I booked AKL CL and now I’m a bit nervous

Disneyhenry

DisneyRosie
Hi, I had to change my reservations, we are now going Christmas week, btw I was so surprised that I get to keep my BB offer. Anyway with it being Christmas week, I wanted a Resort with lots of activities and decided to go with CL for the extra FP’s
I went with AKL and I will have a HA room due to health issues, but reading reviews, the CL reviews aren’t so great. Please help me feel better and share your experiences with AKL CL, yes both good and bad experiences welcome.
We are a family of 3, DH, myself and DS will be 10
Thx!

Hi, I had to change my reservations, we are now going Christmas week, btw I was so surprised that I get to keep my BB offer. Anyway with it being Christmas week, I wanted a Resort with lots of activities and decided to go with CL for the extra FP’s
I went with AKL and I will have a HA room due to health issues, but reading reviews, the CL reviews aren’t so great. Please help me feel better and share your experiences with AKL CL, yes both good and bad experiences welcome.
Thx!
AKL is a truly lovely resort. Booking CL makes the experience extra special. We enjoy the lounge offerings as well as the restaurants. You will have a savanna view, so fun to watch the animals both from your room as well as the various viewing areas around the resort. There are activities for kids each day.
We spent a couple of nights at AKL CL last month. The Christmas decorations were so pretty, we very much enjoyed ourselves.
You are in for a treat, happy planning!!

We stayed at AKL CL last year. We loved it so much we are staying there again this coming June. The resort is beautiful. Our grandson had a great time with all of the activities and watching the animals. The CL cast members were very helpful, always asking if we needed anything. I think you made a great choice!

Been there done that. Do it again in a heartbeat. There are complainers everywhere.. and typically they are more likely to speak up and or post a grievance so I will often read reviews but not throw too much weight in it.
If you’re able to participate /book a nite Safari at AKL kidani... it was an Amazing experience and recommend it.
Have a wonderful time .. pixie dust your way.

Did AKL CL in 2012. Nice but I would never pay for it again. The one thing we did make use of was eating breakfast there. The real reason we did CL was to do the Sunrise Safari which made it worth it. So I would look at it for those type of extras you get access to.

AKL CL is one of the tops on property. Truly unique in a very unique resort. Add to that you can get a savannah view room with very little upcharge from booking Savannah View and it's almost a no brainer to go with CL at AKL. We never stay at AKL without going on and doing CL for that reason.

AKL CL is lovely, but, honestly, during Christmas week, it would not be my choice. Traffic is terrible that week and AKL will only be convenient to AK. IMHO, if it's in the budget, I would switch to a resort that is closest to the park (or parks) that you will be visiting most. We stayed at BWI during Christmas 2015 and it saved our trip as we didn't have to rely on buses for two parks.

We really enjoyed our 2 CL stays at AKL. We'd have a quick bite in the morning, head back late afternoon for the afternoon tea and would stop off for a drink and see what was being offered before heading out in the evening. The CMs in the lounge were very helpful the few times we needed help with something. As a PP said, the Sunrise Safari, which brought you to AK before the park opened to ride KS at a much slower pace (usually it runs about 18 minutes, during the Sunrise Safari we were out there for about an hour, followed by a private buffet breakfast at Pizzafari) was a great perk for staying AKL-CL, but they discontinued that. My biggest issues with CL at AKL is that it really feels like it was an afterthought. It is on the 6th floor (the non-DVC CL rooms are on the 4th floor) on the opposite side of the lobby from the rooms and there is no view of any savannahs, which would have been a nice touch.

I would keep the CL! First-AKL is gorgeous! I loved their Christmas decorations and they are one of the resorts with the huge Icon tree in the lobby. There is Christmas music played in the lobby but it has an African flair. I love AKL so much I just bought into DVC there!

For your stay, Christmas week 2019, it’s going to be packed! SWGE will probably be recently opened. The CL FPs will give you a step up to make sure you get on those rides. And AKL is a great place to be able to go back and relax to avoid the crowds.

For what PP said about traffic, it will end up being an issue anywhere you stay. Yes, if you stayed at a Monorail resort you could avoid the street traffic to get to MK and Epcot, and I guess to DHS-but that would involve having to walk thru Epcot to get to the IG and then transport down to DHS. It wouldn’t be worth it for the extra cost. I would just plan on transportation delays and work around that!

Big AKL CL fan here as well. Had two visits there in 2018. It was our second to last CL to try as it didn’t really appeal to us from afar, the distance was always a concern - but wow, we were impressed. CL food offerings morph/change over time, but in our recent travels, I rank AKL CL as our top favorite CL in terms of food/beverage/lounge offerings.

AKL is not always a good fit depending on our park plans, but for the right trip and mindset, AKL and AKL CL is a great spot (in my humble opinion).

I loved the CL at the AKL. The only one complaint I have is that I think they should serve Zebra Domes every single night with the desserts. Yes, people love them and it would require a lot of them, but for the price you pay for CL those should be included. From what I have read, they used to do it, shame on them for not continuing to do so.

Thx!
I booked AKL club level Presidents week. It’s the first time for us also. It was the least expensive CL on a crazy, busy expensive weekend. Like you, I wanted the extra fast passes. I have stayed CL at other resorts, but it’s been a few years. I won’t tell you it’s worth the money, but it does enhance the vacation.

AKL CL is lovely, but, honestly, during Christmas week, it would not be my choice. Traffic is terrible that week and AKL will only be convenient to AK. IMHO, if it's in the budget, I would switch to a resort that is closest to the park (or parks) that you will be visiting most. We stayed at BWI during Christmas 2015 and it saved our trip as we didn't have to rely on buses for two parks.
We will have a car, do you think that will help? Thank you

I would keep the CL! First-AKL is gorgeous! I loved their Christmas decorations and they are one of the resorts with the huge Icon tree in the lobby. There is Christmas music played in the lobby but it has an African flair. I love AKL so much I just bought into DVC there!

For your stay, Christmas week 2019, it’s going to be packed! SWGE will probably be recently opened. The CL FPs will give you a step up to make sure you get on those rides. And AKL is a great place to be able to go back and relax to avoid the crowds.

For what PP said about traffic, it will end up being an issue anywhere you stay. Yes, if you stayed at a Monorail resort you could avoid the street traffic to get to MK and Epcot, and I guess to DHS-but that would involve having to walk thru Epcot to get to the IG and then transport down to DHS. It wouldn’t be worth it for the extra cost. I would just plan on transportation delays and work around that!
We will have a car do you think that will help? Thank you

We will have a car do you think that will help? Thank you
I haven't had a car at WDW before. You could end up caught up the traffic anyways, just you will have to park and get to the park entrance. I don't love Disney transport at all, so I tend to make use of Uber on occasion.

AKL CL is wonderful! You will love it! The food is fantastic in my opinion.
I’ve never stayed there over Christmas, but usually prefer driving from most of the resorts anyway. Give it a try & if it’s overwhelming, take the bus!

There is no way I would drive on WDW during Christmas week. I wouldn't drive anyway with the efficient WDW transportation, but definitely not during Christmas week.
Sorry I don’t care for the busses, I will use the monorail if staying at a monorail Resort, we always rent a vehicle, usually a truck, easier with my scooter
Thank you for the info, I’ll be prepared for traffic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter