Hypothetical Hotel Question (!)

Miffy2003

<font color=orange>I've got Saratoga Springs - mak
OK Chaps, opinions required please!

Which is best?

4 nights in the Hotel New York (I know some of you don't like it here but I think it looks fantastic! Would stay here in a heartbeat)

Or

2 nights Cheyenne & 2 nights Disneyland Hotel (Castle Club)
(love the look of the Cheyenne and this would give us Early Morning Fantasyland priveleges and I think 2 nights at DLH CC would give 3 days' VIP FPs and access to CC lounge but if anyone could confirm that would be great)

Is there a luggage moving service like there is at WDW?

What do you all think please? This would be a pretty busy time of year when it is cold if that helps with your thoughts :)

Option 2 without a doubt - we adore the Cheyenne, it's such a fun hotel to stay in and the bar atmosphere is the best we've seen on the resort. I'd personally stay there for all 4 nights and use the extra money for another trip at another time of year or on shopping! Hotel New York looks the least like a Disney Hotel to me - looks a Hilton anywhere in the UK.

Thats interesting - I'd like to know what people think too.

I haven't stayed at either, but having 2 days at The Cheyenne would make The Disneyland hotel a bit more affordable ( and if The Cheyeene is as fun as Steve says then it wouldn't be a hardship).

I think the only thing that would put me off would be having to pack everything up after 2 days only having to unpack it again in another room :confused3

Option 2 is quite a cunning plan!! I wouldn't want to change hotels half way through, but your DDs are a bit older and you probably don't need to bring so much stuff in the first place. For us, at the moment, it would be a nightmare!!

If you've got the chance to stay in Castle Club, you've got to try it. And the VIP FPs and proximity to the park will be a definite asset for the time of year you're planning to visit.

It's funny though (Steve ;) ), I love the HNY, but the Cheyenne does absolutely nothing for me. DH would love to stay there, but for me it's very low down on the list!! But then other people rave about it. So ignore my personal opinion!! I've no doubt that choosing to stay at both those hotels you will definitely have a fun and memorable DLP holiday!!

What a lovely choice :goodvibes Decisions, decisions

I recall from Jody's report Castle Club to Sequoia Lodge that they got a surprise that luggage was transferred, so I'd ask the question from Cheyenne to Castle Club.

If you got the transfer I'd go for Cheyenne to Castle Club.

Previous to this holiday I would have avoided HNY but going through it most days it had an air of luxury and harmony that appealed.

Reid

IMHO the HNY has the best theming and is most 'Disney like' out of all the Disney hotels bar the DLH. It is certainly not like any Hilton I've ever stayed in but interesting to see another person's perspective on that. Karen, If it were me, I would have to choose option 2 not only because I am a die hard fan of HNY but also because it is a big hassle to have to pack up and change hotels. I know because we always spend an extra night or two in HI and it IS an ordeal with the two kids (three if you count my DH). The HNY has a wonderful feel about it and when I am coming up in the lift listening to the 30's elevator jazz I almost feel like I'm in the novel 'Great Gatsby'. Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth.

Having had the Fantasy land breakfast last week and being very disapointed with it I wouldn't worry about going to the Cheyanne in order to get that opportunity. Plastic knives and forks, paper plates and cups and not a great choice in food, also too many people, nowhere to sit etc meant that you didn't finish your breakfast early enough to make the most of the extra time in the park. ( Just my experience ) I would do in future ,what we did for the other days this visit, eat at the hotel and get to the park as early as possible. We had three Fantasy land breakfasts booked but only went the once in the end. The VIP FP's mean that you can go in later, have a relaxed start to the day and still get to do your favourite rides without a queue.I like the Cheyanne, and quite fancy the DLH ( WOULDN'T WE ALL ) but don't fancy the packing and unpacking lark. I think on balance I'd go for the HNY option

Cyrano said:
Previous to this holiday I would have avoided HNY but going through it most days it had an air of luxury and harmony that appealed.

:love2:

nicola said:
The HNY has a wonderful feel about it and when I am coming up in the lift listening to the 30's elevator jazz I almost feel like I'm in the novel 'Great Gatsby'.

Now that does appeal to me - I've eaten in the restaurant and had a drink in the bar but never been inside - most of of my opinion comes from the exterior which doesn't appeal to me. Maybe I should wait until I've been inside and had a good look around before I pass judgment, because I have to admit what you have just described sounds pretty wonderful!

This is the beauty of this board - without this thread I may never have given HNY a chance but now thanks to one sentance I am very intrigued by it.

Wow guys you are all total stars - thanks a million for your responses :grouphug:

The packing / unpacking thing doesn't bother me much
If I'm honest I'm not sure if I would unpack at all for 2 or 4 nights - would probably live out of the suitcase with binbags for dirty clothes!

I do love the HNY - have never stayed there but when we visited before I loved the atmosphere, themeing, everything!!

Dee - funnily enough we had exactly the opposite experience with the hotel breakfast last time. It was fine for the first morning - ten minutes wait or so to be seated. But on the morning we checked out and went for breakfast - this was at SL - the queues were all the way up both flights of stairs, through the Redwood Bar and into the reception area :(
We could not even go down the stairs to leave by the back door. I heard one family say they had been waiting for 90 minutes to be seated :eek:
Needless to say we didn't bother and went into the park and grabbed a drink and snack there (though it di annoy me a little that we had paid for our breakfast in the price of our room). So the Fantasyland thing appealed as much for the early access as the food really.

The Cheyenne / DLH option is slightly mjore expensive but not much.

We won't save any money by going to the cheaper option unfortunately as the whole trip is being funded by a major supermarket's shopping vouchers :)

Any more for any more?

I really appreciate all your help so far :hyper:

dlpSteve said:
This is the beauty of this board - without this thread I may never have given HNY a chance but now thanks to one sentance I am very intrigued by it.

Way to go Nicola!!! :teeth:

Honestly Steve, the HNY is a great place and well worth trying one day. :) We'd never even considered it as an option until our last visit when we wanted to try something different - and we were SO impressed.

And one day I'll try the Cheyenne - promise!!

Since you say you're not too bothered about packing and unpacking, I have to go for the Cheyenne/Disneyland Hotel combo! It's such an excellent idea, staying at two hotels. Your kids will love the Cheyenne as I know I did when I stayed there (as a kid myself) and I will always think the DLH is worth it if you have the dosh! I say go for it! :goodvibes

After all, who's to say you can't do Hotel New York on a later visit? :cool1:

If it were me, I'd have to go for Cheyenne/DLH option. The HNY doesn't particularly appeal to me (sorry Becky, Nicola and all the other fans!!) and staying in Castle Club is the height of luxury!! The DLH is DLP's flagship hotel and the closest Disney hotel to any of the Disney theme parks in the world so I say if you have that option, go for it! Especially if you aren't bothered about unpacking/packing again, which I can understand would be a big issue for some people, especially those with small kids.

Let us know what you decide!!!

Miffy2003 said:
The packing / unpacking thing doesn't bother me much
If I'm honest I'm not sure if I would unpack at all for 2 or 4 nights - would probably live out of the suitcase with binbags for dirty clothes!

Wish I could be like that. I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to being organised while on holiday. I don't really relax until I have everything unpacked and folded or hung away. Everything has to be folded neatly and in its place. DH is EXACT opposite. I'm a nightmare I know but once I get this done I do manage to relax but I do wish I was the type that could live out of a suitcase. Life would be so much easier for everyone!

We did the Fantasy land breakfast 3 years ago and it was great, just not the same this year. We had no problem with breakfast at SL at all, walk straight in and seated right away every time. That doesn't mean it will be the same if we go again though.

I must admit the HNY fans are even selling me the idea of the Cheyanne and DLH option - but the suit case issue - not sure

Dee - I think it was the time of year we were there. The queues in the park were horrendous too unfortunately!

Maybe we were just unlucky!

Thank you everyone for your ideas :)

I will let you know when I decide ;) it is nice to take your time though, enjoying the decision making process itself (LOL how sad am I?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter