• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I’m over thinking. Help.

katyringo

DIS Veteran
Help me decide!!!

A basic room at best wester park place. Be super close to the park. but only 2 double beds. $1500

OR

A suite at castle inn, but looks like a tad longer walk. Same price as the basic best western room.

OR

Basic room at castle inn, longer walk, but save about $400. $1100

OR

Spend $200 more and get the bigger room at best western. $1700

We are going for a week and there is 2 adults and 7 and a 3 year old so I am worried just two beds may get tight after the first few days.

We’ve stayed at hojo and Anaheim hotel before so we are okay with a bit of a walk. How much further is castle inn? We would love to stay at hojo again, but they are getting a bit expensive for us.

Castle inn is a similar walk to Hojo’s so still pretty close. You could also look at Family rooms at Desert Inn and Suites which is closer than Castle and just a couple of minutes further than BWPPI.
All the best

Of those options, I'd go with the suite at Castle Inn if money was a stresser. If money isn't a big issue, I'd get the bigger room at BWPPI. With a 3 yo and a 7 yo, being that close is going to be worth a lot.

We went with the big room at best western. I was trying to save money becuse I felt like that’s what your suppose to do.. haha but really we have the money to get the closer and bigger room so why not.

The double bed would not be comfortable for two adults for a week. Castle Inn isn't that far, but I haven't stayed there to know if it is nice. Have you looked into the family suites at Tropicana?

You'll be happy there, clean comfortable, well rated and free hot breakfast. Plus you can’t get closer. Do avoid the Captain Kidd’s Buffet out the front though, close to the worst restaurant in Anaheim.
All the best.

... Do avoid the Captain Kidd’s Buffet out the front though, close to the worst restaurant in Anaheim...
It was actually the lucky winner of "Worst Restaurant in Orange County" one year! Winner, Winner, Don't Eat Dinner: The Worst Restaurant ... - OC Weeklyhttps://ocweekly.com › Food & Drink

OP: Breathe! Remember, you're going to DLR for a vacation, not to punish yourself. ;) Of course, you don't want to be profligate or ridiculous, but there isn't any prize on this board for being "Most Abstemious DISer" either. You'll be celebrating a birthday and making wonderful memories with your family -- that's worth some investment, right?

Congratulations, OP! I think you made a good choice. My family of 5 stayed there and we loved the location. I thought the room we had (the larger one) was great for us and I think you'll be very happy with choosing the shorter walk. Castle Inn is a distance for little ones (and tired parents). I've read great things about the newer Courtyard Marriott, but holy moly, the price is a killer! But if you have points or something, that one sounds nice with the water park, larger rooms and 2 bathrooms. However, for me, I'd rather stay in a regular room on site; cost is about the same, I think.

BWPPI for sure! So glad that is what you went with, I was ready to even recommend the smaller room at BWPPI if you had to. That short walk is everything (as the kids say) and just like azdisneylover said, your feet will thank you. We have stayed at HOJO, Desert Inn, Grand Californian and BWPPI with our 3 kids, and actually did BWPPI with 3 adults and 3 kids. BWPPI hands down! Unless we have some dough for whatever reason.:rotfl2: The breakfast is a free breakfast, you make the best of it. Still beats Desert Inn's free bfast. :thumbsup2

Have a fantastic trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter