• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I am so sad. My little girls started school today.

I can't relate yet. My DD is just now starting 1st grade and I have two younger than that. I have a feeling it will hit me when the other two are in school full time and no one is at home during the day anymore. Just think of all the other things you can do now that they are gone to school all day? Just make sure you find a way to make up the time on the weekends to make up for that sad feeling you have. Good luck!!! :goodvibes

Thanks Angie T. I am a stay at home mom, so this summer we all had so much fun in the pool and doing things together. I just love them so much and looking around the house at their DS's and toys and I have just been crying all day. They just grow up so so fast. I just have to pull myself together. I got a shower and put on make-up to try and take my mind off of it-helped a little, but I know it will get better.
Thanks!:sad2:

I know how you feel my DD is about to start school next Tuesday and I am a nervous wreck! I am a stay at home mum too and my day pretty much revolves around what we do together I am going to feel quite lost on Tuesday.

I am sure it will get easier as the term goes on and she will be having so much fun with all her friends. Hope you are ok:grouphug:

I remember when my last one outta the 5 went to kindergarden I didnt even cry I went home sat down and watched tv Barney then hubby called and could hear it and was like omg NO I didnt even realize I was watching it. now I either volenteer at her school or enjoy things like nice hot baths or reward myself for weight loss at bath and body works MMM You will be fine. The first days are always the worst! Being a former teacher it is best to give a quick kiss and a hug and walk away. When the kids really missed mama We would have the mom give a bunch of kisses in there hand and hold it tight and put the kisses in there pocket in case they needed them later.one smart mom put a family pic in a zip lock bag and taped it to the inside of the lunchbox. Lunchbox notes work wonderful too.You can always cry in the car at the parking lot, mostly enjoy the "Alone" time when you can get it because it is few and far between .. kinda like sleep :lmao: big hugs to you :goodvibes

As an empty nester, all of the milestones seem to have happened in the blink of an eye when I look back.

You have to remember that raising our kids to be independent of us is the goal.

Get busy and give the house a good cleaning, then take a look at where you can volunteer your time and skills to help those less fortunate.

I've learned to be so grateful for those milestones, although I will sorely miss DD#2 when she heads off to college in 2012. My cousin lost her firstborn, that sweetest heart was only 3 years old, and had just started attending preschool. I'm so frickin' happy I still have my two girls and they are thriving! Each milestone is such a blessing, I have no regrets, no tears, as each one goes by. My tears come when I realize that my cousin's little girl would have been in elementary school now, what would she have been like?

I've learned to be so grateful for those milestones, although I will sorely miss DD#2 when she heads off to college in 2012. My cousin lost her firstborn, that sweetest heart was only 3 years old, and had just started attending preschool. I'm so frickin' happy I still have my two girls and they are thriving! Each milestone is such a blessing, I have no regrets, no tears, as each one goes by. My tears come when I realize that my cousin's little girl would have been in elementary school now, what would she have been like?

What an important reminder for me. I am so sorry about your loss.:sad1:
I easily can get trapped in feeling sad and anxious about milestones and the kids being out in the world without me. My dd starts high school this year and it put a knot in my stomach most days.
It's absolutely time to put my focus where it should be.. I have two happy healthy children with no major issues and that is all I need. Thank you.:hug:

I understand. I'm already sad, and they don't go to school until Tuesday. My oldest will be starting middle school, and my youngest will be going to first grade. I don't know which is worse. I joke that only my DD can go to school!

I'm always a little depressed the first weeks of school. Once I start volunteering, I am good again.

Thanks Angie T. I am a stay at home mom, so this summer we all had so much fun in the pool and doing things together. I just love them so much and looking around the house at their DS's and toys and I have just been crying all day. They just grow up so so fast. I just have to pull myself together. I got a shower and put on make-up to try and take my mind off of it-helped a little, but I know it will get better.
Thanks!:sad2:

:grouphug: I will be feeling the same way in a week as I take my son off to college. My girls are in school already and once he is off to college than it will be so quiet here. :sad2:

:grouphug::grouphug: I am so very for the loss of that precious Angel.

My DD starts kindergarten this year an I am so sad just thinking about it. While out buying her school stuff my eyes start to tear up. I have been a SAHM this past year so I could spend a lot of time with her before she started school, but I think doing that is going to make it harder. I actually am making my DH take the first day of school morning off so he can help me with the driving her to school cause I know I am going to fall apart.
Plus side we want to sell the house next year so this will give me time to paint the house and do some minor repairs without my little helper around to "help" me out.

It will get better. I'm just the opposite. All 4 of my children will go back to school in 2 weeks and I'm happy as can be. We had a fun summer but by this time, they spend so much time fighting with each and I'm ready to have my house back. When they're home, the house is a complete mess.

I also volunteer at all 3 of their schools, church, garden centers and a few other places, so I never get bored.

What an important reminder for me. I am so sorry about your loss.:sad1:
I easily can get trapped in feeling sad and anxious about milestones and the kids being out in the world without me. My dd starts high school this year and it put a knot in my stomach most days.
It's absolutely time to put my focus where it should be.. I have two happy healthy children with no major issues and that is all I need. Thank you.:hug:

Thank you - out of all my cousins (27 of them) this was the cousin I consider as a sister, we have been so close since she was born! Her daughter just seemed so connected to me too, and I'm still in the grieving process, years later. When I start to feel sorry that my girls are moving on (empty nest in 2012, OMG!) my little angel comes down from heaven and smacks me on the head!

I've also found that after being diagnosed with cancer 7 years ago, I'm so excited to be here celebrating those milestones! I remember asking God to at least let me live until I was 50 - then my girls would be 23 and 20, and hopefully mature and independent enough to be able to get on OK without me.

I know it's still going to be hard when my 'little one' goes off to college. For the past 2 years she's been my constant companion, as I work at her high school. That first day of driving to the school without her as copilot, when she's hours away on campus somewhere, is going to be interesting - but I will tell myself that she's made it one step closer to being her own woman, and that I've done the best job I could getting her to that point.

It will get better. I'm just the opposite. All 4 of my children will go back to school in 2 weeks and I'm happy as can be. We had a fun summer but by this time, they spend so much time fighting with each and I'm ready to have my house back. When they're home, the house is a complete mess.

I also volunteer at all 3 of their schools, church, garden centers and a few other places, so I never get bored.

Same here. I am a teacher, so I don't get anytime to myself at all, as life is busy, but especially during summer, so I love it when it's back to school time! I love teaching, and I love my kids being in school!

They started school at 12 months old, and didn't look back. I love them being in school, and wish it was all year! LOL!

Good luck to those struggling with their kids in school, Tiger

My triplets are starting this September and I am dreading it. The house will be empty without them all day long with me.

I'm taking my one and only off to college next week. He'll be 1800 miles away from his dad and I. Just got my camera for my computer so I can Skype him, just need to make sure he's going to be there to Skype. I'm going to cry all the way back home.

I remember that. But I have to say, it was worse when my oldest went to middle school. He may have been ready, but I wasn't

DD starts kindergarten in the Fall and it makes me so sad. I mean, she's going to be at school 5 days/week. I work part-time (3 days/week) so she's home with me on my days off and I can't believe she's not going to be with me for a lot of the day on those days. I can't even imagine when my twins starts school, I'll be an absolute mess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter