I’m not going to trust that psychopath! April 15-24th, trip report. I’m back and TR link 9/17*

We headed out to the bus stop and a bus pulled up right when we arrived, perfect! :thumbsup2
:thumbsup2
We saw Frozone posing as we made our way through the park!
He almost looks like an inflatable.
I love the nod to the GMR!
I never noticed that! Nice. :thumbsup2
Andi and I loved the old DHS with the Backlot tour
::yes:: I did too. Such a shame that it's gone.
we checked in for dinner at MM.
I've had some good meals there. ::yes::
the chicken wasn’t dry but the coating on it was a little dark
Yeah, that's way too dark. Nope. Take it back, please. And change the oil. It's time.
We had Genie+ for Smugglers run next. I noticed Hondo, the animatronic, was not working today, he was covered up.
Huh. That must've made it a bit... odd.
We were pilots and a family of four was in the ship with us. They did not speak English and it was a riot listening to them behind us, maybe swearing at us?? :rotfl:
:lmao:
I almost convinced Donna to ride it. She wasn’t sure she would enjoy it especially with a full stomach.
Well, maybe if she'd ridden it, she wouldn't have been full afterwards...

:rolleyes1
The show as excellent we loved it! It had been at least 4-5 years since I had been and Donna’s first time. I loved the new floats and Steamboat Willie as the captain of the boat at the end!
Been about the same length for me... no... longer!
I agree and most people don’t even look into the graveyard 🪦
Tragic. :sad2:
These little fried to perfection spring rolls are that GOOD 👍
Okay! Okay! :laughing:
I laugh every time I am flying around those curves!
:laughing:

Your HS evening sounds pretty perfect indeed. You even got vip bus treatment to start it off 😂
I loved MMRR and I wasn’t sure I would as the GMR held such a special spot in my heart but it is so much fun. We laughed the whole time in there. Mama Melrose’s is our go to place for dinner in HS and as a lover of well-done (some may say burnt) food that chicken parmigiana looks perfect to me :rotfl: :thumbsup2Truth be told I usually end up with a flatbread but my son really enjoys their steak. We haven’t seen fantasmic in so long the 16 year old can’t remember it so we will definitely be doing it if/when we ever get back to WDW. Your photos are amazing!

Once we arrive we rode this right away! I love the nod to the GMR! Andi and I loved the old DHS with the Backlot tour and GMR! We were bitter at first :( but now, we really enjoy all the new additions to the park, and we have all our memories of the old attractions.:love:
I feel the same way but always try to remember there is no growth without change.
We were pilots and a family of four was in the ship with us. They did not speak English and it was a riot listening to them behind us, maybe swearing at us?? :rotfl:
Pilots would be fun!
We went in to the seating area around 7:45. We had center seats about 1/2 way up. Really Good seats. We just had ice water. We were still to full from supper to get any popcorn or snacks!

The show as excellent we loved it! It had been at least 4-5 years since I had been and Donna’s first time. I loved the new floats and Steamboat Willie as the captain of the boat at the end!

The story is very good and Mickey is my hero! He is amazing in the show! :smickey:
I am debating seeing Fantasmic. It hasn't been my favourite but the scenes might make it worthwhile.

Great update! Glad Mama Melrose was good for you. We ate there this past summer and I had that steak too. It was really good for me also! This place had a few rough years I think, but I've seen a lot of good reviews recently!

So nice to take the boat to MK int the morning! I always laugh at all the turkey dogs at 10AM as well. That is funny that you had a guest for your snack, I think people not from MN are just much more outgoing :laughing: I never get my picture from 7DMT either, bummer! I still need to try those spring rolls, I never seem to be on that side of the park when I'm hungry! Omg the kid on the boat:scared1: Wow that is some impressive towel art!

I have yet to try Mama Melrose, it looks really good. Steak with Alfredo? Sold! Glad you enjoyed Fantasmic, all the changes are great. I do wish it was easier to slip in and out right before though, without having to wait so much!

He almost looks like an inflatable.
He does! I haven’t seen him out in a long time. I remember meeting him and Mr. Incredible in what is Launch Bay now. We met quite a few characters in there years ago.
I never noticed that! Nice
This was the first time I was able to get a picture of the nod to GMR
did too. Such a shame that it's gone.
We loved those old attractions! Some of our favorites
I've had some good meals there
I think this was my 3rd time here and I have always enjoyed it. Once we had a neglectful waiter otherwise good 👍
Yeah, that's way too dark. Nope. Take it back, please. And change the oil. It's time.
It was but it really tasted just fine and the chicken was good, weird
Huh. That must've made it a bit... odd.
It was weird they just threw a burlap type of bag over Hondo :rotfl:
Well, maybe if she'd ridden it, she wouldn't have been full afterwards...
It probably wouldn’t be the best for her first time of ToT, spoiler I never got her on it.
Been about the same length for me... no... longer!
I forgot how much I enjoyed Fantasmic. It was wonderful
Just got all caught up. Sounds like a great time :)
I am looking forward to Fantasmic next trip.
Yay! We really had a nice trip, paced it pretty well.
Fantasmic was awesome. I’m glad you are going to check it out on your next trip.
Following along! Having fun reading about your adventures!
:welcome:And :thanks: for joining in!

Your HS evening sounds pretty perfect indeed. You even got vip bus treatment to start it off 😂
I loved MMRR and I wasn’t sure I would as the GMR held such a special spot in my heart but it is so much fun. We laughed the whole time in there. Mama Melrose’s is our go to place for dinner in HS and as a lover of well-done (some may say burnt) food that chicken parmigiana looks perfect to me :rotfl: :thumbsup2Truth be told I usually end up with a flatbread but my son really enjoys their steak. We haven’t seen fantasmic in so long the 16 year old can’t remember it so we will definitely be doing it if/when we ever get back to WDW. Your photos are amazing!
Thank you Moira! I’m surprised how much I like MMRR, I thought for sure I wouldn’t like it, being a GMR super fan and all :rotfl:
You would have loved the slightly overdone chicken parmigiana! This was the first time I tried the steak dinner (had to get my money’s worth 😆)
I’m so glad we did the Fantasmic dining package, it ended up being a great decision!

I feel the same way but always try to remember there is no growth without change.
I know! My whole nursing career is change with growth! I am getting older now and change can be hard at times but I agree!
Pilots would be fun!
It really is the best position on this ride.
I am debating seeing Fantasmic. It hasn't been my favourite but the scenes might make it worthwhile
I was surprised how much I loved it. I forgot how good it is!

Great update! Glad Mama Melrose was good for you. We ate there this past summer and I had that steak too. It was really good for me also! This place had a few rough years I think, but I've seen a lot of good reviews recently!
Thank you John! I really liked the steak dinner at MM! It helped make the price of the Fantasmic dining package worth it!
The way the lobby area was, I thought our meal would be hectic but it really was nicely paced with good food!

So nice to take the boat to MK int the morning! I always laugh at all the turkey dogs at 10AM as well. That is funny that you had a guest for your snack, I think people not from MN are just much more outgoing :laughing: I never get my picture from 7DMT either, bummer! I still need to try those spring rolls, I never seem to be on that side of the park when I'm hungry! Omg the kid on the boat:scared1: Wow that is some impressive towel art!

I have yet to try Mama Melrose, it looks really good. Steak with Alfredo? Sold! Glad you enjoyed Fantasmic, all the changes are great. I do wish it was easier to slip in and out right before though, without having to wait so much!
I love the boat ride except when children are almost falling off the boat :sad2:
We had a great morning at MK. It was funny how the lady from Jersey came to sit with us. :rotfl:
I’m not sure why I never get certain ride photos. I know I can email Disney and have them track down the pictures but I really have so many from the years it isn’t a big deal.
I think you need to give MM a try. I think as a solo traveler you could come in right before Fantasmic starts and get a decent seat.

Where’s Mando?

Today was Wednesday 4/19/23.

I purchased Genie + and paid for the fancy ride Rise. This was scheduled for around 1200 pm.

We did not have any dining reservations for today. We had a reservation for the treats and seats dessert party at MK for HEA. Our parks today included HS & MK

We ate a banana, yogurt, and cookie before going to HS. We also said Hi 👋 to old man nutter (our resident squirrel) and Mr. & Mrs. Limp along (our husband and wife duck friends), wife had a limp. We loved our little misfits! :rotfl:

I didn’t write about the bus today so maybe we had to wait a little longer than usual. We had really become bus snobs 😆

I think we got into the park around 9:00 am. Our first Genie+ was for MMRR. Donna loved this ride and she told me she couldn’t really remember the GMR, what?? How lame 😒 I did forgive her because she is my sister and travel partner! Just barely forgave her!

I really think the Chinese theater is looking run down in the first part of the line before the pre show! For as long as it took Disney to open this attraction, they really could have improved this part of the queue! It is just so unDisney to me! The carpet is gross and the old fashioned wallpaper looks terrible. This is the area where LL merges with standby lane! Ugly! :sad2:

I really like the pre show “nothing can stop us now” It was a wonderful ride once again.
IMG_2023-6-8-190259.jpg

We had Genie+ for TSMM, this ride is still one of my all time favorites. Donna loves it and her score was better than mine!
IMG_2023-6-8-190345.jpg

We did Aliens with Genie+ right after. I like this ride. The music is cool and the quirkiness of it is appealing to me!

We decided to head over to one of my favorite lounges in all of WDW, Baseline Taphouse. I did notice the prices have gone up some but overall it is still a good deal!
IMG_2023-6-8-190437.jpg
Donna got us a table and I went in and ordered our food and drinks. I got the charcuterie board, soft pretzel with beer cheese, and 2 beers that taste like Stella.
IMG_2023-6-8-190556.jpg
Everything was delicious. I noticed they don’t give you the almonds anymore on the charcuterie board.
IMG_2023-6-8-190649.jpg
The pretzel was fresh and the beer cheese is yummy.

I highly recommend taking a break at this lounge. It is consistent and well worth the cost 💲

We finished up our light lunch and headed into SWGE.

It was time to ride Rise. This is another attraction I never get tired of. I love it! Our wait was very minimal with the fancy ride purchase! I think it was $18.00 per person. This was the first trip I paid more than $15.00 for it. I still think it is worth it.
IMG_2023-6-8-190745.jpg
IMG_2023-6-8-190938.jpg
Here we are enjoying the ride!
IMG_2023-6-8-190838.jpg

IMG_2023-6-8-191022.jpg

After keeping our secret safe from the first order, we headed out to find Mando. “This is the way” well, apparently not we did not have any luck finding him today. We hung around the market place for awhile and nothing.

I guess Mando and Grogu were saving the planet somewhere else this afternoon.

I did get to see my favorite droid working tirelessly roasting the meat for the Ronto wraps! I love this dude! I send a picture of him every trip to my son Jack. He must have a million pictures of him.
IMG_2023-6-8-191106.jpg

We decided to head out after filling up our popcorn bucket to take a little break at the resort.

Stay tuned for a wonderful evening at MK…and yes I was stacking the Genie 🧞‍♂️ all this time for MK.

Part 2 coming up. “HEA made me cry, I thought only Wishes could do that”

You really know how to make Genie + work out!
You and I share the same taste in rides and lounges. Love Baseline Taphouse- perfect place to relax and watch the world go by while enjoying some food and drink 😋
I’m looking forward to hearing all about MK especially Seats and Treats as I’ve never done any dessert party but I always think I’d like to do now I’ll know if I’d really like it.

Where’s Mando?

I purchased Genie + and paid for the fancy ride Rise. This was scheduled for around 1200 pm.

We did not have any dining reservations for today. We had a reservation for the treats and seats dessert party at MK for HEA. Our parks today included HS & MK

We ate a banana, yogurt, and cookie before going to HS. We also said Hi 👋 to old man nutter (our resident squirrel) and Mr. & Mrs. Limp along (our husband and wife duck friends), wife had a limp. We loved our little misfits! :rotfl:

I didn’t write about the bus today so maybe we had to wait a little longer than usual. We had really become bus snobs 😆

I think we got into the park around 9:00 am. Our first Genie+ was for MMRR. Donna loved this ride and she told me she couldn’t really remember the GMR, what?? How lame 😒 I did forgive her because she is my sister and travel partner! Just barely forgave her!

I really think the Chinese theater is looking run down in the first part of the line before the pre show! For as long as it took Disney to open this attraction, they really could have improved this part of the queue! It is just so unDisney to me! The carpet is gross and the old fashioned wallpaper looks terrible. This is the area where LL merges with standby lane! Ugly! :sad2:

I really like the pre show “nothing can stop us now” It was a wonderful ride once again.
View attachment 766255

We had Genie+ for TSMM, this ride is still one of my all time favorites. Donna loves it and her score was better than mine!
View attachment 766256

We did Aliens with Genie+ right after. I like this ride. The music is cool and the quirkiness of it is appealing to me!

We decided to head over to one of my favorite lounges in all of WDW, Baseline Taphouse. I did notice the prices have gone up some but overall it is still a good deal!
View attachment 766250
Donna got us a table and I went in and ordered our food and drinks. I got the charcuterie board, soft pretzel with beer cheese, and 2 beers that taste like Stella.
View attachment 766252
Everything was delicious. I noticed they don’t give you the almonds anymore on the charcuterie board.
View attachment 766249

I highly recommend taking a break at this lounge. It is consistent and well worth the cost 💲

It was time to ride Rise. This is another attraction I never get tired of. I love it! Our wait was very minimal with the fancy ride purchase! I think it was $18.00 per person. This was the first trip I paid more than $15.00 for it. I still think it is worth it.
View attachment 766254
View attachment 766253
View attachment 766248

View attachment 766251

After keeping our secret safe from the first order, we headed out to find Mando. “This is the way” well, apparently not we did not have any luck finding him today. We hung around the market place for awhile and nothing.

I did get to see my favorite droid working tirelessly roasting the meat for the Ronto wraps! I love this dude! I send a picture of him every trip to my son Jack. He must have a million pictures of him.
View attachment 766257

We decided to head out after filling up our popcorn bucket to take a little break at the resort.

Stay tuned for a wonderful evening at MK…and yes I was stacking the Genie 🧞‍♂️ all this time for MK.

Well, I`ve never heard of that place with the Charcuterie, which is one of our favourite things to eat, and it did look good.

I like no almonds on dishes, I don`t have an allergy, just don`t care for them, but that looked lovely.

Nice pictures of the ride though.

I know! My whole nursing career is change with growth! I am getting older now and change can be hard at times but I agree!
Same here with the education field.....with the "Right to Read" report coming out, we completely changed our reading program with more emphasis on phonics and phonological awareness. It's always interesting to hear the new research and best practices. I know we have both seen a lot of change as "seasoned" staff. :)
I cannot wait to hear about this!
Haha! How could she forget the Alien???
I love it too but I am SO bad at it!
Myfavourite! Yummy!
Oh it does make me cry.......the first time I saw it in 2017 I bawled throughout, it just hit me in the feels, lol! And I adored Wishes so much, I have a tattoo on my left wrist from the show "Just Believe."

Well, I`ve never heard of that place with the Charcuterie, which is one of our favourite things to eat, and it did look good.

I like no almonds on dishes, I don`t have an allergy, just don`t care for them, but that looked lovely.

Nice pictures of the ride though.
Carole I will say while I didn’t go there as I was building my lightsaber, my parents LOVED it and I think it’s something you and Tom would enjoy!

Where’s Mando?

View attachment 766255

View attachment 766256

View attachment 766250
View attachment 766252
View attachment 766249

View attachment 766254
View attachment 766253
View attachment 766248

View attachment 766251

View attachment 766257

Agreed on paying for ROTR. Maybe the only ride I’d pay extra for (is get genie plus for DHS as a whole but definitely Would pay for ROTR).

I will definitely be the weirdo looking for Mando and Grogu lol.

HEA made me SOB in 2019 I can’t wait to see it again (didn’t get the chance in 2021)! I also need to see Fantasmic again with the changes!

We had a reservation for the treats and seats dessert party at MK for HEA.
Nice!
We also said Hi 👋 to old man nutter (our resident squirrel)
:rotfl:
Mr. & Mrs. Limp along (our husband and wife duck friends), wife had a limp. We loved our little misfits! :rotfl:
You’ve got a whole menagerie going there!
Donna loved this ride and she told me she couldn’t really remember the GMR, what?? How lame 😒 I did forgive her because she is my sister and travel partner! Just barely forgave her!
You’re more forgiving than me! How could you forget GMR??
Huh. I didn’t notice… and maybe that’s because it just wasn’t memorable.
I really like the pre show
I love the “exploding” screen. Was so surprised by that the first time.
got the charcuterie board,
That looks good!
Nice shot of you ladies. :)
They have a very busy schedule.
But nice picture of you. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter