I am giving a shout out to all the people who left threads about "What codes are".

sewallmom

Earning My Ears
I was just able to book 4 days at POR for May 2nd to the 6th for $76 anight + tx. When I called I asked if I had any discount applied to my name and she told me you sure do. The last time I stayed on Disney (go every year, but stay off site) was 2 yrs ago I stayed at Coronado Springs for 5 days. I know that then I paid $156 anight and I thought that was a good rate. I would never had known about this discount if it wasnt for DIS.

Thank You All

Only 4 weeks and 2 days until " Here we come Disney "

Sewallmom

sewallmom said:
I was just able to book 4 days at POR for May 2nd to the 6th for $76 anight + tx.
Sewallmom

That's an interesting amount. Our code for May is $79 per night, and always has been with code. Comes to $88 and change with tax. It's good to see they have opened up some more rooms for those rates.

DMRick said:
That's an interesting amount. Our code for May is $79 per night, and always has been with code. Comes to $88 and change with tax. It's good to see they have opened up some more rooms for those rates.

Sorry about that I always get my 6's and 9's mixed up. :flower:

I didn't know about these codes until I read some threads. I don't even know what the code is. Do you always keep these codes?

My friends said that I probably will get the worst room on the grounds for that price. Can I ask you since you stayed there where do you suggest I request a room. I am staying with my 4 yr old daughter and am using the buses on disney. I want to use the big pool but don't know just what section is near it.

sewallmom

have a great day :wave:

Dear Sewallmom,
I have that rate at CSR.Your friend should know that a bad room at WDW is better than a great room somewhere else! You may even get an awesome room.Sounds a little like sour grapes to me.

POR is an absolutely beautiful resort!
POR Resort Map
Magnolia Terrace in the mansion section is close to a bus stop and a short walk to the main pool, as are buildings 14 & 15 in the Bayou section.
It is my understanding that all of the rooms have recently been refurbished, or if they haven't been yet, they are undergoing refurbishment.

Would you only have a code attached to your name if you've stayed on the resort in the past?

I have a Disney visa and have spent loads of money at the Disney store and through the catalog, so I was curious if it's possible that I'd have any type of code for that reason...or if it's only if you've stayed there.

The only time I stayed on the resort was at Shades of Green and I'm not even sure my name was on the reservation.

kelleigh1 said:
Would you only have a code attached to your name if you've stayed on the resort in the past?

I have a Disney visa and have spent loads of money at the Disney store and through the catalog, so I was curious if it's possible that I'd have any type of code for that reason...or if it's only if you've stayed there.

The only time I stayed on the resort was at Shades of Green and I'm not even sure my name was on the reservation.

I never stayed at POR. I dont have a disney visa but I do buy often at disney store. I just called for the hell of it and there was a code next to my name. :rotfl:

So call and ask whats available for the dates you are interested in and then when they are looking for whats available just say "Do I still have that code in my information file for a discount" Thats what I did.

Good Luck
Sewallmom

28 days until disney :cool1:

sewallmom said:
Sorry about that I always get my 6's and 9's mixed up. :flower:

I didn't know about these codes until I read some threads. I don't even know what the code is. Do you always keep these codes?

My friends said that I probably will get the worst room on the grounds for that price. Can I ask you since you stayed there where do you suggest I request a room. I am staying with my 4 yr old daughter and am using the buses on disney. I want to use the big pool but don't know just what section is near it.

sewallmom

have a great day :wave:

I don't think you'll get the worst room. The people who assign rooms won't know what you paid. I thought the same thing when we got AKL for $94/night due to POFQ closing, but we had an awesome room!!

kelleigh1 said:

DMIL went on the Disney Magic with us last year. She used a new address since she recently moved. She hasn't been to WDW in over 30 yrs, and never stayed on property. This spring she received a postcard in the mail with a WDW discount code! At first she threw it away, not realizing how valueable it was. Thanks to that code we're saving big$$$$$$! I'm sure she won't recognize WDW since her last visit!

Going to DIS july 4 week for the first time :cool1: so excited more than the princess: princess: princess: and I havent booked a room yet going to call and see if I have a PIN.
THANK U

Could the codes be attached to anyone's name that was in your party when you went. We went last year with 3 adults and 3 kids. When we got back we received two different postcards in a few months and they were addressed to our two oldest kids.Of course we were not able to use them . We couldn't just turn around and go back. :sad2: They expired I think at the end of year. Could codes be attached to a child's name?

judykay53 said:
Could the codes be attached to anyone's name that was in your party when you went. We went last year with 3 adults and 3 kids. When we got back we received two different postcards in a few months and they were addressed to our two oldest kids.Of course we were not able to use them . We couldn't just turn around and go back. :sad2: They expired I think at the end of year. Could codes be attached to a child's name?

DD11 has received postcard discounts in the mail.

kelleigh1 - I did not stay at a WDW resort in the past an received a PIN. Guessing by the email address they had on record it was because I had requested their travel planner.

Ok, I'm reading about codes and PINs and I'm confused. We've been to WDW 3 times, the last time we stayed at the ASM resort. I just made reservations for May, 2006 at the Pop Century for a price of $111 per night (subject to change due to inflation) for next summer. Should I have inquired about a discount? Should I call now and ask or should I wait till I call and book the rest of the package?

I hate being confused :confused: :crazy:

Thanks for your help.

Absolutely call and just ask them to confirm your reservation and then while they are looking them up ask if you have a discount code under your information that you can use towards this reservation.

I did and there was and I got a pretty great deal. At least 50% off our room rate.
Good Luck ..... I'll cross my fingers for you !!

Sewallmom

21 days until Disney :Pinkbounc :banana: :bounce:

Are codes available on reservations that were made thru a local travel agency in Canada?
This is our first trip, WDW would not have our names on file unless they include the names of people who ordered the WDW planning video which I did last year. Also our reservation are paid in full to the travel agency.

o-kay...about the codes again. If you booked a Magic Your Way Package online, could you still be eligible for more discounts??
When I called a couple of days ago the CM told me I had a code from booking online that had been applied. I am not sure if he meant this was just the standard code that everbody gets when they book online OR could I have a sepcial code??
There has to be an easier way to do this!!

Hello,
I was wondering when you make the reservations if you have to ask if you have a code next to your name or do they do it on their own. My mother inlaw got a postcard in the mail with the code booked 2 rooms at the ASSp. For June 10th-14th @59. We are going June 7th-12th and planning to stay at the Beach Club. But they would not let us use her code. I would love to save some money here. :earsgirl: ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter