• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I am getting a mini cooper! Now help me pick out stripes.

It is a base model (non-S) Mini. I just think it is a little too plain.

$_86.JPG

Sweet!! Love the wheels. Since it's a drop top, you wouldn't be able to carry the stripes up and over the roof. So for me, and it's just my personal taste, you could get away with either style. If it was a coupe, I'd say the larger stripes close together look better when they're carried up and over the roof. I'd still go with the silver/grey, and throw a set of those driving lights on.

Enjoy your mini! My daughter had a green one with wide white stripes. She loved it but when she and her husband moved to Montana, she got a jeep. Just don't get white wheels - she had a horrible time keeping them clean.

Enjoy your mini! My daughter had a green one with wide white stripes. She loved it but when she and her husband moved to Montana, she got a jeep. Just don't get white wheels - she had a horrible time keeping them clean.

My kids are now old enough (2 in college and 1 high schooler) that I don't need to worry about fitting them all in everywhere I go, and worrying about the 2 doors. Since having kids, all my cars have been at 4 doors, and roomy. It will be fun to drive a car that isn't as practical! hahaha!

I like the blue stripes also, but blue is my favorite color! I have a 2015 Countryman I bought used in May 2017. I truly love this car! Cars have always been more about convenience for me, not looks, I think I have the cutest car on the planet now!
Unfortunately, I was rear ended 3 weeks ago and it's in the shop. I might get it back tomorrow!

I like the blue stripes also, but blue is my favorite color! I have a 2015 Countryman I bought used in May 2017. I truly love this car! Cars have always been more about convenience for me, not looks, I think I have the cutest car on the planet now!
Unfortunately, I was rear ended 3 weeks ago and it's in the shop. I might get it back tomorrow!

ME TOO! I remember car shopping 2 years ago and being so underwhelmed. I finally told my husband, "Just pick something, if I can't get a mini, I really don't care, they all seem the same to me." He picked my Prius. It is an ok car, utilitarian-ly speaking! LOL!

But the Mini was a "WOW! I am in love" feeling.

I like the one with the blue.

CONGRATS on your MINI. We have had 3, went to other vehicles, and are ready to get back into the MINI world.

I like the blue stripes - they make me think of Tron. :)

A vote for the white. And congrats on your Mini! Enjoy! It's adorable! --from the owner of an adorable Fiat--

Miffy, which Fiat do you have? I have a 500L that I just love.

I like the one with the blue.

CONGRATS on your MINI. We have had 3, went to other vehicles, and are ready to get back into the MINI world.

I have a feeling this is my gateway car and I won't be going back to anything else!

Ok, long story short, I posted about 3 years ago about how I really, really wanted a mini and my husband was concerned about the reliability, etc....and he said we should get a reliable car and get a Mini later, as a fun car, while we have others to drive if need be.

Well, my time has come. A close friend is selling hers, we know they take excellent care of their cars, we know the history, and it has not had any issues. And they are selling it to us for the trade in value! YAY!

On to the purpose of this thread
.....It is a solid black, and I think it is too plain. We are getting stripes on it.....which do you like best? I can't decide.

White
Gray
Gray with black pinstripes
Multicolor with blue

PS: the purpose of this thread is NOT to explain why YOU wouldn't get a mini and why you think I shouldn't get one.

View attachment 340460 View attachment 340461 View attachment 340462

I’ve always loved mini-coopers! They are so cute!

I like the gray strip. The other two look too blah.

I love cars. If I ever hit the lottery for really big $$$$$$$$$$ I would be another Jay Leno.

Good luck and have lots of fun driving your mini!

OP, is it possible to do the style of the blue but in a different color? I really like the blue, but that style would look good in other colors too.

OP, is it possible to do the style of the blue but in a different color? I really like the blue, but that style would look good in other colors too.

I haven't really checked all the options, just started looking at the more common ones. There is one that is a thick gray and then pin stripe gray on each side where the blue would be. It is very classy looking, but I am trying to think of classy vs. fun.....

I haven't really checked all the options, just started looking at the more common ones. There is one that is a thick gray and then pin stripe gray on each side where the blue would be. It is very classy looking, but I am trying to think of classy vs. fun.....

Well you said it was your fun car :cool1:

I think the black on its own looks classy, I think putting stripes on it makes it look fun so you should go with stripes and all out fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter