Hurricane Irma?

considering there have been multiple postings of people wanting to see it but cant figure out how to work it, i dont think i will quit. The possibilities are getting narrower and narrower. this can at least help people make the best decision on what they think they should do for their situation

Then just post the URL where you're getting this stuff from. That not only saves bandwidth but gives people looking for this information the most recent, up to date projections - which change hourly.

I disagree. How is this not valuable information? Those are 2 of the most trusted models out there.

Come back in 48 hours and see how useful and valuable this information is.

considering there have been multiple postings of people wanting to see it but cant figure out how to work it, i dont think i will quit. The possibilities are getting narrower and narrower. this can at least help people make the best decision on what they think they should do for their situation

images and gifs do not take up a lot of bandwidth, especially if its once every 20-30 pages
Not to quibble, but they are bandwidth hogs. They won't even load on my PC. All I see is

Can we please knock off posting this stuff? None of this data will be relevant or even accurate >48 hours from now. It's doing nothing but wasting bandwidth and is not useful at all.

If you really must post projections and predictions, just post a URL to real time data.

It's helpful for people who haven't been following the path into now. Anything they helps people plan shouldn't be a problem on a site about planning.

Then just post the URL where you're getting this stuff from. That not only saves bandwidth but gives people looking for this information the most recent, up to date projections - which change hourly.

except there have been multiple people across this thread that can not figure out how to use the models and they should not be left in the dark just taking our words for it. i have simplified it so everyone can have access to the current information in a simple to read gif.

there is nothing wrong with having the most up to date information to make the best choices for your individual situation, instead of going off of the advice of people on a message board.

Last edited:
except there have been multiple people across this thread that can not figure out how to use the models and they should not be left in the dark just taking our words for it. i have simplified it so everyone can have access to the current information in a simple to read gif

Yeah, a "simple to read gif" that is only useful for about 30-60 minutes, versus going to the source URL and getting the most up-to-date data whenever the page gets loaded.

And exactly how does posting these gifs help people "figure out how to use the models"?

there is nothing wrong with having the most up to date information to make the best choices for your individual situation, instead of going off of the advice of people on a message board.

Precisely. And the stuff you post is only up to date for about an hour, tops.

I understand your desire to play Pointcast Network, but cluttering up this thread with large gifs containing data that may or may not be relevant or accurate an hour from now isn't much better than just posting the URL where you're getting these gifs from every hour.

LOL, you did not just ask whether AL or GA sell cannabis. Bless your heart, I gather you've never been to the Deep South before. Hint: think Bible Belt.
Well..... it is sold, not legaly but people do sell it. I don't recommend you try and buy it.

Wasn't trying to be a douchebag or dampen anyone else's mood but I was just saying it's not looking good for Florida right now. And that anyone with a Disney trip this coming weekend/ week might want to be careful about what they want to do.

I got what you were saying. Nothing to feel bad about.

Here now. Arrived yesterday. Only found about Irma on Monday evening about 11 hrs before my flights departure.

Could have rescheduled the Disney portion of my trip but my airline had not yet posted their travel advisory.

It had now been posted.

I am scheduled to fly out on Monday the 11th at 11:30am.

I understand it is difficult to predict what may happen.

Could someone give me even an educated guess as to what Monday could possibly look like and perhaps even suggest a course of action.

I am trying very hard to remain calm and enjoy my vacation.

Don't want to worry unless I really need to.

Yeah, a "simple to read gif" that is only useful for about 30-60 minutes, versus going to the source URL and getting the most up-to-date data whenever the page gets loaded.

And exactly how does posting these gifs help people "figure out how to use the models"?

I understand your desire to play Pointcast Network, but cluttering up this thread with large gifs containing data that may or may not be relevant or accurate an hour from now isn't much better than just posting the URL where you're getting these gifs from every hour.

you can argue with me all you want, im still going to do it. if the mods have a problem with it they can stop me. for those who can figure out how to find and see the current data, good for them. for those who can not, I am here to do what I can. the data may not be accurate, no one is debating that, but this is the best we have to work with at the current moment, and people need that information until newer data has been released.

you can argue with me all you want, im still going to do it. if the mods have a problem with it they can stop me. for those who can figure out how to find and see the current data, good for them. for those who can not, I am here to do what I can. the data may not be accurate, no one is debating that, but this is the best we have to work with at the current moment, and people need that information until newer data has been released.

That's fine, we all have to do things that make us feel important and useful I guess. Everyone else just should know that what you're doing is rather pointless.

The data you're posting is only the "best we have to work with" at the moment you click on the "Post" button, not at any other time. Which is why it makes more sense to post a URL to data that's updated in REAL TIME. Why is that such a difficult concept for you to understand?

The bottom line is if you decide to go be prepared to take care of yourself for 24 hours. If Disney has a room available they will be glad to sell it to you, if they don't they won't throw you out of the lobby. If you are driving down be aware that there might be gas shortages.

Here now. Arrived yesterday. Only found about Irma on Monday evening about 11 hrs before my flights depar

Could have rescheduled the Disney portion of my trip but my airline had not yet posted their travel advisory.

It had now been posted.

I am scheduled to fly out on Monday the 11th at 11:30am.

I understand it is difficult to predict what may happen.

Could someone give me even an educated guess as to what Monday could possibly look like and perhaps even suggest a course of action.

I am trying very hard to remain calm and enjoy my vacation.

Don't want to worry unless I really need to.
Monday doesn't look like a good flying day, Tuesday would be better based on the timing. I would try to get an extra night and change my flight.[/QUOTE]

Good luck to all of you who are trying to get their reservations moved, cancelled, etc. I cant even imagine how disappointed I would be if our trip was during this time.

Please don't listen to all the negative comments - you do what YOU have to do. Do what is right for YOUR family, YOUR situation.

If you decided to cancel, and even if you are losing a little money, you can rest easily knowing you are safe and you can always go another time.

If you decide to move forward with your vacation, please be prepared, be safe, and try to enjoy the trip!

Sending calming thoughts and prayers to all of you worrying/stressing over this hurricane.

That's fine. Everyone else just should know that what you're doing is rather pointless.

The data you're posting is only the "best we have to work with" at the moment you click on the "Post" button, not at any other time.

its not pointless. I'm not telling anyone what they should do, nor what is safe and what is not. I'm simply presenting the current data for those who need to make a decision NOW regarding what information we have available to us. for those of us who can wait longer to change things, then today is irrelevant.

The data you're posting is only the "best we have to work with" at the moment you click on the "Post" button, not at any other time. Which is why it makes more sense to post a URL to data that's updated in REAL TIME. Why is that such a difficult concept for you to understand?
FYI nothing is updated in real-time. the best data comes out around 2am est and 2pm est. everything in between is a bit of a wash, and even the in between data updates every six hours

its not pointless. I'm not telling anyone what they should do, nor what is safe and what is not. I'm simply presenting the current data for those who need to make a decision NOW regarding what information we have available to us. for those of us who can wait longer to change things, then today is irrelevant.
I honestly don't think he realizes these things only update every few hours. There is no minute by minute change in forecast models. And if people don't understand what exactly to click on, and what settings to use, they would be looking at those models like...what...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter