• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I am absolutely devastated and it could have been avoided

2 days of perseverance. I spent over 28 hours between today and yesterday dialing, talking to agents, and on hold. But behold.

View attachment 611404

(if people want a summary of some important information I learned about this process, I posted it in this thread. Notably: DVC has the wrong info.)
YAY!!!!! PIXIE DUST, GENIE WISHES AND ALL THAT GREAT STUFF!!! So, so glad you got it! I wish nothing but the very best of times/experience for you all and hope that it's the best of the very best of what you/your husband can imagine <3 Prayers and fantastic thoughts for you all <3

I know there is nothing anyone here can do to help me, I am just incredibly upset and need to express my grief to a community on the internet who might understand. (And frankly I am procrastinating from having to go break my dying husband's heart.)

I'm a DVC member. My husband is the biggest star wars fan. We met at a science fiction convention at a live action roleplaying event (you know, live action roleplaying like is at the Starcruiser). He showed me his Star Wars collection on our first date. He proposed to me at Disney World.

He is also dying of pancreatic cancer. He's not expected to make it to the end of 2022, and if he does he's very unlikely to be able to participate in events like this by then. The thing he wants to do more than anything else before he dies is go to the Galactic Starcruiser. I started saving as soon as we heard about it. I've been checking the page every single day to find out when reservations start.

When we saw DVC members could reserve early, we were so happy that it meant we would probably be able to book a reservation for a time period when he was still well enough to enjoy it.

Then *today* they finally share the information that it has to be booked all with points. If we had known this a while ago, we could have banked enough points that it would probably be enough for one person. If the 50% borrowing limit wasn't in place we probably could borrow enough to make it work. I spent the last 4 hours waiting on hold so I could talk first to DVC, and then to Disney reservations trying to see if there was anything that could be done.
No, we won't be able to borrow the amount of points we could borrow under normal circumstances.
No, it won't help that I'm willing to buy an annual pass right now because it has to be activated at the park before you can reserve the Starcruiser with it. (We don't live in Florida.)

If Disney had shared the correct information even a couple days ago, I probably could have rented enough points from someone to make this work. I would have considered driving to Florida and back to activate an annual pass, that is how much this means to him. But even if everything doesn't sell out tomorrow, the booking window is only 2 days long and we only learned now.

Now I have to go into the other room and tell my husband that Disney only gave us half the information before now, and we probably won't be able to get him in before he dies after all.

I was never expecting anyone to make any exceptions for our personal situation, but if Disney had just provided timely information we could have done this all completely within the rules. But they didn't. And the worst part is I know they don't even care.

Thank you for letting me vent here.
I would call DVC and ask to speak to a manager, tell them what happened just as you explained to us. How can you treat loyal DVC owners like second class citizens when we are so loyal to the Disney Brand, How can I make this happen, who do I need to call, can you have someone who can help call me back? etc. you can still come to Disney and go on the star wars rides, and get a disability pass, so no line waiting.

I would call DVC and ask to speak to a manager, tell them what happened just as you explained to us. How can you treat loyal DVC owners like second class citizens when we are so loyal to the Disney Brand, How can I make this happen, who do I need to call, can you have someone who can help call me back? etc. you can still come to Disney and go on the star wars rides, and get a disability pass, so no line waiting.
This has already been resolved. OP explained it in this thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter