I’m a celiac and I have just accidentally eaten gluten!

Deanie1

DIS Veteran
This is the first time that I know of that I have accidently had gluten. I had a few crackers that I was told were gluten free but they weren’t. How do any other celiacs feel when they have had gluten? What are your reactions? Within minutes, I felt like I had a huge lump in my throat and it was hard to swallow. I have epi gastric pain and a terrible headache. Please tell me I will feel better soon. 😢

I am sorry that happened :( the lump in the throat sounds concerning. My husband has celiac and gets an upset stomach for a day or two if he has gluten. Unpleasant for sure, but manageable, and it’s pretty rare these days with better labeling and awareness.

I also have eosinophilia esophagitis (EOE) which led to my celiac diagnosis. EOE is an allergic reaction in the esophagus. I am starting to feel a bit better but still not up to snuff.

Generally speaking, you should be ok - but I did find this page (skip down to the actual list of 10 things to try) and you may find some ideas there.

Thank you so much! I have printed this article out so I have it ready if this ever happens again. I am trying to drink as much as I can right now. Note to self: eat whole foods only or food from the health food store.

Thank you so much! I have printed this article out so I have it ready if this ever happens again. I am trying to drink as much as I can right now. Note to self: eat whole foods only or food from the health food store.

I'm not sure that's really necessary as most stores sell gluten free products now. Definitely always check labels for yourself though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter