• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hurricane Ian - WDW Resorts Related Updates, Planning & Discussion

I’m imagining this is you beating Tom @ WDWNT to RotR :laughing:

Yes, rope-dropped MK @ 8 am and got our tickets in hand :goodvibes
Ha! We’re not in that clip but we were just ahead of him in the ROTR line…

Edited to add: Or at least I think we were! A couple of the other people in the queue were very excited about having spotted someone called Tom…

Last edited:
We just had our wilderness cabins canceled. No accommodating, just sorry, reschedule. Anyone in a similar position who was able to find another place on Disney property? I'm on the phone on hold currently

When was your arrival date? Someone else just posted about a Fort arrival date for 10/7 that was also cancelled. Irma had the Fort shut down for 10 days, so who knows how long it could be closed this time?

When was your arrival date? Someone else just posted about a Fort arrival date for 10/7 that was also cancelled. Irma had the Fort shut down for 10 days, so who knows how long it could be closed this time?
It's for the 3rd-8th. I'm on with someone now and they seemed hopeful in finding another place on the disney grounds. Crossing fingers 🤞🤞🤞

We're arriving on Sunday evening in from Arizona. Rescheduled our Saturday flight to Sunday instead a few days ago when the airport closure was announced and officials were saying no guarantees that it would be able to reopen on Friday. My kids are disappointed at losing a morning at HS, but I've been reminding them that some people are now without homes, so it's all about perspective...and we need to count our blessings and just be grateful that we still get to go on this trip.

Just got an email from WDW stating that our horseback riding reservation for Tuesday 10/4 is cancelled and we're getting a refund. YDD is going to be SO disappointed. But in the grand scheme of things, it's going to be ok. We'll do horseback riding next time.

We just had our wilderness cabins canceled. No accommodating, just sorry, reschedule. Anyone in a similar position who was able to find another place on Disney property? I'm on the phone on hold currently
It's for the 3rd-8th. I'm on with someone now and they seemed hopeful in finding another place on the disney grounds. Crossing fingers

Since it’s so close to your checkin date, I assume the back office @ FW called you directly. This is what happened to us with Irma (we ended up rescheduling).

Hopefully you were successful with Resort GS.

Last edited:
That's the difference in CMs who know their technology and those who don't. Happens everyday.
Normally the only CM who have the ability to make a park reservation in a park without availability are ,CMs in guest services. Parks and DS.

Don't know if all CMs were trained or authorized to override or if availability happened to open up as poster was asking.

Since it’s so close to your checkin date, I assume the back office @ FW called you directly. This is what happened to us with Irma (we ended up rescheduling).

Hopefully you were successful with Resort GR.
Thanks. The only reservation they had in the system is Port Orleans. We just grabbed it, and it was a refund of $1200. So, that's good, but not my favorite place. But we are making it work!!

It's a beautiful day at Coronado while Guests are out in the parks. We decided to stay back for a few hours, and are heading to HS this evening. Characters are roaming the resort grounds, and most (if not all) debris has been cleared. The food court is empty; you can hear a pin drop. I spoke to a number of Cast Members who are thrilled that they can leave to go check on their friends and family.

We couldn't have picked a better place to bunker down for the storm.

IMG_6186.jpegIMG_6190.jpeg

We were at MK this morning at 10am. Lovely day although everything still seemed pretty busy. Maybe because there aren’t as many things to spread out to? A number of attractions weren’t open to closer to 10:30am.

We went to Pirates about 10:15/10:30 - standby said 5 mins, CM was announcing 20 mins, reality was 7 mins.

Jungle Cruise was closed but the skippers were out and delighted the crowd by recreating the whole ride - one skipper narrated and the rest of the group acted it out. Pure Disney magic.

The 12pm parade seemed abbreviated? Only 8 mins long.

Very short line up for food at Columbia Harbor House at 12:30pm - I was surprised.

Received a 2nd email about the cancelled horseback riding at Fort Wilderness, but this one was from an individual CM. Email said this:

Howdy Folks,
Here at Tri-Circle-D Ranch, your safety is always our first concern. Unfortunately, we need to cancel your Horseback Riding Adventure due to Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground being closed. We are sad we cannot experience the adventure with you and your family, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Your refund will be applied to your credit card on file.

If you have any questions, please call 407-824-2832 or 407-WDW-PLAY (407-939-7529)

We spent the morning at MK today. The 2 hours of early entry was great. We did these rides from 8am - 12pm:
Seven Dwarfs
Peter Pan x3 (walk on so kept going back)
Winnie the Pooh
Little Mermaid
It’s a Small World
Buzz Lightyear
TTA
Haunted Mansion
Pirates
Liberty Belle riverboat
Philharmagic
Thunder Mountain

Jungle cruise was down whenever I checked.

Hopped over to AK at 2pm. Unfortunately, the Safari was closed all day, along with Kali. Everest was closed the whole time we were there also (not sure if it was all day). So we did Flight of Passage, Navi, Dinosaur and the tiger trail and left.

I wonder if anyone else dealt with this today: we had a 2 night stay booked at the cabins at Ft Wilderness with a check-in for tomorrow night before our longer stay at Riviera starting Monday.

When we found out Ft Wilderness wasn't opening back up this weekend, my partner called to see if we could be moved somewhere else for those two nights. At first a cast member booked us a new suite at All Star Music, however when my partner looked up the reservation number it turns out the cast member booked it for October 3rd and 4th instead of 1st and 2nd. So after another hour on hold he was told that there was absolutely no availability at any Disney Resort for October 1st and 2nd.

We scrambled and found somewhere off site that said they are up and running and have clear roads both to MCO and WDW. I just would have assumed that while Disney is not likely allowing outside reservations, they'd have availability for those with bookings to stay in on site areas that won't be open this weekend (like Ft Wilderness).

At Hollywood Studios and it is 6pm now. Lines for food are short so my guess is parks are not too crowded. But lines for rides are as long as usual.

Debating waiting in a 40 min line for Smugglers Run or waiting a little more. Planning to do Rise as the last ride of the day.

At Hollywood Studios and it is 6pm now. Lines for food are short so my guess is parks are not too crowded. But lines for rides are as long as usual.

Debating waiting in a 40 min line for Smugglers Run or waiting a little more. Planning to do Rise as the last ride of the day.
Just checked my Touring plans app, and they said actual wait is 32 min and to ride anytime. So do with that info as you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter