Hurricane Lane?

Prayers and thoughts to everyone in Hawaii.

Does anyone know what NCL’s ship is doing now? We are still 2 weeks away from the start of our RCCL Cruise to Honolulu from Vancouver.
Bobbi - hope everything is back to normal by the time you cruise!

From NCL web site:
  • POA - Hurricane Lane Weather Update

Pride of America - Hurricane Lane Update - August 23, 2018 at 9:30 PM ET (1:30 AM UTC)

Due to Hurricane Lane in the Pacific, we have modified the itinerary for Pride of America. The ship is currently out at sea, away from the storm. Pride of America is expected to return to Honolulu on Sunday, August 26th. The previously scheduled August 25th sailing will be delayed until Monday, August 27th. Embarkation will be available on both Sunday, August 26th and Monday, August 27th. Guests are encouraged to monitor NCL.com for further updates.

United is waiving fees for flight changes. I think, hope, we will be ok. We are not on NCL, but our ship does have stops at the same ports they do.

thanks for the updates from those of you currently there . . . Praying for everyone's safety and that Lane will not be too bad. Live in Texas just off the Gulf Coast so we know what Hawaii is going through. Our vacation is scheduled for mid September so we are keeping an eye on all reports. Will do Maui then Oahu/Aulani

Update Friday morning... still no rain here just lots of wind gusts and overcast.Pools/slides/lazy river remain closed. No chairs in beach or pool deck.

Pretty much all local stores are closed as they anticipated this would be the day Lane would arrive here. They are still calling for the rain to start later today.

I hope for the best for all visiting and living in Hawaii right now.

We fly on Monday stay in Waikiki that night, and arrive at Aulani on Tuesday. We are watching the news to see if we should still make our trip.
Wondering if you purchased trip insurance?:confused: With this unpredictable weather patterns all over, we purchase trip insurance. Think I heard on news, there hasn’t been a hurricane for a number of years.

Wondering if you purchased trip insurance?:confused: With this unpredictable weather patterns all over, we purchase trip insurance. Think I heard on news, there hasn’t been a hurricane for a number of years.
The last time a hurricane hit Hawaii was September 11, 1992 when Hurricane Iniki hit Kauai.

Thank you to everyone for the updates. After Hurricane Irma hit WDW, I am anxiously watching the progress of Hurricane Lane and how Disney's Aulani handles the situation.

Hoping everyone stays safe.

hi there,
my son and his new bride have moved from Aulani to Sheraton Waikiki, they had room service the night before at aulani and are now enjoying ocean view room on Waikiki beach :fish:so we will see how things pan out. They loved :cloud9: Aulani, and said the staff couldn't do enough for all guests, that the staff were calm and that made these two relax a little bit. I think they are missing being in the Disney bubble now::MickeyMo::MinnieMo......hopefully the storm just keeps on moving and all they will remember from this honeymoon is how awesome it was. He did send us a pic of the line up outside the resort shop at Sheraton for them to get drinks and snacks last night, but nothing worse than rope drop for space mountain:tigger:. stay safe those still in Hawaii......

The last time a hurricane hit Hawaii was September 11, 1992 when Hurricane Iniki hit Kauai.
Almost 26 years ago! A big advocate of trip insurance whenever we travel. We never know when an emergency or weather event will arise which will cause a cancellation or interruption. I sleep better knowing that we have it for the "what ifs"!:goodvibes PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS for all residents and vacationers in Hawaii enduring the Hurricane. :littleangel:::yes::

If you can afford to travel, you can afford travel insurance. I really think it should be a requirement for any travel that you buy the insurance. We never leave home without it, and I think my son now realizes why its important, they still need to fly home Monday, so who knows what the flights will be like?
I also think after the stress of the wedding, this is a great way to make them just stop, rest and talk..not run around sightseeing and stuff....the cup is always half full....:cheer2:

yourand tran
hi there,
my son and his new bride have moved from Aulani to Sheraton Waikiki, they had room service the night before at aulani and are now enjoying ocean view room on Waikiki beach :fish:so we will see how things pan out. They loved :cloud9: Aulani, and said the staff couldn't do enough for all guests, that the staff were calm and that made these two relax a little bit. I think they are missing being in the Disney bubble now::MickeyMo::MinnieMo......hopefully the storm just keeps on moving and all they will remember from this honeymoon is how awesome it was. He did send us a pic of the line up outside the resort shop at Sheraton for them to get drinks and snacks last night, but nothing worse than rope drop for space mountain:tigger:. stay safe those still in Hawaii......
PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS for the Groom and new Bride, all the travelers and residents!:rose: Congrats, we have something in common, we also have a newly married Groom and Bride(they are honeymooning in Italy and Greece now):love:, so awesome!:cheer2:SO WONDERFUL to hear that the Aulani staff was great!:D DH, me, our eldest DS(the groom)and youngest son(now 23) were at Aulani four years ago, in May to celebrate our youngest DS high school graduation, such a beautiful resort, loved and treasure the memories! :cheer2: Hope that your groom and bride enjoy the rest of their honeymoon safely!::yes::

Thanks Jerseygal,
They really are loving the trip. the bride has only ever been to new zealand so hasn't traveled much, so this is so exciting for her. I had my 2 boys get married 10 months apart this last year, so really a hurricane is nothing compared to 2 weddings as you can imagine lol.
Now if only I can get them home safe on Monday......but there are worse places to be stuck than Hawaii :)

Thank you to everyone for the updates. After Hurricane Irma hit WDW, I am anxiously watching the progress of Hurricane Lane and how Disney's Aulani handles the situation.

Hoping everyone stays safe.

Yes, Prayers and Good Thoughts! :goodvibes::yes::

So glad to see some news about how our Aulani is doing in the storm. My good friends are traveling there in mid-September and are anxious about what’s going on there. I’m grateful for people who are there right now who are posting news for us here on the mainland. I’ve been praying for our beautiful islands to be spared.

We are heard to Aulani on September 9th. Everyone stay safe. I live in FL and we go through this a lot. We were at Bay Lake Towers during Irma last year and Disney does an amazing job keeping everyone comfortable and safe.

Hurricane Iselle hit us in 2014, but was quickly demolished by Mauna Kea. That storm just wasn't as newsworthy and dramatic as Iniki so it's often forgotten.

I live about 35 miles from Aulani and it barely drizzled all week. On Friday, there were a fair number of people swimming at Waikiki beach and I have never seen so much traffic near Diamond Head. Today (Saturday) the malls were unusually crowded. I guess everyone was getting a bit stir crazy. I ventured out to Target tonight and they were still sold our or low on bread, milk, propane, tuna, spam, and canned soup.

Hurricane Iselle hit us in 2014, but was quickly demolished by Mauna Kea. That storm just wasn't as newsworthy and dramatic as Iniki so it's often forgotten.

I live about 35 miles from Aulani and it barely drizzled all week. On Friday, there were a fair number of people swimming at Waikiki beach and I have never seen so much traffic near Diamond Head. Today (Saturday) the malls were unusually crowded. I guess everyone was getting a bit stir crazy. I ventured out to Target tonight and they were still sold our or low on bread, milk, propane, tuna, spam, and canned soup.

We were there for hurricane Iselle and what I find interesting is for that storm Aulani kept the pools open (no slides) except for a few hours of high winds but did not allow anyone into the lagoon. They had people posted on the sand advising of Not going into the water because of the undertow. I guess they have re thought the procedure

Thank you alohamom for your update . . we will be headed to Aulani September 14. So thankful it wasn't worse than it was . . prayers to all who lost holmes on Maui and The Big Island . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter