I’m home and I need a vacation to recover from my vacation 😂

Sure. Most vacations (especially road trips) are hardly "rest and relaxation". Especially when you're on your feet for several days.

Reactions: slo
pixiedust:Hi - so glad you enjoyed yourself! Can you tell us how much buying G+ and the Lightening Lanes every day added to the base price of your tickets? TIA.

The Genie + is $15 per person per day - so $45 a day for us.
The individual lightning lane prices change depending on the day and time of year and they vary between $7-$13 per person. So it cost us $21 to ride Space Mountain and $33 to ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. We did some other ILLs too, but not all of them.

The individual lightning lane prices change depending on the day and time of year and they vary between $7-$13 per person. So it cost us $21 to ride Space Mountain and $33 to ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. We did some other ILLs too, but not all of them.

That is so ridiculous! With the exorbitant fees WDW already charges......that is a deal breaker for me. We haven't been in 5 years and I can't see us going back.

We just got back from spending a week there and agree on the exhaustion from being constantly on our feet all day every day!

And actually, tax is added to the $15/day so it comes to $15.98 per day. We saw that one of the LL rides (can't recall which one) hit $14 while there last week. But in the end, it was worth it to get to ride some of the rides without losing 1-2 hours standing in line.

Sounds like a great trip, and your daughter is a trooper for doing all that walking when her legs were hurting. Glad you had such a nice time. :)

Happy Birthday!!! 🥳
Mine was October 16th - the big five O

That’s my daughter’s birthday too, she‘s 43 now🙂

I enjoyed reading about your trip, sounds like you had fun. We have a cruise coming up in January and we decided just a few days ago to add a 4-night stay at Disney on our way home. We are staying at our favorite resort, Port Orleans Riverside. I was at Disney World for the 25th anniversary so it will be nice to be there for the 50th too. 🙂

I would love to hear more about Genie and the Lightning Lane. Cost, and what you get for your money. I hate they did away with fast passes.☹
Edited to add: oops, I see you already explained. Don’t think we will pay for them.

We used to be commando, go-go-go all day from rope drop to park close on our feet. I remember being in agony on the bus ride back to the resort and thinking if the park was open another hour we'd go back in, all while my feet screamed.

Then we bought DVC.

We go much more often and slowed way the heck down. We are the masters of the midday break now. We wander in when we get up, ride a few things, eat a few things, soak in the atmosphere, go back to our resort and NAP or swim. Then we eat a nice meal somewhere and wander back in the park after 5pm. DVC was a game changer. It's also why we won't be buying Genie+ for most parks, days. We can wait. We'll be back.

Welcome back and Happy birthday! I am heading to the world next week and the more I read how much everyone is using genie plus I am getting down about it as I cannot afford those prices and I am taking my friend who has never been and I really wanted to show her my favorite place but the cost of it is putting a damper on it

We just got back from spending a week there and agree on the exhaustion from being constantly on our feet all day every day!

And actually, tax is added to the $15/day so it comes to $15.98 per day. We saw that one of the LL rides (can't recall which one) hit $14 while there last week. But in the end, it was worth it to get to ride some of the rides without losing 1-2 hours standing in line.

Yes - I couldn’t agree more

After we got off Space Mountain my DD said to me, “You just paid 22 bucks for us to ride that.” and I told her, “No - I paid 22 bucks for us to not stand in line for 45 minutes.”

With us not knowing when we’ll go back with DD since she’s going to college next year, it was worth every dollar for us to get as much in as we could.

Welcome back and Happy birthday! I am heading to the world next week and the more I read how much everyone is using genie plus I am getting down about it as I cannot afford those prices and I am taking my friend who has never been and I really wanted to show her my favorite place but the cost of it is putting a damper on it

Please don’t have the Genie+ discussions put a damper on your plans. Start watching ride times on the app now so you can plan your day according to that. When you’re at the parks use the app to watch ride times all the time and that will help immensely. It’s all strategy and I’m certain you’ll have a wonderful time.

Please don’t have the Genie+ discussions put a damper on your plans. Start watching ride times on the app now so you can plan your day according to that. When you’re at the parks use the app to watch ride times all the time and that will help immensely. It’s all strategy and I’m certain you’ll have a wonderful time.
thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter