• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I booked room only and final payment not due until check in. When will I get Magic Bands?

pstepka

DIS Veteran
Will I have to wait until check-in to receive them? All my other trips I rented points so my trip was paid for in advance. We're staying at Port Orleans this time and did not book any type of package so I don't have to pay for the room until we arrive.
Thanks!

You should be able to customize your Magic Bands on MDE. I believe it works best (only?) online instead of via the app. Go under “Magic Bands and Cards” and you should see when you have until to customize. Your bands will be mailed to you about a month before your trip. Good luck!

I wasn't sure if I was going to get them in the mail before we arrived seeing as there still a balance due on our our reservation. We arrive August 28th.

They still mail them at about 28 days out for room-only. If you cancel your reservation after that, well... yes, you’d essentially end up with free MBs. It happens, but it appears Disney is comfortable taking the risk. Most people don’t cancel.

I didn't realize until now I'm sooner than 30 days but I was still able to go online and personalize :-). I bet tomorrow morning I wouldn't have been able to.

Unless I'm missing something, everybody who makes a Room Only reservation can pay one night to hold the reservation, and the rest gets charged to their credit card after they arrive. I have never paid in full in advance for a Room Only reservation.

I book room only all the time, and I always get my MB in the mail 3-4 weeks before the trip.

Unless I'm missing something, everybody who makes a Room Only reservation can pay one night to hold the reservation, and the rest gets charged to their credit card after they arrive. I have never paid in full in advance for a Room Only reservation.

You are not missing anything, but some people (including me!) pay it in full before we get there. Just to get it out of the way and have one less thing to deal with. :)

I didn't realize until now I'm sooner than 30 days but I was still able to go online and personalize :-). I bet tomorrow morning I wouldn't have been able to.
Once you are on MDE, a message appears in red and says you have until x date to customize your MB. They do give you some warning. You will also get an email that they have shipped, as well as a tracking number that will let you know when to expect them.

What is MDE? :confused3 I'm trying to come up to speed with everything. Thank you in advance.
Google "My Disney Experience" and you can create an account. Any advance dining and room reservations, as well as fast pass and Memory Maker information can be found on MDE. You can check wait time, bus times, etc. There is an app you can get on your phone as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter