I am panicking!!! HELP!!

tonysgal34

Mouseketeer
I have just found out from a couple of recent posts that you aren't guaranteed a section when you make a reservation at AllStarMovies??!! I had thought that I could reserve a certain building even if I couldn't reserve a room! I would've made my ressies months ago if I had known that Disney gets to pick where I stay. I'll be darned if I am going to pay the same amount as anyone else and end up way over at Love Bug or something!! Can anyone tell me is it too late for November to book a request? Am I gonna get there and be bumming?? Are the buildings as far apart as they seem in the maps?? We can only do this once, we don't want to be miles from the food court and the pool.....were hoping for 101 Dalmatians.....now I am wondering if we can get it........and when do you find out?? When you get there????? Please tell me EVERYTHING you know about this process!!

Whew! This trip planning can wreak havoc- when it's really supposed to be a VACATION from stress!! :)
So here's a site that will ease most of your anxieties- read it thoroughly and you'll have a great idea of where to go from here. Enjoy your stay and realize no one is guaranteed their requests but Disney does try to make it happen for you!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
YEAH, You're going to DISNEY!!

http://www.wdwig.com/cro1.htm

Tara

They may not promise anything but the chances of you getting what you request is very high. I have always gottne what I've requested in the past. Don't fret...

Originally posted by tonysgal34
I have just found out from a couple of recent posts that you aren't guaranteed a section when you make a reservation at AllStarMovies??!! I had thought that I could reserve a certain building even if I couldn't reserve a room! I would've made my ressies months ago if I had known that Disney gets to pick where I stay. I'll be darned if I am going to pay the same amount as anyone else and end up way over at Love Bug or something!! Can anyone tell me is it too late for November to book a request? Am I gonna get there and be bumming?? Are the buildings as far apart as they seem in the maps?? We can only do this once, we don't want to be miles from the food court and the pool.....were hoping for 101 Dalmatians.....now I am wondering if we can get it........and when do you find out?? When you get there????? Please tell me EVERYTHING you know about this process!!

I stayed at ASMo in December in Love Bug #7, it was all of less than 10 minutes to the food court and pool. The buildings are not that spread out. I sayed at Mighty Ducks in April last year and thought it was pretty far, but after looking at the map, I realized it wasn't. I also used the bus stop/food court at Music from the Ducks building, it was a 10 minute walk there, rather than maybe 15 to the Movies area. If Dalmations is a prefered building, you wil have to pay extra for that building, but none of them are that "far". Just fax your room request in 4 days ahead of time, and hope for the best. It is a great resort! You will not find out where your room is untill you check in, sorry.

There are two buildings in each value resort that are $10 per night more and classified as "preferred rooms". These are rooms in the buildings that are closest to the main building, food court and bus stop etc. If its that important that you be in a preferred location then consider if its worth $10 per night more. If so maybe you can call and change your reservation to the preferred location. You can't be guaranteed which building but only that it will be one of the preferred buildings.

If not then check out the wdwig section on faxing room requests this has gotten me great results at a few different resorts. You may be able to get the closed "non preferred" building this way.

HTH
TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter