Hurricane Irma?

This may be silly, but I'm worrying about my trip that isn't until sept 22. Do you guys figure this'll all blow over and everything will be ok by then? (Am I just being too paranoid right now??)

I've cancelled flights with SW several times, unrelated to weather. They issue you a voucher that must be used within 1 year from your original booking date. By the original person the ticket was issued to.

Yes, we cancel fairly often. Just make sure to keep a record of your voucher numbers. There have been times they have not shown up in our Southwest accounts (we have 4) and it can be a hassle to have them look them up for you.

I've been on hold for 2hr 33m currently for guest services, not including the 1hr 22m I was on hold before getting disconnected. Argh!

I'm trying to see if they will us add a day onto our package for Friday, so that instead of flying into Orlando and having to book a hotel at the airport...we can just go straight to Allstar Music. Has anyone tried anything similar with success?

So i know this may sound crazy but as someone who put a lot of time into planning this vacation i can't help but worry! We only visit Disney every so many years and our grandma is going with us this time and probably will be her last, we are scheduled to arrive 9/20 and are leaving 9/27. With the hurricane hitting likely this Sunday/Monday coming up (making it only like 8-9 days out from our trip) there should be no issues with our trip we have planned for 9/20-9/27 right? I know there is no for sure way of telling but i was hoping people who have been in these type of weather conditions before would be able to answer how the aftermath usually plays from strong hurricanes like this?

As of now, you should be fine!

With all the posts about refunds and that Disney will refund you the way you originally paid, does this mean that those who paid with their Disney Vacation Account get refunded there? Then get an additional 5% since they discontinued it? Interesting thought
Since this is eliminated they'll have to work out something else to refund it to. No clue what they'll do with the 5%

This may be silly, but I'm worrying about my trip that isn't until sept 22. Do you guys figure this'll all blow over and everything will be ok by then? (Am I just being too paranoid right now??)

You shouldn't have to worry about Irma... Now Jose...

If someone had paid with gift cards for everything and they no longer have those cards, I think Disney can mail you one gift card with the total amount on it. Even though its not "money in the bank", it will always be "money in the bank" to me for a future vacation.

We plan to fly in on Sept 8. I'm pretty sure that I can use Disney funds for a future trip. My question is what happens to my flight funds with Southwest? It looks like if I cancel I would have to book travel within 14 days and would need to fly within 14 days.. I found that on their website and not sure I read correctly. For anyone who has cancelled their southwest flight what exactly happens to travel funds. This is so stressful as I'm sure you will agree as we all seem to be in the same boat. I hate to lose my free dining but it doesn't seem like Disney is honoring this at a different time.

I'm in the same boat. We fly out Friday at 1:45 from Hartford. We stay until the 15. We dont know what to do. We were going to cancel but the south west voucher expiring in March doesn't help us bc we may not be able to plan another trip until next July. I am confused on the 14 day thing works too. Do we pay difference of cost on another flight we pick or do we pick. A flight and fly for what we paid. I'm so confused and stressed to

I'm in the same boat. We fly out Friday at 1:45 from Hartford. We stay until the 15. We dont know what to do. We were going to cancel but the south west voucher expiring in March doesn't help us bc we may not be able to plan another trip until next July. I am confused on the 14 day thing works too. Do we pay difference of cost on another flight we pick or do we pick. A flight and fly for what we paid. I'm so confused and stressed to

Southwest will move your flight to another within 14 days (one time) for free. If the ticket costs more, they eat it.

If you fly within 14 days you fly for free, no additional costs.
If you fly outside 14 days, you pay the difference if the fare costs more
Basically

If you fly within 14 days you fly for free, no additional costs.
If you fly outside 14 days, you pay the difference if the fare costs more
Basically

What if you change flights (no cost) and then end up cancelling. Do you just get a voucher for future travel?

*sigh* It should figure that me and my sister's first trip to Disney
World would be during the worst hurricane season in the history of ever. I mean, there's hurricane seasons, and then there's this year.

You'll be fine. Enjoy your first trip. This weekend will be my sixth... If Irma cooperates.

It depends on Hurricane Jose's track. He is right behind Irma by a few days.

If there is a travel advisory for your original flight dates, you pay nothing extra to switch if you fly within the 14 days. I was supposed to fly back to Hartford on Sunday night. My original flight was only $110, one way. I changed my flight home to Wednesday for a flight that would have cost over $300 more had the advisory not been in place.

The voucher does not expire for one year and you can use it to fly anywhere.

What if you change flights (no cost) and then end up cancelling. Do you just get a voucher for future travel?

That's where I am at. I already moved, so my ticket is nonrefundable. I have been told that I will get credit towards another flight, if I cancel.

Yes, SW issues vouchers for future travel, good for one year from original date of booking, as a PP explained a few posts ago (there a $100 fee if you don't use it in 1 year, etc)

No two storms are the same and anyone that points to previous near misses are just making people complacent for the future one that does. That being said, the closer it gets the better the data. Thats why some of us are agonizing but waiting for more info!

Believe me I understand that. And believe me I well know that no two storms are the same. At all. I would never point to previous near misses, ever. Our area had gotten pretty complacent for not getting a lot of damage and then along came Katrina. We learned really fast that "we will just get a few limbs down" is NOT the way to look at these storms at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter