Hurricane Irma?

My family is riding out the storm down there. My brother has been posting on Facebook about every hour even though they lost power awhile ago. He said the eye has turned more NW now, he lives in the NE part of Orlando. I've been wondering for awhile how the Orlando Eye is holding up through all this. We rode it when we were down there a month ago. It's a very high structure, hope it comes through okay.

Hi if you get a chance to check of the "riding out the hurricane at a disney resort" thread. Some stuff going on that people are reporting. Hope they stay safe.

I saw. Fire alarm going off at Art of Animation, Little Mermaid section. A tree down at Poly and another at Saratoga. WESH has a live camera feed on Disney Springs. It's shaking like a drunken sailor. Tikiman reports the plate glass doors on the building billowing. Another reports their room window is doing the same. We have friends living in Winter Garden just north of Magic Kingdom. Haven't heard from them in a while. I expect they're without power.

This is nothing like Matthew was when I was there last year. Nor what it was like earlier today. I expect there are many frightened people in Disney right now. Judging by the downed trees and other debris I'm doubting the parks will come thru this without at least some cosmetic damage.

Did they take all the Halloween decorations down in Magic Kingdom?

I saw. Fire alarm going off at Art of Animation, Little Mermaid section. A tree down at Poly and another at Saratoga. WESH has a live camera feed on Disney Springs. It's shaking like a drunken sailor. Tikiman reports the plate glass doors on the building billowing. Another reports their room window is doing the same. We have friends living in Winter Garden just north of Magic Kingdom. Haven't heard from them in a while. I expect they're without power.

This is nothing like Matthew was when I was there last year. Nor what it was like earlier today. I expect there are many frightened people in Disney right now. Judging by the downed trees and other debris I'm doubting the parks will come thru this without at least some cosmetic damage.

Where can I find the Disney Springs livecam?

Do you happen to have a link to the live cam?

So this makes me wonder, how many times, if any, has a hurricane hit Orlando/WDW full bore like this one? :confused3

The eye just went over my families house. Very Very Scary.. Power is out.. They are OK.. Worst is over I believe, but the winds will be high till the morning..

Its hard not being there to make sure everything is OK

It sucks because you won't really know the damage till sun comes out.

I pray for the best, but safety is number 1

Also, I wish I didn't have the FL news station apps, I have been watch live all day.. Its amazing but scary and stressful to watch

All glass at the parks was covered and secured. They weren't playing around. The wind is really rough right now, but the storm is definitely dying.

Power is still on at All Star Music. No damage that I can see from my building.

Just a heads up. Heaviest winds are about to move into Orlando

Live forecast

Wind gusts in Orlando around 72mph as of now

Last edited:
Raven please be careful, the garage door is made to flex, just stay in and be safe.

Logically, I know this, but I appreciate the reminder.

I'm not moving from the spot I'm in until sunrise. I want no part of what's going on outdoors.

Sending you a cyber hug, Raven. :hug:

Hang in there. The worst of it should be over soon.

Thanks. I've got a weather radio on and that's keeping me updated. It's coming, yes, but then it's going. I keep telling myself that...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter