Hurricane Irma?

Here's a question, let's say MCO opens tonight or tomorrow. My flight is landing on Thurs. direct from Denver on Frontier. How long till I find out if my flight will be cancelled due to crew issues or displaced aircraft (etc etc). I'm really stressed about it getting cancelled last minute and crushing my kiddos hopes.

This is not accurate. We were permitted to leave our rooms. In fact, resort dining opened up as of 1pm.

I didn't think I was whining...wow. Harsh.
I guess you missed the "If it's even true part." LOL.
personally, I think everyone else is making way too much out of this picture deal, the OP was just making a statement, that's all, chill everyone, be grateful Disney has employees even willing to come to work, just because they are capable of reopening doesn't mean the area where any of their employees live fared as well.
It wasn't even like the original poster wanted to report them. I think we all should just "Let it go..!" I need a Frozen emoji.

Does anyone know what will happen if you arrive two and a half days late for check-in?

We reserved a stay from 09/11-25, yet after multiple rebookings we now are scheduled to arrive at MCO (from AMS via FRA and AID) on the 14th at 12.30 AM. Disney currently only accepts calls regarding urgent issues and I don't feel my problem is serious enough to 'stay on the line'.
If you do online check-in does it matter? Or are you using Magical Express?

I have a trip planned, I'm supposed to arrive this Friday (Sept. 15).. I don't know if I should cancel it or wait how everything goes. If anyone can advise! This is my first time going with my kids and I don't know what to do at this moment!!
Thanks for your help!!

We are coming Friday the 15th also driving from Pensacola in the panhandle hoping things are good enough by then. We've been planning forever to and surprising our kids I really don't want to cancel. Praying for the best for everyone affected and for us to.

Here's a question, let's say MCO opens tonight or tomorrow. My flight is landing on Thurs. direct from Denver on Frontier. How long till I find out if my flight will be cancelled due to crew issues or displaced aircraft (etc etc). I'm really stressed about it getting cancelled last minute and crushing my kiddos hopes.

You are not going to like this response, but it may not be until you are at the airport. A couple years ago, I was trying to get to Vegas on Delta and it was following a major weather incident elsewhere in the country (can't recall what storm it was.) Basically, Delta couldn't get a plane or crew for us and it was cancelled while we were there. we rebooked on another airline that was flying there 2 hours later.

Unfortunately, it can happen anytime up until your departure.

We are supposed to be on a 5:20pm Frontier flight out of MCO tomorrow that I was told is coming from Denver. I will let you know if that flight takes off as scheduled. If yes, I will assume you SHOULD be good to go by Thursday. I will say I am very nervous if we will get out of here tomorrow or not.

If you were supposed to arrive today, I would stay on the line and inform them of your itinerary change.

Otherwise you risk having the whole reservation cancelled for being a no-show today, I would imagine

Decided to call again. The CM told me that being a no-show currently does not lead to a cancellation.

I can't believe my 17 year old daughter is acting like a 5 year old because I won't drive her the 5 miles to her friends house. I've already told her I don't want her to get stuck there.
Teenage daughters sure can be frustrating.

I'm in Georgia about 45 minutes from the airport. Our garbage services cancelled for today and tomorrow which I expected. And Gwinnett County Schools finally announced they are closed tomorrow too.

Power keeps flickering for us. I keep hearing sirens coming from the main road about 1/2 a mile from us.
I'm going to get off the computer and get repacked for my trip. No point in bringing extra stuff I don't need since the trip has gone from 6 days to maybe 4 if I'm lucky.

Stay safe!

Why in the world has Gwinnett County Schools closed for TOMORROW? We're homeschoolers, so a little out of the loop. Has something happened? (Sorry other posters)

ETA: Hi @summerlvr! Another Gwinnett neighbor!

We are supposed to be on a 5:20pm Frontier flight out of MCO tomorrow that I was told is coming from Denver. I will let you know if that flight takes off as scheduled. If yes, I will assume you SHOULD be good to go by Thursday. I will say I am very nervous if we will get out of here tomorrow or not.
Thank you! That would be awesome :)

Until the plane is actually in the air, there is no guarantee. Frontier is not known as an airline with excellent service or the ability to recover quickly from service disruptions.

You could try the FlightAware site and check your flight. They have a "where is my plane now?" feature that lets you see where the aircraft scheduled for your flight is. You can track the incoming flight, and if that is on its way and on schedule that could give you more confidence that your flight will be good to go.

But, as a previous poster mentioned, there is always the possibility of a late change if the flight crew has to take mandated rest or if the airline decides to use the plane for a different flight, or various other issues.

Perspective: he asked to delete photos. In the grand scheme of things, this seems incredibly minor.

I might ask a manager what policy is and let them know a CM asked to delete pics. Just so Disney can clarify policy for all. Not go after one CM for something so minor -- ESPECIALLY under these circumstances.
Look at the pics I posted on page 293. A CM was walking with me as I took the pics. He went with me to check on my car since the wind was still high and there was at least one tree down. He stopped with me as I took photos.

Why in the world has Gwinnett County Schools closed for TOMORROW? We're homeschoolers, so a little out of the loop. Has something happened? (Sorry other posters)

ETA: Hi @summerlvr! Another Gwinnett neighbor!
I would guess that they are anticipating some roads being impassable. I already saw a notice on social media from Gwinnett County that part of Johnson Rd near Five Forks Trickum is closed due to downed trees and power lines.
And howdy to you too, fellow Gwinnettian!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter