I am cheap, I know

Status
Not open for further replies.

opsomyo

Earning My Ears
DD5 (now 6) & I sailed on wonder in July. We are all going in LESS THAN 2 WEEKS! DH & DD3 included. We are doing the 7 day land/sea. I read on the other board about people bringing their refillable mugs to the resort from previous trips, Can you do this on the Wonder like the resorts? We are planning on buying 2 but saving the $15 & only buying one would be nice if we could bring the old one? Anyone else ever do this? It is just a white mug with the ship on it & a blue lid. Thanks for any info, trying to cut any expences as possible!

I think the closer the trip gets, the more excited my little green jumping guys look!

Hi Opsomyo!!!
Glad to see you around again, and I cant believe your next trip is almost here! Wow that came fast.
As for the mugs, on the ship I believe they are sold at a price of $5.00/day of the cruise($15.00-3 day cruise, etc...) and therefore are only usable on the cruise they are bought on. Im sure some people have brought them back on return trips, and may have even been able to use them, so use your own judgement. We actually brought a few cans of diet coke with us on our last cruise. Usually I couldnt be bothered doing that, but we had some leftover from our stay at the Poly and I have to say, bringing the cans worked well for us. That is another option to save some money.
As for the resorts, thats a whole different debate, LOL! After being told our mugs were good for life, when we bought them(2x) and then hearing the opposite, we inquired to WDW about this policy. We were told the "official official"(said sarcastically) policy is that they are only good for the length of stay, however the resorts have made up their own rules and if a guest has a mug, it will be refilled. Again, take that for what its worth.:rolleyes: :)
Have a great trip!!!!

If you want to save a little $ bring a six pack of Diet Coke or whatever you drink. It has been a big debate here about if the refillable mugs could be used again. Most agree they are purchased to be used for the length of your cruise. We never thought they were a good deal for us. We always bring some drinks with us. This last time I ordered baskets from The Perfect Gift and had some drinks included in them so we didn't have to bring them with us. :jester: There was ice already in our ice bucket when we got to the room so we put a couple of the drinks in there to get cold while we went to the lifeboat drill.

...because I won't let DD drink soda since it's not included! Well, we don't drink it much anyway, but I won't pay for it when there are other beverage choices that she can make that don't cost a cent. She will not be thrilled, but she can have soda with her meals and that should be sufficient. (I hope.)

Hey, I don't think you are being cheap!!!
( Wouldn't be on a DCL cruise if you were!! )

What does a few ounces of soft drink syrup cost DCL anyway?

I say take your cup, and if there is not a problem, enjoy!! :D

OKAY everyone - NO FLAMES on this please! I am having a good hair day, and the heat reallly frizzies it BAD!!!

Our first cruise in 99, I remember unlimited soda. What types of drinks are included without buying the mug? I take it you may have soda w/dinner? Do they still give you water & soda in your cabin to buy? What is the going rate for can of soda in your cabin?
Knowing Disney its $3.00... lol!!
Thanks in advance!!
Ethelina:smooth:

Hola,

i saw people filling all kinds of beverage containers at the BC. I also brought the wrong mug to one of the bars on the Wonder (both my BC and Wonder mugs were yellow oops) and she filled it for me anyway.........

The mug deal is fairly expensive and IMHO they should just include it in the price of the cruise. However, they don't and if you "re-use" mugs you are stealing. Period.

Bring a case of Walmart soda if you are that cheap.

Please tell me...why does the mug question always seem to raise so much controversy? In all honesty...by sailing with Disney you are probably paying at least $200.00 more per person than on any of the other cruise lines...this is just the fact. To be honest with you...we are cruising on the Magic on 11/30 Eastern swing...and yes...we are bringing our mugs from last year...if they won't fill them with soda( and we hardly used them last year) we will use them on Deck 9 beverage bar...ice tea...punch...water...lemonade...coffee....and if they do happen to give me a soda in my mug from last year...I will tip the server that gave it to me...I guess that will make my guilt go away....stop thief!(forgive me...I couldn"t resist)
Tom
26 days to the Magic:bounce: :earsboy: :Pinkbounc

I AM NOT A THIEF!
TEHEEHEEE!

I am asking because some of the resorts seem to honor old mugs.
If this were the case, then would DCL?
KLDSQ- It is not like I am sneakin around trying to fit another person in my luggage! I thought this was what the board was for. I will just call DCL & ask if it is that big of a @#%$* Deal! Pardon my french. By the way, yes I am cheap, I shop at garage sales, never pay full price for anything, buy most of my clothes out of season, plan my dinners on the weekly sale paper etc.
In order to make this trip possible, my DH & I won't exchange Christmas or birthday gifts, I have been out of mascara & blush for 2 weeks (thanks to my 3 yr old & my leaving it out!) etc etc etc. I have a VERY ill child with a very rare incurable disorder. She has more & more brain damage done every minute. I don't care what you have been through, you have NO IDEA what my kids have dealt with over the last 20 months. Cancer isn't fun in the first place but when it does terrible things to your baby, you decide to take some risks ( like taking them to Disney when you really can't afford it) Being that she hasn't eaten in 3 days & can't lift her head off the couch because she has such a bad headach from the infusion of other peoples antibodies in her on friday, Hot on the heals of a spinal tap which gave her a spinal headache & muscle spasms in her neck so bad they put her on valium & torodol & stuck her in the hospital for the 30th or so time, I am just hoping she is up in time to go! There are ways to say thing & then there are WAYS to say things, thanks for your input!

I don't lie cheat or steal or do anything that might cause more bad things to happen to my family, so screw the sodas - I'll have a Margaritta!

Thanks to every one else

opsomyo - YOU GO GIRL!

Have a great cruise and don't sweat the mugs.

KLDESQ - all I can say is please make sure you are not living in a glass house. Hope you've never refilled a soda at McDonald's or taken any office supplies from work. And while you are entitled to your opinion, your response was overkill.

YOU GO GIRL!!!

We won't be buying cruise mugs, but we have bought mugs from the different resorts and we were also told (by CM's) that we could use them on return trips to that resort. I say use them!
Have a great trip!!!

This is a no brainer. Unlike the resort mugs, the DCL mugs are sold at different prices depending on the length of the cruise. This clearly means that they are intended to be used for a single cruise (unlike the single price charged at the WDW resorts, where one can continue to argue about bringing them back and using them again). It comes down to a basic question of honesty having these facts. Some people will do anything to "beat the system" and feel comfortable with that (or that they are owed it). Others try to play by the system's rules. Which category one fits into seems to be an individual choice.

Okay, enough on this topic, it does seem to always turn into a debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter