"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties." An August DFTW and Disneymoon TR

Okay...whew!!! I'm finally caught up. Although I haven't commented on much of it, I have really enjoyed it...other than the overwhelming feeling I had that I'd NEVER actually get to the end.

So much good stuff!

:dogdance:Yay for passing all your tests!!!! :dogdance:

I really want to do that tour maybe on this next trip hmm. I am going to look into it. It will be a great bday present for my dh who has a big one on our trip.

Thanks!!

Yes, it was a great tour. We really enjoyed it! :) I hope you get a chance to try it sometime.

You snuck in a 3rd part before I was finished responding lol. I love the Zingerber Fizzie. I had one at Tiffins on our last trip. Your review of Sanaa has me really excited for dinner there.

Soo yummy! Both the drink, and Sanaa. :lovestruc

Get some decent poutine? Or Montreal smoked meat on rye?

Sadly...no. :sad2: It was a quick in-and-out kind of trip. But hopefully next time we'll be able to explore a little more! We're in Montreal for a con in July...so that sounds promising...

What will we see next, I wonder?

Spoiler alert: I think purple hair may be coming next week. Possibly.

I get that. I've done a few courses where you had a dozen or more exams where the pass mark was 80%.

::yes:: Stressful.

Seriously, that is basically a private tour.

Pretty much! Spoiler alert: I had a similar experience during my little solo trip a few days ago. I decided at the last minute to do the UnDiscovered Future World tour in Epcot, and it ended up being me and two other people. It was raining most of that morning, but otherwise it was an awesome tour experience!

Great pic with the park empty!

:thanks:

Hippos amazes me, they seem so aggressive looking but really I guess they are actually pretty docile? Our local Zoo had some sort of tour and the people were actually petting the hippo!

How cool!!

This does look super scary! I will give you that and even knowing that it's Disney I feel like your mind can't compute that.

It was pretty freaky going across the bridges! I'm really glad we did it though.

This seems like an amazing expierence to eat in that overlook area.

It was soo nice! Apparently people were enjoying that part of it so much that Disney listened and created the Savour the Savannah tour. We have it booked for our anniversary in August. It's around supper time/evening, and I think they do the little safari truck bit, and then you just go out to the boma and eat cool food and drink wine while you watch the animals. Sounds like a good time to me!

I was just saying how Giraffees seem like such a strange animal. This must have been really cool to see them running. I always want to see the kangaroos running but they never seem to be doing that.

It was so cool! I never seem to see the kangaroos. Do they only come out seasonally or something? I've seen them once by the tree of life, but never noticed them again.

It is a good shot! Did they say why the giraffes are over there. I feel like they didn't always hang out over there, that they used to be more in the beginning of the tour. Wonder if the giraffe moved naturally, or if they encouraged them to move.

Yeah, it was neat! I suspect they're there because there's food hidden up in the trees or something. Or maybe for the shade? I remember on our Wild Africa Trek tour they told us that they are always moving where they hide the food because the giraffes are clever and will only stay in one place if they know that food will always be there.

I love it as well. I didn't notice a terrible performances but I am not a big critic of it. Maybe the new cast just needed to find there rythmn. I am sure they practice together before they take stage, but for how long.

I think so too! I know they do lots of rehearsal, but I think from my limited experience that the more times you do a show with an audience, the more natural it becomes, and you start being able to play around and learn new things about your characters, etc.

You would think people who are AP holders wouldn't be this "dum" to wait in a line when there are open lines, but it seems to happen often.

::yes:::confused3

This is exactly the problem. It starts off beautiful and cool to watch and then it just starts to get long... They need to adjust the middle to something.

Agreed!!

Best secret of WL.... Well, I assume at some point this will change... I am waiting patiently for the 2019 rates to be released, wonder if they will have a Castle Vewi category.

Yeah, I wondered about this, too!

Looks like a fun tour in AK, we did the caring for giants tour which we loved! Wow, you really did get up close and personal to the crocodiles! The bridge does look woozy inducing! Props to doing this in August. We did the giants tour in August very hot!

Congratulations on passing all your exams, enjoy your summer of travel. I’m jealous, ha!

It was really great!! One of the highlights of our trip. Especially having our annual passes, we're finding that things like tours are more and more what we enjoy doing as little extra splurges. We also did the caring for giants tour and thought it was excellent! And a great value!

That tour looks amazing! I'm so proud of your for crossing the bridge. I am beyond terrified of heights (I'm 5' 9". . . it doesn't make sense) and bridges. For my birthday my husband and I went up to the mountains and climbed through tree canopies via bridges. I was so scared. But I did it! It's a great feeling to accomplish our fears!

As always, love your updates!

It was fantastic! And super scary...but awesome. Congrats for tackling your fear! :)

Love that. I love getting there before everyone else. ::yes::

Me too! Always worth it.

Wow! Nice solo shot of just you guys and the tree.

Thanks!!

It looks like a ghost town.

That's how it felt. But it was great. It felt like we had the park to ourselves to enjoy in those moments.

Yep! You get to keep your water bottle. It's a very expensive souvenir if you're just in it for the water bottle though :laughing:

That's great. That makes all the difference, doesn't it?

Yes!! A great tour guide makes for a great tour.

Ohhh!! I is scared!

We was scary.

Hippo jaw, I presume.

Yep!

You look a wee bit concerned yet happy yet nervous yet...

::yes::

:laughing:
Hippos? Crocs?... nah. There's a lizard that you can see everywhere on property here.

Um yeah. I was a very proud wife in that moment. *facepalm*

That Florida summer heat is no joke.

Really! Huh. He was okay, though?

Oh yeah, he was fine. He's a drama queen!! :laughing: But it was a strange reaction. So he obviously has avoided them ever since.

Cute shot of you guys.

:thanks:

Hey! They got the animatronic lion to move!

:rotfl:

Nice. What animals did you and N pick? Giraffe for you, I'm guessing?

How did you guess!? :confused3 Yep, I picked giraffe. While some populations of giraffes are doing okay, there are some that are on scientists' radar as having the potential to become threatened, and I want there to be giraffes for ever and ever!! N and I seem to remember him picking rhinos? Which I think is also an excellent choice.

How was that? It sounds like something I'd order.

The zingiber fizzie = super tasty. Not too overpowering. Nice combination of sweet, slightly tart, and the warmth from the ginger. The flavours are some of my favourites in combination.

I'd love to go... just for the bread service.

As you should! Even if just for the bread service...which can be a meal in and of itself if you're eating it by yourself...albeit, a carb-y one.

I have a theory. It's the people who figure they'll go enough and been told to get an AP, but don't really do much research.

Hmmm, this sounds very plausible!

Like me and my poker chips...

Yep. I can't seem to manage to go on a Disney trip (or sometimes even a non-Disney trip) without picking up at least one new pin. I only got two on my last little solo trip (from which I just returned!), so I counted that a win. And one of them was included as a little gift in the cost of the tour I took. I did, however, help to get a friend from home interested in pin collecting, and so while I was there she sent me a list of things she wanted me to pick up for her...totalling around 9 pins. I think I have created a monster. Around $55 USD...so about $700 CAD.

I think she was one of our tour guides when we did it back in 2016!

We really liked her! She was really friendly and knowledgeable. It was great being on such a small tour because we really got a lot of personalized attention from the guides.

We saw mostly ostriches when we were at the boma they were everywhere :rotfl:

Haha no way! We only saw maybe one.

I love their churros! They were so good!

So yummy! :lovestruc

Yeah, it's called a potjie which has a dish from the journey and one from the harvest.

Yes! Thank you!

Ours were terrible quality in night Pandora :rotfl:

Yes! I don't know why this is a thing! I mean, I understand the challenges associated with night photography, but still. Unexpectedly bad for a lot of them. And they don't have as much of an issue at other parks/places at night, it seems.

Hey Meghan, Life has taken on another season of 'very busy' as we prepare for my son's AND my daughter's graduations. It's... a lot. So I just don't have time to multi-quote pkondz-style. As much as I'd like to. I have read all your lovely updates though from the Trek to the Nomad to Sanaa, and your Safari to boot. You had a SUPER full day with so many wonderful experiences. I've done the Wanyama Tour which wasn't quite as adventurous in terms of swinging bridges and all, but did have the up close and personals with the animals- and good eats too. It was amazing, so I can relate to how much you loved this tour!

Hey, Liesa! Wow, I can only imagine how busy you've been! It's been over a week since you wrote this (sorry!) so hopefully things are beginning to settle down a bit for you now.

And yes, we had a wonderful day...but it was pretty jam-packed. So much animal and food love crammed into one day. :lovestruc

Isn't the Nomad perfect? In every way? I make it a point to go every trip now and just love it there. Sanaa is on my list for my next 2 trips as well. I adore it!!!

It is!! There's a limited list of places I just keep returning again and again on Disney trips, and these ones are on it. I missed out on both the Nomad Lounge AND Sanaa on the short solo trip I just took, and I really felt the loss. I did manage to get to Boma breakfast and Skipper Canteen dinner though, which are also on that list. :-)

Interesting take on Nemo.. you know what? I 100% agree. The first time I went in 2010, it was over-the-top amazing. I went in 2016 and I was not impressed. AT all. Voices were shaky, and even a bit at times, out of tune. The puppetry was not fluid and the whole show seemed a bit amateurish. I will take my family in 2019, but it's not on my list for this year. Sad, but true.

Couldn't agree more! It still holds a special place for me, but I miss how it used to be. I didn't get there last week, but I'm hopeful they continue to make improvements. I'd hate to see this show end up replaced eventually, but it should only stay if it's a good quality show.

ROL? it's alright. I'd see it again; it IS pretty, but like you say, lacking in cohesiveness. I can take or leave. But the awakening is stunning. I could stand and watch for a very long time.

The Wild Trek Tour at AK sounds amazing! I think that is something on my WDW bucket list! WL is such a nice resort - and those shower tiles are the cutest:goodvibes

It was awesome!! And yes, WL stole my heart a bit. :lovestruc

Incredibly empty!!! Love this! We had initially wanted an early a.m. trek, too, but it just hadn't worked in our schedule, so we ended up being the last one of the day.

It was!! We really enjoyed the morning tour, and I'd booked it that way because I was worried about the heat...but then our guides told us that in August it really doesn't even make much of a difference because it's hot from sun-up to sun-down. :laughing:

I felt the same way!!!! My Dad and Rob looked at me like I was imagining things when I told them some boards were pretty far apart!

They totally are!! I'm short anyway, especially in the legs, so I was struggling a little!

We heard those terms for the first time on our trek, as well! I love that they try to keep it magical while still telling you the truth!

Agreed!

Weren't those the most beautifully tiled bathrooms you've ever laid eyes on!?

::yes::::yes::

The Wild Africa Trek sounds so cool! I'm glad you didn't have any issues and the photos of you crossing the bridge are awesome!

Sounds like a great rest of the day at AK and a great dinner at Sanaa!

You guys must have been exhausted by the end of the day!

Thanks! It was such a great tour! But yes, it was a super exhausting day.

Your hair looks absolutely amazing! I am so jealous. I really want to go a lovely steel grey but dont know how that would go over at work.

Thanks so much! I'm having fun with it! I think you'd look great with the silvery grey look. Don't know how strict your work is, but someone in my office (before I went back to school) dyed her hair that colour and it looked super cool!

Every five seconds?!

:laughing:::yes::

You have sold me on Wild Africa Trek! Gotta start saving my pennies!!!

Was totally worth it for us!

I'm really trying not to be a lurker. Life is crazy!

I feel you there!

Congrats! I work closely with 12 speech paths in the school system and they are some busy busy people. However, I do know they can make a whole lot more in the private sector or in the hospitals.

Yeah, there are lots of different types of work opportunities, which is one of the biggest draws for me. A lot of people end up doing a few different things over the course of their working years. But, despite the less-than-extravagant salary, I can see myself working in the school system. Where I am in Nova Scotia at least, school SLPs are on teachers' contracts and benefit from all that entails, including the same vacation weeks. That appeals to me, as well as working with little ones with speech and language concerns. But our teachers also take some real abuse around here, so it's a toss-up. I'm counting on my practicum opportunities to help me get a better idea of what I'd like to do. I don't think I'll know for sure until I start getting into the field.

Something to consider on our adult only trip that we keep talking about but have no idea when we will actually plan one :confused3

Haha I hope you manage to fit one in soon! Your little ones are precious, but mom and dad could use some Disney time for themselves, too!

Loved your recap of the Wild Africa Trek! It sounded amazing and made me want to experience it even more. I never even thought about the bridge causing motion sickness. Glad there wasn't a large group and you were allowed to cross by yourself.

Thanks! Yeah, it was a super experience. I'm sure most people wouldn't have to worry about that with the bridges, but where I'm super sensitive it was always a concern. Glad it went as well as it did!

It's amusing to me that Rivers of Light is the big nighttime show for the park but the general consensus is that the Tree of Life's Awakening is much better. I don't think Disney planned for that to be that case at all.

Right?! I've been thinking the same thing.

I've actually never seen Finding Nemo: the Musical before and wasn't even aware of the huge overhaul of the cast. But I can imagine your disappointment when something you loved dearly didn't live up to its old standard. Hopefully it keeps on its upward arc and will be back to what you once adored by the next time you see it again.

I hope so, too! Sweet show with a lot of great potential.

That's awesome! Go you! Great picture!! I'm a little scared of heights too but I think I would totally love to do this.

Thanks!! It was totally worth it, so I'm sure you'd love it.

Haha it's such a small world! So happy you had some magical moments and met up with the same people who gave them to you!

It was excellent!

Oh weird. He must be allergic or sensitive to some sort of oil?

I think so! Either that, or he was maybe already getting a sunburn or something and so his face was dry and inflamed, and then the essential oils on it irritated it more or something? It was strange. The guides said that had never happened before. I just found it refreshing.

That was a very informative guide to Finding Nemo! So now I guess I'll just have to see it for the first time!

If you do, I hope the performers are on their game and it's a good show!

That seemed to be the number 1 puzzling question of every trip I've taken. But passholders...c'mon, they should know better!! People are weird.

::yes:::confused3

So cool! I actually had to BUY one, LOL.

It really makes a difference when someone loves their job. Danielle is going to try to do the college program next year.

Absolutely! And I hope Danielle gets to do the college program. She'd be perfect!

Congrats! I think I might get a little wozzy too. The heights wouldn't bother me but not being stable would.

I'm with you there. It's the swaying that bothers me most. It's the same reason I sometimes have issues with ferris wheels.

This is one of my dream resorts to stay out someday.

I hope you get to go! Maybe on a really great discount like we got or something. It was wonderful!!

Hey there! I'm sorry, I got way too far behind to multi-quote!

This is the story of my life right now.

Your dinner at Saana looks yummy. Mike and I will be eating here for the first time this fall. I wonder if we can ask for a table near the window?

It was excellent! I hope you enjoy it. I'd definitely try asking for a table near the window. We always did that with Coral Reef to sit near the aquarium windows and they always did their best to accommodate.

What an amazing day and an equally amazing wedding gift!!!!!!!!! Your trek looks like absolute perfection, though I'm not sure I could handle the bridges. Being wired in or not I don't think my fear of heights could handle that.

It was soo wonderful!! The bridges were definitely a concern...but worth it.

Glad to see you all enjoyed Nomads lounge. Definitely one of the best places on property for a drink and some apps.

100%

Can't wait to see what your opinion of Wilderness Lodge it. Its without question my favorite resort on property and its been way too long since we've been there.

It was fantastic! I'd happily go back again any time. We went to Artist Point last week just so I could get a little taste of being at the lodge again.

Oh, hello. So, a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, I commentated on this trip report. And then life got in the way. And work got even more in the way. And I always wanted to try reading that trip report from my fellow Atlantic Canadian, but alas it never happened. Well, I finally took the time to catch up. Of course there's too much to comment on, but I'm still here, enjoying the read, and will try to keep up to date. :o

Hello there! I'm right there with you, struggling to keep up with trip reports. Nice to see you back here though! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I went to EPCOT the year it opened and figment has always been one of my favorite parts of EPCOT.

Wow, that must have been awesome! And I'm with you there—I'm a big fan of Figment.

Crud!!!
I was walking through MegaCon on Friday and I saw your booth! We were on our way somewhere and I made a mental note that I had to come back and say "Hi!"

Now I am sitting on my couch on Sunday evening realizing that we somehow never went by your booth again! We were all over the place. I don't know how we missed it.

The one time I went by, your husband was just finishing a piece and it looked really cool!

Sorry we missed you! But I can totally understand how you didn't make it back. MegaCon is huge!! It's one of and handful of the biggest cons Nathan does, and especially in the vendor area it's amazing how many booths there are. It wasn't until about the Saturday that I even felt super confident finding my way around, and they even have the aisles labelled. It's big! But it was a lot of fun! I hope you had a good con and enjoyed yourself!

Back on the boards myself after a while away.
Sorry about the stresses and your friends addiction. So happy to hear that you passsed all of your classes. Whew that feels better doesn't it. Nice that your able to spend the summer with N. I occasionaly see his post on FB. His work is great.

Lovin the new color.

Thanks so much! And I'll pass along the kind words to N as well. :)

I've mostly been trying to just read and catch up vs. commenting too much, but I feel compelled to reply to this one. Then I realized, if I didn't tell you what a beautiful bride you made, I would be remiss, so comment above is for that.

Thanks so much! You're very kind.

It's YOUR day and you'll only do it once, so glad you stuck to your guns. You'll find out there will be many people telling you how you should or how you should have done things, but again...it's YOUR day. I'm sure you've heard the saying you can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. Along the same lines as what I've already said, the only people that needed to be pleased this day were you and N. Everyone else SHOULD be pleased FOR you. Most times, I would say it's not all about you, but in this case, it very much was all about you and N.

Glad to hear someone else backing us up on this! I totally agree that if you're going to be selfish one day in your lives, your wedding day should be it. Even after all these months (almost 10 now!) I have no major regrets about how our day came together. I think I would if I had let myself be swayed by what others thought we should be doing.

The other thing I wanted to comment on is the signature photo mat...too cool!

Thanks! I love how it turned out.

Congrats! I'd be interested in what TA you use and what sort of rate you got on the GF. We're DVC members and whenever we're not using our DVC points, seems like the other resorts are crazy for cost. We're staying at the Swan in September and I *think* I got a decent rate through work discount, but hard to say compared to what a TA might have done. And the cool thing is I've finally caught up enough to where I'm able to comment BEFORE your trip! ;)

Not sure about how strict the Dis's policies are on discussing travel agencies, but I'll send you the name/number in an inbox message. For anyone else who sees this and is curious, if you Google "Disney Magical Deal," it should be the first agency/discount link to pop up.

Wanted to add that I am loving your reports! Also, I was at Ottawa ComicCon on the Sunday and went through the artists' side so am now trying to wrack my brain and see if I remember seeing you there :) I was trying to wrangle a 3 yo and 6 yo in superhero capes, so admit I may have been slightly distracted...

Thanks so much! We actually weren't in the artist alley area, so you may have missed us. I think Nathan was there the first year he did it, but they quickly figured out that that booth size doesn't work well for his setup where he's painting live. We were in that same building though, just interspersed with the other vendors. I can certainly imagine how keeping track of two little superheroes might have kept you occupied!

zec0BO7.gif

If you had a chance to wander at ComicCon, did you see the purses with the removable flap? She had some gorgeous Alice in Wonderland ones that I am still eyeing... :ccat:

Oooh, no I didn't. I didn't get to do much exploring, which I don't mind because it meant we were busy, but it's still a shame. We'll be at a few other cons nearby this summer, including Montreal, so I'll have to keep an eye out for these!

Happy anniversary early! Glad y'all are able to go back for it!

Thank you! I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm not saying anything since it took me almost 3 months to finish my TR.

I'm going on 10 months...and the end isn't quite in sight yet. I'm hopeful I'll at least get it done before we go back for our anniversary. That would just be getting silly after a whole year had passed...

Hope you had a great time! I look forward to hearing about your time in orlando!! :)

Thank you! I had a lot of fun :)

Wait a minute...I'm not caught up on this one yet and you're gonna start another.
I'm never gonna catch up. :sad:

Haha sorry! This is exactly how I feel when I open my "watched threads" link. Oh dear...

I’m in for more TR’s from you!

Thanks! :thumbsup2 More TR-related fun coming right up!

Your pictures from your solo days were so cute! I'm looking forward to my solo time next weekend too!!

Thanks!! I hope you have a great time :hug:

N: Yes, I could do a paining of you, but since we're at Disney, it would cost at least 4x as much as a regular painting.
Minnie: So true!

Ain't that the truth...:sad1:

Do they have real maple syrup at most of these places and you just don't want to wait for them to get it?

Yeah, they do. And sometimes I still ask. After all, I might as well get my money's worth. But it was good to have on the road anyway when we weren't at Disney, because places like Universal had gluten free pancakes, but not real syrup. But I also was getting tired of the looks and the comments I was getting from servers when I'd ask, and sometimes it didn't feel worth the headache to ask. And also it's nice to keep one on me, because sometimes when I'm starting to feel a little under the weather it helps to down some fluids and then get a little sugar boost, and I start to feel better. Maple is a nice way to get that sugar in an unrefined way. But yeah...as you found out in the quote below...it was pricey to buy the packs...so when they're gone I'll just be asking at restaurants again. Even the value resorts typically have it out back, even if some of the cast members don't even know it's there.

Those travel packets are cool...how much do they cost? I'm sure it would be more for me since customs/international shipping/etc, but I might have to consider it since I'm a "must have real maple syrup" snob. #NotjustCanadianprobs ;)

EDIT: Just looked on Amazon and for 20 of those untapped packets, it's $36. Ouch!!

Yep, ouch. But I'm totally with you for needing real maple syrup! But I actually had to have them shipped into my international parcel place in Maine because I couldn't get them here. It's Vermont syrup...not exactly what we're used to here at home, but pretty close.

Only 2.96 and you didn't get one?

Big regret.

This is our cats, except we can't put them on a diet because they're outside so we can't monitor/limit food... One has always been really bad, and the other just recently got pretty chunky. I'm going to be cutting out mats this weekend... It happens so fast!

Aww, poor things! Yes, it happens sooo fast!

Busch looks pretty neat! Zack's been wanting to go lately. I worry that many rides will be too intense for me simply because I am a giant wimp :rotfl:

I'm with you being a ride wimp! The animals and shows were good for me...but most of the rides were a stretch. They do have a few coasters that aren't quite so intense though :)

I had to try and google... was she the punk-y one? I forgot bout that movie!

She WAS the punk-y one! :laughing:

I love it! You're much braver than I am. I was reading about some hair coloring company online the other day, and Zack was like oh are you going to color your hair? What color? Ummmm... just something to give my normal color a little more depth... :confused3

And I'm not brave. Maybe just a little silly. I just figured that it's hair, so if I hated it I could always grow it out and dye it back :)

And such an awesome picture! The Trek looks amazing! Someday... though again, because I am a wimp, I would be afraid of the bridge for no good reason. Those boards are awfully far apart!

Thanks! It was so much fun! Totally worth the scare factor.

I would also be afraid of the snack on the Trek. I'm so terribly picky/unadventurous!

On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the most picky possible...I'm probably a 6 or so. Maybe even a 7. Not too terrible, but still fairly picky. And having food allergies also limits me a lot. But I liked most of what I tried in the snack they gave us! It was a win for me.

BREAD SERVICE!!! <-- My response :laughing: I'm obsessed with trying this.

Definitely a must do! I hope you can try it soon.

To Zack, though, everything is a must do...

I love that they put Bambi and Meeko on the tiles. They feel mostly forgotten anymore!

Agreed!

Okay...whew!!! I'm finally caught up. Although I haven't commented on much of it, I have really enjoyed it...other than the overwhelming feeling I had that I'd NEVER actually get to the end.

So much good stuff!

Congrats on making it through! I totally understand how you feel. I've got so many great TRs to read, but even as I'm reading all kinds of great material, I'm overwhelmed with how much I have left. But I'm glad you've enjoyed what I (and others) have written here so far. :)

Sadly...no. :sad2: It was a quick in-and-out kind of trip.

Well.... poop! And... I think that's un-Canadian! :snooty:

But hopefully next time we'll be able to explore a little more! We're in Montreal for a con in July...so that sounds promising...

Good! Check out old Montreal, too.

Spoiler alert: I think purple hair may be coming next week. Possibly.

This I wanna see. ::yes::

::yes:: Stressful.

Oh, crap yeah.

That's how it felt. But it was great. It felt like we had the park to ourselves to enjoy in those moments.

I may never experience this.

Yep! You get to keep your water bottle. It's a very expensive souvenir if you're just in it for the water bottle though :laughing:

"You're not going on the tour?"
"Yep! Just want the water bottle, thanks."

We was scary.

Um yeah. I was a very proud wife in that moment. *facepalm*

:lmao:

How did you guess!? :confused3 Yep, I picked giraffe.

Stab in the dark. I struck neck.

While some populations of giraffes are doing okay, there are some that are on scientists' radar as having the potential to become threatened, and I want there to be giraffes for ever and ever!!

No surprise there. Didn't know about the possibility of becoming threatened, though.

N and I seem to remember him picking rhinos? Which I think is also an excellent choice.

Yes. I believe I read that one species went extinct just a month or two ago.

The zingiber fizzie = super tasty. Not too overpowering. Nice combination of sweet, slightly tart, and the warmth from the ginger. The flavours are some of my favourites in combination.

I'll have to keep that one on my radar. :)

As you should! Even if just for the bread service...which can be a meal in and of itself if you're eating it by yourself...albeit, a carb-y one.

Carbs, like calories, don't count at Disney.

Yep. I can't seem to manage to go on a Disney trip (or sometimes even a non-Disney trip) without picking up at least one new pin. I only got two on my last little solo trip (from which I just returned!), so I counted that a win. And one of them was included as a little gift in the cost of the tour I took. I did, however, help to get a friend from home interested in pin collecting, and so while I was there she sent me a list of things she wanted me to pick up for her...totalling around 9 pins. I think I have created a monster. Around $55 USD...so about $700 CAD.

:sad2: I love how our dollar seems to just keep going down lately.

And welcome home!

I hate looking at the exchange rate. And it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Makes me a bit worried about my August trip. Less shopping, I guess!
Two things...
1) Sorry about the exchange rate. I had the same issue when we took our trip to Italy and I was looking at the exchange rate for USD to EURO.
2) I can't believe all you Canadians (or just northerners) going to Disney in August. I'm from GA, which is plenty hot, but wow. Of course on the other hand, we're going in September, which will be slightly cooler, but still plenty hot.

2) I can't believe all you Canadians (or just northerners) going to Disney in August. I'm from GA, which is plenty hot, but wow. Of course on the other hand, we're going in September, which will be slightly cooler, but still plenty hot.
That definitely worries me too. I've only done October and April before, trying to avoid the higher temps and spring break crowds. But I took my girls out of school for a week or two to do it. As they got older, that was less realistic. This year in particular oldest DD was in her last year of high school and had plenty of pressure with exams, so a week or two away would have more impact. Waiting until this fall, she will be in university and really can't take the time off then either. Plus, given her age, it may be the last family trip with the four of us, so the time seemed right.

That definitely worries me too. I've only done October and April before, trying to avoid the higher temps and spring break crowds. But I took my girls out of school for a week or two to do it. As they got older, that was less realistic. This year in particular oldest DD was in her last year of high school and had plenty of pressure with exams, so a week or two away would have more impact. Waiting until this fall, she will be in university and really can't take the time off then either. Plus, given her age, it may be the last family trip with the four of us, so the time seemed right.
That makes complete sense. I try to schedule ours when DD has break from school, so understand 100%. It's cool you'll get one last trip before she starts college/university. I might be looking at that next year myself.

I'm back at Day 8:

Wow, you got ready for your Ohana reservation quickly! I love your dress and Nathan's attire for the meal.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your meal at Beaches & Cream. Now, my shameful little secret is that for more than 6 years after I started managing the Beach Club FAQ thread, I had never eaten at Beaches & Cream. Had a couple of reservations to dine there and always ended up canceling. Finally, Mark and I ate there on our anniversary trip. We were underwhelmed. Mostly our fault. We ordered the wrong things and we didn't end the meal with ice cream.

Your timeshare room is HUGE!!!

I think this may be the biggest advantage of staying offsite. You get to go through the arch every time you are going to the parks. I don't care how many times you travel under this, it is always a mood-booster!

I know what you mean about dining at Cape May when you come from a place that has spectacular seafood. I still like it. They have a lot of great options there.

Your night at EPCOT sounds lovely, especially with the meaningful Illuminations nightcap and fun meet with Joy and Sadness.

:thumbsup2

Day 9: Sounds like a great trip to Busch Gardens. I have only been there once or twice- definitely on my first trip to Florida, high school class trip in 1983. I enjoyed hearing about the things you did, and that Nathan did at your request!

The giraffe feeding and safari sound incredible. Nothing like getting up close and personal with an exotic animal. Too funny that she tossed aside the lettuce core.

That is awesome that you enjoyed your lunch and the skate show.

But the experience was still awesome, even without awesome pictures to prove it.

FTHa9BM.jpg

No matter what camera you used, a much better picture than you will get of the lions at Animal Kingdom.

************************************************************************************

Smart move to take it a bit easy at Disney Springs. Glad you had a fantastic fish-n-chips meal.

:goodvibes

Congrats on passing all your classes! I knew you could do it! Hopefully that will let you breathe easy this summer until classes start up again.

Your frosted hair color is cool! (Buh-da-bum)

WOW OH WOW! on the African Trek. Sounds incredible!

WTG crossing that bridge when you got to it. I can see why you love that photo.

Scratch what I said about the lion pictures- these are GRRRR-EAT!

:simba:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Nemo. I have only seen the show once, with my family. The boys didn't care for it (they were in their young teens). I thought it was visually stunning, but I am not familiar with the songs, so I don't have a strong affinity for the show.

N ordered the Night Monkey:

r0QTs5D.jpg

A drink with cilantro? VERY cool!

Food at the Nomad lounge looks and founds fantastic!

There's that arch again!!!

Last edited:
MMMMM!!!! I haven't eaten at Sanaa, but it really looks fantastic. So many yummy, exotic places. So little time. Thanks for sampling so many for us!

I love that you got front row seats and a little light-up lotus at Rivers of Light. I feel the same way you do about the show. Pretty. Weak/non-existent storyline. Projections could be sharper. I also started getting distracted well before the end of the show.

I haven't seen much of the Awakenings- I would love to spend some time watching that. It looks pretty impressive.

And I'm not brave. Maybe just a little silly. I just figured that it's hair, so if I hated it I could always grow it out and dye it back :)
It is! I try to tell myself that but then I chicken out. I think it's because I've gotten my hair into a pretty low maintenance routine now, and I don't want to mess with that :rotfl: It's those darn curls. Definitely a love/hate relationship some days... For two and a half years in high school, we straightened my hair. I say we because my mom did while I read a book :rolleyes1 My hair is so thick I couldn't manage the straightener (if I tried it took me 3xs as long) and then we started blow drying it straight... all I did was smack myself in the head with the ceramic brush. Those things hurt! Luckily I'm one of those people who could get away without washing my hair for 3-4 days before it starts to get icky... I have a friend that can only go about 12 hours. I hated spending so much time on my hair. So I figured out a system: wash hair, comb, apply curl enhancing mousse to help with frizz... go to bed and let air dry. Repeat the next time I shower :rotfl: Now I never do anything but try different shampoos, or break out a big curling iron if I'm getting fancied up. I only have it straight when it's cut, because usually they blow dry it... speaking of which, it needs cut. It's out of control. The front pieces that used to frame my face, now go to mid-chest... I haven't had it cut since before the wedding :sad2:

Good! Check out old Montreal, too.

::yes:: Yes, I'd really like to!!

"You're not going on the tour?"
"Yep! Just want the water bottle, thanks."

Stab in the dark. I struck neck.

:laughing: Good guess!

Carbs, like calories, don't count at Disney.

I like to think this way!!

:sad2: I love how our dollar seems to just keep going down lately.

:sad1: So true. It was great to be working in the US for a weekend and dealing in USD. We ended up buying some Disney gift cards to help pay off our August trip, and it was great not to be thinking about how much we were losing on silly bank conversion fees alone. Uggh.

And welcome home!

Thanks!!

I hate looking at the exchange rate. And it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Makes me a bit worried about my August trip. Less shopping, I guess!

:sad1: Agreed. I remember when we were at par for a while there...oh, how things have changed.

Two things...
1) Sorry about the exchange rate. I had the same issue when we took our trip to Italy and I was looking at the exchange rate for USD to EURO.

So frustrating! And yes, similar situation going over to Europe for sure.

And I was really concerned about Disney in August last year, but I was shocked at how well we managed. We'd built it up so much and had been so prepared that it actually wasn't as bad as I'd anticipated. And we mostly adjusted to the temperature within probably 4-5 days, so since it was a long trip we didn't have much trouble for the second half.

Hopefully you won't have too much trouble. We had prepared ourselves for the absolute worst, and then we didn't end up thinking it was as bad as we'd expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter