Hurricane Ian - WDW Resorts Related Updates, Planning & Discussion

We have a dinner reservation at steakhouse 71 tonight and are very tired of our room here at pop. Uber claims they can get us there. MDE is still showing our reservation. Does any one have any idea if this would be crazy? Will they honor the reservation or would the restaurants there actually be walk in only?

We have a dinner reservation at steakhouse 71 tonight and are very tired of our room here at pop. Uber claims they can get us there. MDE is still showing our reservation. Does any one have any idea if this would be crazy? Will they honor the reservation or would the restaurants there actually be walk in only?
Disney said restaurants are walk up, but Trattoria was taking their reservation people still while they were open. I would guess they will take your reservation. Maybe someone at Contemporary will comment.

Can Uber get you back?

From that Twitter report on the Poly: "2nd floor, but still had rain seep in. Water reached about 3ft into the room."

Sounds like the Disney folks are going to have to keep a close eye on the hotel rooms for any mold problems.

That’s what I was thinking 😳

I am sitting at the bar at Steakhouse 71 right now. I just asked the bartender if the restaurant is open tonight and she said she doesn’t know yet, they are having a meeting about it soon. They have been closed since Tues.

Sounds like the Disney folks are going to have to keep a close eye on the hotel rooms for any mold problems.

Poly is really bad about leaks. The sliders have always seemed to leak a little if you get any rain on the balcony. They probably have already had mold problems. Hopefully, whenever they have remodeled, they fix what they find.

I am sitting at the bar at Steakhouse 71 right now. I just asked the bartender if the restaurant is open tonight and she said she doesn’t know yet, they are having a meeting about it soon. They have been closed since Tues.
Wow, that probably decides it. If they may not even be open it’s probably not worth the attempt. The list I saw earlier of what was open at each resort showed it as open so we thought it would have been open all day. That’s for posting. Definitely a bummer but better to know now than to Uber over there and find it closed!

Poly is really bad about leaks. The sliders have always seemed to leak a little if you get any rain on the balcony. They probably have already had mold problems. Hopefully, whenever they have remodeled, they fix what they find.
The Poly's rooms along with the Contemporary's, were "modules" inserted into a steel framework. The modules were fabricated offsite, then lifted into place.
http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/blog/2012/7/22/wdw-construction-polynesian-village-resort.html

1664479017344.png

Wow, that probably decides it. If they may not even be open it’s probably not worth the attempt. The list I saw earlier of what was open at each resort showed it as open so we thought it would have been open all day. That’s for posting. Definitely a bummer but better to know now than to Uber over there and find it closed!

The sign here indicates mobile order only (take out). I believe they are deciding whether or not to open for sit down.

However, the rooms still have sheet rock, non-load bearing walls, and other soft goods that can get moldy. Plus, the steel structure or sliders can warp over time allowing water leaks.
No doubt. I imagine the sliding doors were custom built for the module, so finding a standard door for a retrofit might be an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter