Hurricane Irma?

I'm on hold with DVC member services. I am fairly certain there is no availability to move our trip from this weekend (9/10-9/15) to the following (9/16-21)...if by some miracle there is, we will move the trip. If not, we will cancel. Not sure what happens to our points. I'm honestly so frazzled I can't remember if the points were current use year or banked. So I'm hoping we don't lose the points completely. Either way, if we cancel the trip we will book something off-site for cash for that later week and try to salvage our vacation. We weren't doing Disney, so we will need to reschedule our Discovery Cove day. Not happy about having to eat $600+ to book a cash reservation somewhere but honestly we desperately need a vacation.

Assuming Florida is still standing of course.
Let me know what you find out. I am wondering if they are allowing the points to go back to original status or if they are putting them into holding account.

Yes, I fully understand how Garden Grocer works. I do not know if they shop ahead or day of. For example if they shop ahead, my chances may be better.

They shop ahead but at this point it is probably too late. I talked to them yesterday and they assured me they already had bottled water for those that had already ordered it. If you are making a new order today or later this week, I wouldn't count of them to have any for you.

Ok, then need to discuss it in 2 different ways. There are 2 different parts of Harvey to discuss. The rain that Houston got had nothing to do with East side/West side of the Hurricane. The winds that came with it when it first blew in were typical Hurricane behavior.
It it tough to say what a "typical" hurricane is as many behave differently.

I live in Tampa and am monitoring the storm. Keep in mind, no matter the plot this is a massive, massive storm over 400 miles wide. FL is a little over 100 miles wide. ALL of Florida will be effected. The gov. is asking for ALL of Florida to prepare. Last year Matthew followed a path similar to the current spaghetti models. Matthew was smaller and less intense. Disney closed for Matthew. The path can shift, the forecasts can change. If you can change your plans I would. As a Floridian, we all need to prepare. If you can make adjustment and allow for more Disney employees to be with their families during the storm it would be appreciated by those employees and their families.

Our family has supplies and hotel reservations in the event we need to evacuate.

If you think the media is overreacting then please, listen to Gov. Rick Scott. His advice is sound and should be taken into consideration.

I know many have trips that they are looking forward to, but I can tell you you will enjoy it more without a hurricane.
I listened to his press conference this morning. Lots of good solid advice while telling people to get themselves prepared now and get out if local officials order evacuations.

Finally decided to cancel and reschedule our trip. We were due to arrive Saturday for 7 days. We were driving down with 1/2 of our party and the other half was flying. One of our party has never been to Disney and has not had a vacation since his parents were killed when he was 11. He's 29 now! We so wanted to spoil him with a great trip! So we are going to reschedule. Our TA is doing a great job!

lg_spaghetti.jpg

I hope it just goes east and out to sea... This is tampa news btw

Have no idea what models some TV station in Tampa is using. Here are the ones Weather Underground is currently showing:

gfs-sep5b.png

Does anyone know if Southwest emails you when they issue a Travel Advisory that affects your flight? I'm still hoping they extend to the 12th...

We were supposed to fly down tomorrow and come home Sunday and we just cancelled. Disney would not refund our AA airfare, even though I called AA this morning and was told a voucher could be issued. Disney called AA and spoke to another representative after I discussed my experience contacting AA earlier and Disney put me on hold... a few minutes later she came back to the phone and stated that there was nothing she could do, and that she wouldn't refund the plane tickets. Better to lose $350 than the whole trip cost, I guess.

If AA ends up closing the MCO airport I pray we can get a voucher or credit as our tickets were already paid for. We will see.

Does anyone know if Southwest emails you when they issue a Travel Advisory that affects your flight? I'm still hoping they extend to the 12th...
Even if they do I wouldn't wait on it. I would stalk the site. The flights are going fast. If you wait on an alert you may miss out on rebooking choices.

ETA - when we were rebooking our flights last year I lost some while on the phone with the airline, they were going that fast.

They didn't notify me and my flight is on the 11th. I haven't changed yet. I wonder if I changed it and had to change it again if they would still waive the difference.

I know Disney has their own fuel sources for their buses, etc. But if FL does take a direct hit, how will they be able to replenish their supplies?

Check their website. Travel waivers were listed yesterday so flights may be harder to find today.

For anybody canceling, did you book airfare through Disney for AA? I am on hold now with customer service, but I am curious how they handle the airfare. I can't do anything with it through AA website as it tells me to contact my travel agent (WDW).
Yes. They will not refund the airfare for AA. Lesson learned, do not book airfare through Disney. AA travel agent told me she would have been liberal with the voucher policy but since I booked through Disney she could not issue a voucher. Disney was great about refunding hotel and park tickets, but I'm out airfare. Better safe than sorry.

Here are the latest global + ensemble or consensus spaghetti models. All of these models are used in NHC forecasts and they have cited several of these specific models as informing their forecasting in multiple updates on Irma in the past few days.

qfg8PrNl.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter