Husband's birthday...what presents? Any ideas?

kristie73

Mouseketeer
So we'll be staying at POR March 21-27. During this week it will be my husband's birthday. We are flying in so what gifts might I possibly bring with us that he might "open" on this birthday? He booked a dinner at the Raglan Road Irish Restaurant downtown? I don't know why? We may change that reservation? Should I have something sent to the room? We have never been to Disney World so I'm not really sure what I should do to help make his day cool and surprising.

Also my youngest son, will turn 5 on March 9. A few week before our trip. Do you think we should make a big deal and get him a birthday pin so he can celebrate his birthday too?

Any ideas or tips to help make things special? :lovestruc

Get your husband a birthday button from Guest Services.

Be sure his birthday is noted on your reservation and on all dining ADRs

You'll love Raglan Road!

Stuff sent to the room tends to range from expensive to REALLY expensive.

My husband would be glad to receive a book by his favorite author, but only YOU know what yours would like :)

My husband will be celebrating his 40th in WDW and I will tell you what I am doing. The morning of his birthday he will be getting a gift with our family shirts for the day - his IT'S MY 40th BIRTHDAY and our matching shirts asking park guests to wish Charles a happy 40th birthday.

Then

I bought a chain that can be worn as a necklace throughout the day. I made dog tag sized photos and comments... idk how to describe it... The theme is 40 things we love about you. One of the tags has a photo of him fishing with our older boy and a message from our boy saying "I love fishing with you!" another is him comforting our younger son after he fell and the caption reads "I love you for always picking me up when I fall" etc... Throughout the day he will be given a few of these to open and attach to his 'necklace'. When we get home he can open the chain and hang it in his office... The charms are small enough that it won't be burdensome for me to pack...

I HTH a little - Have FUN!

I second the birthday pin! For your husband and your son (if he wants!) We we went to Disney for my birthday earlier this year and it was soooo much fun! I ended wearing a pin all three days that we were there, since it was my birthday trip. Everywhere we went, both CM's and other guests wished me a happy birthday. A few times we were given special treats like cupcakes and ice cream with a candle. One time, at Cosmic Ray's the CM's serenaded me (and four others!) while we waited for our food, it was kind of awesome and during my birthday dinner at Marakesh, the band sang to me. Birthdays at WDW are so much fun and it made me feel very special.

We usually stay with family, so I have no idea about staying on property and having stuff sent to the room. Merchandise is obviously easy to find though on property and you might even be able to get the front desk to leave it for you, but a special experience might be nice too (i.e. one of the special tours) or special activity (i.e. parasailing or jetskiing on the bay).

Have fun and enjoy your Disney birthday experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter