• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I am having the worst problems getting motivated

Jenzebelle

<font color=blue>Enrich your mind- read a banned b
I gained 5lbs last week :(

I am so stressed about DH's job and money woes and the changes happening at my work - I can't stop snacking and I don't have any energy to exercise.

I don't know how I'm going to make the next 2-6wks of not knowing about his job :( But I have got to get back on the saddle and start exercising.

{{{{Jenzebelle}}}},

It's tough when you're stressed out, isn't it? I've been there, and I know how easy it is to find comfort in food. I don't know what to tell you, except that, there have been times I've actually had to force myself to get on the treadmill . . . and to keep walking for the first five minutes. After that, momentum sort of takes over, but getting on is the toughest thing in the world, sometimes.

Maybe you could intentionally NOT buy the foods that cause you the most trouble? Might be hard to do if you have a family, but I'm not sure what other suggestion to make.

Hang in there, kiddo. This, too, shall pass. I've been telling myself that on occasion my entire life, and so far, it's always come true. It's been my experience that when one door closes, another even better door opens and a new adventure begins.

{{{hugs}}}

Pat

306 days and counting . . . again

Blah, I know just how you feel. I was VERY unmotivated, for me it wasn't anything as serious as you are worried about, just a bad case of the winter blues. :(

I think you need to just jump back on the horse, so to speak. Last week is history, but you can reverse the pounds you gained. That is the good news, those 5 lbs. aren't permanent!

Good luck, Jenz!

First of all, {{{hugs}}} to you with all that you have going on. One way to motivate yourself is to release the anxiety during your workout. You'd be surprised at how much negative energy you can get rid of during your walk or lifting weights or whatever activity you choose to do. And like snoopy said, sometimes the hardest part of working out is getting started.

Don't focus on what you gained last week. Focus on not stress eating and stress walk instead!

One more trick - if you start craving a snack - brush your teeth. It helps take cravings away.

Things will turn around - they always do. :)

{{{HUGS}}} sweetie. I'm eat when I'm stressed too :( Saturday was very tough for me.

I don't know what kind of eating plan you are following but if you are doing low carbs reach for Bakenettes when you feel like you have to have something to eat. If you are doing WW grab some fresh veggies or a nice hot cup of sugar free hot chocolate.

Or better yet, instead of eating come here to the WISH board and tell us about it. That's what we are here for...we are here to support each other.

I'm sending you a pm. Hang in there sweetie.

Katholyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter