HydroGuy and BlackJackDelta

HydroGuy

A Pirate's Life For Me
Hi everyone including Jack. What Jack wrote yesterday about dropping out of DIS came after one of my posts to him. That is really bothering me. I posted an explanation about what happened and it did not seem like a big deal to me. I think it will be counterproductive for me to post an explanation in each of the "come back jack threads" but I felt it was worthwhile doing it once here.

FWIW, here was my post in a different thread...

Jack your input is invaluable, but I can see where this goes. The PP responds to your post "Oh no, maybe we should cancel if it is going ot be a nightmare!". Then you and everyone else jumps and says, "No, don't cancel! You can do it!". So be careful what you say. ;)
I posted the above while I was waiting for an airplane. It was meant to be lighthearted and poke fun at all of us. While I was working on the above post the airline made a last minute gate change and I heard my name called over the speaker system calling me to another gate. So I had to pack up my laptop and scoot. I pushed the Submit button without completing my thoughts or reviewing what I wrote. Which is unusual because I always try to check the tone of my post. But I did not have time. The part about "you and everyone else jumps and says..." was supposed to include myself in the "everyone else" crowd.

In any case, I got on the plane and travelled all day and got in late (midnight) and had business all day today. I finally got some time tonight to read what happened.

After reviewing what happened the best I can figure out is I did offend Jack. Since we have had many hundreds of friendly posts between us (plus numerous PMs and direct private e-mails) I assumed I would be given the benefit of the doubt if such a situation came up like this.

What I was trying to convey in my post above is that there have been numerous posts lately by others who say they are "scared" by the crowds we talk about and AP holder crowds, etc., and they ask if they should cancel. Our response (mine, Jack's and others') is generally to tell them to consider changing dates but, if they can't change dates, to push through and visit anyways. It is of course unintentional on our parts to "scare" people. We do try to help them understand what they are getting into.

I have two of Jack's direct e-mail addresses from previous correspondence and I e-mailed him tonight. Hopefully something good will come out of it.

If I have come across as harsh or condescending to Jack in this then I sincerely apologize. It was not intended. I trust the bulk of my thousands of posts confirm this. I consider Jack one of my better Disney forum friends and would be deeply saddened if I was the cause of him dropping from DIS because of an ill-timed and incomplete post.

I wish everyone the best, including Jack and his four kids and now grandchild, and hope you all have lots of Disney magic in your future. pixiedust:

No matter what happened and why Blackjack left (for only a little while I hope) I do appreciate your coming forth with explanation/apology/etc. As many have said, communicating online is so much more difficult than in person, and over the years I know I've been mis-understood too..you would not believe the stories..well, maybe you all would as we've all been there.
As an aside, Hydroguy, you had mentioned on the name origin thread that you had previoulsy been in another Disney group that was no more. I've been wondering if that was perhaps the old Aol (or was it Prodigy) group? I was there and remember several posters..among them an especially analytical and intelligent one, one called Arstogas and a young guy who was an animator (Jimmy Neutron). One of the big flaps was when one of us said the word 'crap' (can you say that here?) and we ended up in some chat with some moderator and started saying croop, which I do to this day.
Anyway....
Blackjack, I hope you are seeing how many people want you to continue posting. As silly as it seems you get where you kinda sorta know folks here and so many enjoy your posts, so I hope you'll come back. Just think how much more fun planning your August trip will be with all of us here cheering you on.:hippie:

Thank you, Hydroguy....I didn't see everything that went down, I've just read the posts since. Both yours and blackjack's posts are always very helpful, and I do hope to continue to see them on the dis!

Off topic for a second, though...Nunzia- prodigy..that's a throwback there :) Prodigy BBs were my first experience with talking about Disney online way back when!

Hugs Hydroguy:hug:

From what I can tell you have done/said nothing wrong.:confused3

I also want to point out what a valuable contributer to the Disboards you are and I enjoy your posts which are always pleasant and well thought out.

Hopefully Jack will head back to the boards in time.

I trust the bulk of my thousands of posts confirm this.

Yep, they do. I've been reading your posts for a number of months now. They are mixed with helpful info, humor, and other positive things. I think you've gone above and beyond to try to "fix" this. :goodvibes Your insights as well as Jack's are appreciated by many here on the DIS. I hope to see him come around again as well.

Hydro, if the reason he left is because of this one post by you, then he has the problem not you. What you stated was your opinion, just as he has many opinions. The fact he doesn't give you the benefit of the doubt despite the hundreds of freindly interactions reveals a character flaw on his part. Many won't say what I'm saying but will agree.
You have been nothing but informative, friendly and helpful to all, and I don't believe you have a mean bone in your body. could it have been a misunderstanding? Sure. Will DIS miss Jack? Sure.........popcorn::

As a newbie here I appreciate input from both you & Jack. I hope everything works out in the end so you guys can continue to give me advice ;)

As an aside, Hydroguy, you had mentioned on the name origin thread that you had previoulsy been in another Disney group that was no more. I've been wondering if that was perhaps the old Aol (or was it Prodigy) group? I was there and remember several posters..among them an especially analytical and intelligent one, one called Arstogas and a young guy who was an animator (Jimmy Neutron). One of the big flaps was when one of us said the word 'crap' (can you say that here?) and we ended up in some chat with some moderator and started saying croop, which I do to this day.
Nope, that was not me. Never been on AOL.

Thanks! :)

Hydroguy - I appreciate you posting a synopsis of what you think happened. I did not think that you were being disrespectful in your post but understand that reading a post does not always convey the correct tone that speaking would. Both you and Jack post extremely helpful info and I hope that there is a amicable solution to this. The Disboards benefit from having both of you here.

Hey Trey,

Sometimes things are said and are taken the wrong way. Your post, along with your private communications with Jack show you are trying to let him know that you didn't mean to diss him, even though he took it that way.

Many of us have been on the receiving end, and some of us have been on the giving end ... part of "board life" on the Internet.

:hug: for trying to make it right ...

... and :hug: for Jack, too, because something must be going on for him to take your comment so hard

I really appreciate that you took the time to explain what happened HydroGuy, and both you and Jack have been a untappable gold mine of info about all things Disney. I would hate for both of you to leave the boards because of this, and can only hope that in time Jack will cool down, and realize that he has alot of support and friends on this board, perhaps more than he knows. I know first hand that the info that you and Jack freely give on this board made my trip to DL in Feb/09 alot better than it would have been otherwise. I went to DL much more informed than I would have. Here's hoping that Jack comes back to the boards, and that all will be forgiven. Have a great day!

Trish:hug::hug::hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter