I actually didn't mind the pool hop ban last week

TheWho

DIS Veteran'
When I read a couple weeks ago that pool hopping was prohibited most of the 4th of July week, I was bummed since this was the week I booked 10 months ago. However, it actually protected my interests at BW. I was wrong to be totally upset. At the Luna pool, there were white fence barriers set around the pool except for two entrances. At each entrance, a CM checking resort ID's. The one kid was actually pretty thorough. I saw him turning people away after some discussion. When you think about it, it's a black and white issue, do you have a BW resort ID with a correct date or not? I think this kept the pool real manageable and not real crowded. I had no trouble getting a chair, ordering from the pool bar, or the wait on the slide. True, I couldn't go to SAB, but I appreciated not fighting crowds back at my resort pool after a morning in the parks.

Just thought I'd offer a positive side to the pool hop ban. I know it has been, and will continue to be, a hot topic for discussion.

Dave

;) :D ;)

Point well taken.

I'm glad you had a good time despite
the restrictions.
I agree that sometimes they are necessary
to ensure that everyone enjoys their experience
at the various hotels & resorts.

My feeling is that pool hopping is a privilege
but not an unlimited privilege, so restrictions
during peak times makes sense.

Thanks,
- NYTIGGR

Hopefully the CM's will continue to check IDs all year round to ensure fairness to all!!!

Huray! I have never quite gotten the pool hop thing anyway. I wish they would check more at OKW to keep the people not even staying anywere at Disney from using the pool there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter