Hydro Flask on carry on baggage

tammyroo

Mouseketeer
Anyone have any problems getting through security with a hydro flask? Empty, of course. I would like to have it for the parks the day we arrive.

Just flew from BWI to Las Vegas and back last week. Had my hydroflask (empty) in my carry on - not a problem at all! Planning on taking it to Disney tomorrow as well. Love my hydroflask:love:

I just brought mine along on the plane from Buffalo to Orlando a few weeks ago.
I had it in my carryon bag when I went through security, then I filled it with water before getting on the plane. It was nice to have a nice bottle of water with me that didn't sweat during the flight

I took mine on empty and had no problem. When just leaving Disney last week, that morning I had filled it with my bottled water ice cubes and then had it filled with water. I drank the water by the time we reached the airport. I didn't throw out the ice cubes bc I knew I was going to buy new water after going through security. I was so curious if they were going to make me dump out all the ice cubes - but they didn't! Didn't get stopped or anything. :thumbsup2 I was quite happy :)

Interesting that ice cubes made it through security. I wonder if it was a "mistake"?

It's funny that after many years of using re-usable and re-fillable bottles, often filling them halfway and freezing, I never realized that I was bothered by sweating bottles. It was just something I put up with by wrapping a cloth around the bottle, thinking I was adding to the insulation.

Now I realize how nice it is to have a no-sweat (but not a Hydroflask) bottle. It is so weird to be sipping very cold water and to be holding the vacuum insulated bottle that feels like room temperature in my hand.

Back in december I carried my own coffee tumbler to make Starbuck's Via Coffee while i was traveling. What I didn't realize was that it was a quarter full. To make a story short it made it through security with out a second glance. I think that because of the fact you are carrying a personal cup or something in a carryon there will be liquid in it.

I was going to ask the same question! We leave Saturday...security might be tighter due to the date.

Took 3 empty flasks in hand luggage from Orlando to Boston and from Boston to London, had no trouble at either MCO or Logan. Great product for keeping drinks cool even when left in full sun during a Florida summer!

We've carried them on (empty of course) flying to MCO from Philly twice & Newark once. All 3 trip there was no problem. I like filling it up in the airport with Snapple and having a cool drink on the plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter