• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I already cheated the system once can I do it again thank

If it’s such common practice why am I just learning about it 20 days out so is this like adult child swap not that I am trying to make light of it

Nothing like swap.

When you book a FP+ you have an entire hour to use it.

If your travel mates have times within that hour all you have to do is enter together ...
after the latest FP+ starts but before the earliest FP+ ends.

It is not cheating, it just means you have to watch the clock closer to go together.

You'll have way more fun all sitting together in a row, enjoy!

If it’s such common practice why am I just learning about it 20 days out so is this like adult child swap not that I am trying to make light of it

I think you are not quite following how FP works. Each person with an FP has a 1 hour window during which they can enter the FP queue. You are scanned as you enter, but as long as any individual is within their hour then you are good to go. There is no need to worry about which order you are in or anything else. You're all good. The system is designed to work this way.

Now, if you are looking to use child swap, then that is a different thing altogether. It is only necessary if there is a child in your party who is below the minimum height requirement. There are some specific rules to using it together with FP+ but I don't know the specifics.

I think you are not quite following how FP works. Each person with an FP has a 1 hour window during which they can enter the FP queue. You are scanned as you enter, but as long as any individual is within their hour then you are good to go. There is no need to worry about which order you are in or anything else. You're all good. The system is designed to work this way.

Now, if you are looking to use child swap, then that is a different thing altogether. It is only necessary if there is a child in your party who is below the minimum height requirement. There are some specific rules to using it together with FP+ but I don't know the specifics.

Nope no children in the party nothing against them we just don’t have any

There is nothing that says you have to or are supposed to make an FP for each person in your party for the same time. You can make the same FP for 3 people and make a FP for a different ride for 1 person. You can make them however you want, at any time you want, just one person can't have more than 3 at a time. FP are good for an hour, if you go in together at 5:20 or 5:25 or anytime between then and 6:10, you can go in whatever order you want. 2 can go at 5:25 and ride, and the other 2 can go at 6:05 and ride, it doesn't matter.

Because I said we where four single riders as opposed to a group of four

There is nothing remotely close to cheating in doing it this way.

This has nothing to do with rider switch.

I actually had thought of making single FP reservations for my group of 5, thinking that it would be easier to get overlapping ones, than one block of 5. Am I correct for future trips?

I actually had thought of making single FP reservations for my group of 5, thinking that it would be easier to get overlapping ones, than one block of 5. Am I correct for future trips?

We find this to be true for us a lot when traveling with more than our normal 4 in our family. I just make sure to keep a note card with me with the times on there in case MDE goes down during the day or my phone dies - that way I make sure and get us all to the right place on time.

You probably want to read about FP. Sounds like you aren't understanding how the work at all. Better learn
That doesn't matter for making FP reservations. There is no actual "Single Rider" queue for FOP (well, there is but it is not currently in use due the the sheer popularity of the ride). Breaking up parties to get overlapping times is a common practice.
For the record, they have completely removed the single rider line from FoP. It no longer exists. Not covered, gone. It simply doesn't work on the ride. Think like ToT

You probably want to read about FP. Sounds like you aren't understanding how the work at all. Better learn

For the record, they have completely removed the single rider line from FoP. It no longer exists. Not covered, gone. It simply doesn't work on the ride. Think like ToT

Ah, I did not know that. I couldn't see it working that well for that ride anyway and was surprised they ever built one.

It just depends. I would look for 5 first and if you can't find 5 together, start breaking your group up and searching for smaller numbers. This was a really popular strategy when Anna and Elsa were in MK and the FP+ were impossible to get. This was how we got them for our family of 3. By the time I had all, single FP+ booked, we had a half hour window when we could all enter together. I haven't experienced that with FOP. We were able to get the same time for our entire party for that ride.

That doesn't matter for making FP reservations. There is no actual "Single Rider" queue for FOP (well, there is but it is not currently in use due the the sheer popularity of the ride). Breaking up parties to get overlapping times is a common practice.

I’m actually not sure that’s accurate. They may be testing it now that’s it’s slow season. When we were waiting to go into the pre-show rooms today, someone walked up an empty lane and the CM said “single rider?” and put him right into a room. The wait at around 3pm today was 100 minutes.

Tink you did not cheat the system at all by making 4 separate Fastpasses.
Also your times overlap so EVERYONE should walk into the line at 5:20pm and you can all ride together.
No need to switch your band with anyone although that too is not cheating the system if everyone is already in the park.

I’m actually not sure that’s accurate. They may be testing it now that’s it’s slow season. When we were waiting to go into the pre-show rooms today, someone walked up an empty lane and the CM said “single rider?” and put him right into a room. The wait at around 3pm today was 100 minutes.
Asking for Single Riders is not the same as a Single Rider line, with a separate entrance.
They will, and do, ask for Single Riders, all the time, no matter how busy they are.
There is no Single Rider entrance

They just do that when they have a signle slot left. They do the same on many rides whenever there are not enough spaces left for the next party. So, if there are 3 seats, and the next group is 4, they will take the next party of 2 and then 1. This only lets the single rider on slightly faster.

Asking for Single Riders is not the same as a Single Rider line, with a separate entrance.
They will, and do, ask for Single Riders, all the time, no matter how busy they are.
There is no Single Rider entrance

Agreed. We’ve all experienced that. The CM had just finished asking for a party of two and grabbed a couple a few groups back. This guy was in his own lane by himself waiting for the ride. I don’t know if that was the CM further back sorting it and creating a single rider lane or what, but he was definitely put in his own category and was not in the same line as everyone else. How he entered, I don’t know.

Agreed. We’ve all experienced that. The CM had just finished asking for a party of two and grabbed a couple a few groups back. This guy was in his own lane by himself waiting for the ride. I don’t know if that was the CM further back sorting it and creating a single rider lane or what, but he was definitely put in his own category and was not in the same line as everyone else. How he entered, I don’t know.
Yes, they will send single riders down their own lane. I've seen them do it many times. Still not a Single Rider entrance. Those guests waited in the regular stand by line, to reach the sorting point, or entered via FP line.

I have experienced the single rider lane many times. Sometimes I have gotten on quickly after walking up. Other times I had to wait a couple rounds because they could fill the entire room. It just depends. Many times I have been lucky with this though. I have gotten the "center" of the room (#8 or #9) than the edge (#1 or #16) more often in the single rider line than when I have gone with other people. I find this ride to be much more enjoyable the more center you are in the theater.

How I got into that lane...I either waited in the stand-by queue or the fastpass queue up until the loading area lanes. The CM then tells me to go down a different lane than other people. I forget what number lanes they are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter