wrong direction still.

That's really sad. I can't imagine having to leave your family, only to be treated poorly by guests. For perspective, my wife worked at a hospital that mandated her for 48 hours during a blizzard. She couldn't leave the hospital, and we lived less than a block away. We visited her at the hospital, and although she was stuck there, it was a relatively painless experience. I do not envy any CMs who got stuck.

For those that are here, one of the BEST things you can do for the CMs (besides being kind) is to send a cast compliment on the app.

We’ve noticed CMs going above and beyond, just because. No one told them to do it. They didn’t even do it to be noticed. We told one CM that we sent one and tears welled up in her eyes. Yes, it means that much

Now, new Disney World resort hotel reservations are suspended through October 2nd, with new reservations now available on October 3rd.
What does this mean? That no one can check-in until after the 2nd, or that no one can make a new reservation?

We are scheduled to check-in on October 3rd to Coronado Springs. A little worried that the date could change again if it means no check-in!

What does this mean? That no one can check-in until after the 2nd, or that no one can make a new reservation?

We are scheduled to check-in on October 3rd to Coronado Springs. A little worried that the date could change again if it means no check-in!

That you can’t make a new reservation online. They haven’t said anything new about check-ins other than after 3pm starting Friday 9/30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter