Hurricane/Tropical Storm prep

GatorChris

Not of This World
We're planning on flying to Orlando on Saturday. Last leg will go through Dallas. But it looks like TS/Hurricane Delta will be hitting the south around Friday. For those of you who are used to such things, (Californians only understand massive movement of the earth) what do I need to prepare for? Will airlines cancel, or fly around, or fly over? We were also planning a beach day in Clearwater on Sunday. Will the storm affect what the beaches look like 24 hours later? Thinking I should maybe head to the Atlantic side.

Thanks!

No way of knowing for sure where it's likely to make landfall but if it does hit LA, then Florida will be fine and yes, the airplanes will fly around it.

Wait what? I'm coming in on Friday.. Reno, Dallas, Orlando. First trip to Magic Kingdom, we are Disneyland veterans. Really hope the weather doesn't suck the whole trip!

We flew from Orlando to Dallas on the day Sally made landfall in Alabama last month. We flew around it. We had a bit of turbulence, but nothing bad and no delays.

For those of you who are used to such things, (Californians only understand massive movement of the earth) what do I need to prepare for? Will airlines cancel, or fly around, or fly over? We were also planning a beach day in Clearwater on Sunday. Will the storm affect what the beaches look like 24 hours later? Thinking I should maybe head to the Atlantic side.

As a third-gen FL native, TS Delta is currently no concern. Last I saw, the cone is over Louisana and nowhere near FL. It likely won't have much, if any, impact on your flight. Planes will just go around it. I also don't expect it to really have any impact on the beaches. I would not take the storm into consideration at this time. If the forecast has huge changes and the cone moves over the FL peninsula, then I would be more concerned about it.

Looking at the Florida forecast for the rest of this week there doesn't seem to be any worries about the storm causing problems for Orlando or Clearwater. You'll be fine. It looks like temps in the high 80's near 90 which is a little warmer than it should be but nothing out of the ordinary. Have a great time!

Wait what? I'm coming in on Friday.. Reno, Dallas, Orlando. First trip to Magic Kingdom, we are Disneyland veterans. Really hope the weather doesn't suck the whole trip!
Even when it says 'rain' in the forecast it's usually just part of the day. I use the MyRadar app to see if rain is actually nearby because a lot of the time it can be overcast all day but not rain at all.

Like others have said the worst you can likely expect is re-routed flight plan (and maybe some turbulence). Just keep your day 0 plans flexible and maybe update the hotel on a possible late arrival due to a re-route.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter