• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hurricane Irma?

There is the typical number you can text to that will donate $10. It's scrolling on TV every few minutes. If no one else updates with the info I will as soon as it returns again

ETA - you text IRMA to 90999 to donate $10
She can't if she uses a international phone. She's trying to circumvent having to pay the exchange rate twice. She has to donate in person because of this.

It's not like we can understand half of what he's saying!

At this point I do wish they'd check in with other anchors/other areas. I understand landfall is big news, but we can't hear him and other areas are being affected too.

Randomly: standing there in 80-100 mph like he is for so long must burn an insane amount of calories, bet he's gonna have a huge dinner. It looks exhausting, like swimming a marathon.
If a branch breaks loose he is going to get killed.

If you go back over the past 10 pages or so, there have been a lot of reports. Sorry, I was going to be more helpful having quoted some of the posts, but the dang post got messed up and I lost all of my quotes >:(

I've been watching since I rescheduled my trip this weekend to next. Most of the reports are incoming flights.

As of now, our flight is fine and scheduled to depart. I am just afraid if the 7:30am is cancelled, the only other option Tuesday is 5:20pm, and it might be full. I need to get home on Tuesday. Frontier waited until late this past time. I felt like I wasn't pro active enough to get us out of here and my concern now is if flights aren't coming in, there won't be a plane here Tuesday at 7:30am to depart. Beyond booking another flight reservation myself, I am not sure what else I can do. We are only allowed one change and we used it from saturday to Tuesday at 7:30am.

I hope they'e paying that poor man a lot to stand out in that. I'm just waiting for a gust to send him flying through the air.

Our SW flight into MCO on Tues was canceled. (traveling from DC). Considered changing my flight into ATL on Tue and renting a car and driving the 6 hours, but I'm concerned that flight will be canceled as well. I could get a flight on Frontier for Thur but that will cut our trip by 2 days unless DVC has available rooms to extend or stay which is going to be very doubtful. Not to mention our annual passes run out on the 19th. :/ Southwest is telling me they *may reinstate the Tuesday flights so it's best to not cancel my flight yet. I can't seem to get a clear idea and how badly Atlanta is getting hit.... anyone know? Also.. how bad is it driving through a tropical storm? LOL! TIA! April

Thank you! I just spoke to a SW agent and she told me the same thing you said. I may just rent a car here in DC and drive the 13 hours.... I can't count on any flights at this point. Good luck to you too my friend! <3

I love outside Atlanta and schools have been cancelled on Mon and Tues for most of the state, so we are expecting last i heard up to 7 inches of rain, and extreme winds and of course tornados. We had reservations for this thursday the 14 and I was able to move then to next week. Traffic has been s nightmare for a week. Everyone from Florida is here and its taking 17 hrs to go from orlando to here. I would NOT recommend flying into Atlanta, I wouid go to Alabama and drive, 75 S will be a parking lot Wed thru the weekend when the Florida folks go home and worse if we Ga folks have a lot of damage. Thats why I changed our reservations the HWY was crazy.
@starstruck93 - I ditto what @connab just posted. There have been many Floridians who have evacuated to Georgia and surrounding areas. Traffic has been affected by the thousands of additional people on the roads. I drove on Weds from WDW to AtL and the trip, which normally takes 6.5 hours, took us 9 hours. Long lines at the gas stations. All these folks will have to head back south to FL later this week. Traffic will be really difficult. Storm is predicted to pass through Atlanta area on Monday evening. Expect downed trees (Atlanta has the most dense tree canopy of a any major metro area), etc. If you drive, I would assume it would take a lot longer than the regular driving times.

NOT COMPLAING- does anyone know what I need to do to get non-expiring tickets for the days I'm missing and my dessert party that was Monday? I don't want any money or any extras, I just want to be able to give Disney more of my money for those days at a later date :) My husband and I were thinking about a Florida trip next year, would love to be able to visit WCW for a couple days and only buy tickets for him. Thanks!

I just got email from southwest and my stomach sank, I thought my Thursday flights were getting canceled, but it was just the typical 'your trip is starting soon' email.

I always get a bit nervous when I get those emails that start with your flight for this date...and they always turn out to be something like that.

NOT COMPLAING- does anyone know what I need to do to get non-expiring tickets for the days I'm missing and my dessert party that was Monday? I don't want any money or any extras, I just want to be able to give Disney more of my money for those days at a later date :) My husband and I were thinking about a Florida trip next year, would love to be able to visit WCW for a couple days and only buy tickets for him. Thanks!

I would imagine asking at the front desk, but perhaps not right now if they're busy. Just sometime before you leave. They should be able to tell you what your options are for missed park days/the dessert party.

He just admitted he might get hit with something and he's taking cover.

He's back out now:rotfl2:He's definitely persistent. At least he has on a helmet and eye protection. I saw an interview with him, Mike Bettes, about one of the weather events he covered. He said he thought he was going to die and could only think of his wife. It was much worse than this though.

I bet they're not forcing any of them.

When I used to work in television news (I was a cameraman for many years) we were indeed forced/required. If you were scheduled to work during one of these events, you worked...and you covered what you were assigned. I stood outside in nor'easters and blizzards with my camera while we pleaded with folks to stay home and off the roads. I drove in white out conditions to get to the station and traversed flooded streets to get where we were sent. It always made me very angry and is one of the many reasons I no longer work in the industry.

She can't if she uses a international phone. She's trying to circumvent having to pay the exchange rate twice. She has to donate in person because of this.
Will there be Red Cross collecting donations at MCO? I assume the airport would flag and remove unauthorized or fake charities. I'd love to donate any unused US cash I bring, but I'm worried about "fake" charities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter