• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I can't be the only one...

I like Joffrey's, I like Starbucks, I pretty much like all coffee.

I understand when traveling everything isn't the same as it is at home.

Restaurants don't make fried potatoes the same way I do, but, I'm not going to bring my potatoes with me and ask them to warm them up.

I don't bring my own coffee, coffee maker, pillow, mattress, etc.

The coffee I drink at a few different locations are going to be different than my favorite coffee, I guess, and that's okay.
Ahhh...a go-with-the-flow, easy-going, low maintenance person. You are a rare bird these days. :-)

Last edited:
I still remember the '70s/80s when Nescafe ruled and NO ONE in any of the parks heard of iced coffee. I grew up on iced coffee: my parents were European and drank it all the time. But back then every CM working a cart or in a restaurant - looked at us like we were nuts when we tried ordering it.

"Uh - I don't know what that is." "I can put an ice cube in your coffee cup- is that what you're asking for?" "What is THAT? You want me to add ice to your coffee????" :rotfl:

I like the poster upthread who talked about a Stoic-like mindset: when you've experienced "bad", the bar you set for acceptability is diff than most people. I'm not a foodie or coffee snob. Sure, I can tell the difference when I get a great tasting brew, but frankly, almost anything will be fine. I'm glad I'm that way- I'm rarely disappointed in life!

The ONLY truly bad coffee to me? Those super cheap, no-name pods at budget hotels like Best Western or IGH - just bitter brown water, basically. If that's all I have, I make 1 carafe, then pour that carafe right back in the pot and re-run: it creates surprisingly better brew, but you run out of pods quick.

Last edited:
Not a fan Joffrey coffee. We will drink what the QS serves in the morning as we buy the mugs. With that the 50th blend to me was a big improvement-the pods were not good. We will buy Starbucks in the parks or DS. We will also drink Dunken at home. For anyone that thinks Starbucks taste burnt order a blonde which is a light roast if you like it stronger taste they have a dark roast as well. Pike the one everyone orders is a med Roast. But to me anyone is far better then any normal Joffrey coffee. The ? drinks are a different story it is more of a dessert with a little bit if coffee but hands down Starbucks does them the best with a kudos to Dunken frozen coffee where you can choose your own flavors and whipped cream if you want. And yes Starbucks is way overpriced but ironically cheaper at Disney then my local.

hubby needs coffee to function - do not talk to him before that single cup, you've been warned 🤪
he drinks one cup a day and it's a whole production- uses a hand cranked burr grinder, filtered water at 90° Celsius, 4.5 minutes in a French press with a small splash of organic table cream. Last trip was torture because we decided (and by we I mean he, and I didn't fight him on it) to just wing it. Bad move! The room coffee was poured down the sink, the food court stuff was declared "a barely adequate vehicle for caffeine" and he tolerated the stuff we had to pay for at POFQ where they sell beignets - he was happy on days we went to restaurants with press pot coffee for breakfast.
One morning we saw a woman ripping into an AMAZON box like a rabid animal and pulling out a French press, a grinder and a bag of beans - hubby gave her a head nod, a fist pump and yelled PREACH!
for the upcoming trip I've already packed the mini kettle that has temp control, the travel French press (both are the size of a travel mug) and I'll be ordering water and coffee for delivery . I'm not sure who will be more happy about the whole arrangement 😉

I’ve never had Joffrey’s, but not a fan of Nescafe (or Starbucks for that matter). I guess I’ve gotten spoiled since being stationed in Germany and discovering the machines that grind beans fresh for each cup. The only thing that makes that machine better is when I have access to a Dunkin Donuts and can get their beans to put in it. Yum!

Dunkin for he win. Don't need no pretentious trendy mudwater. Then again, I don't do caffeine so I drink for flavor. Dunkin seems to be mellower for the same roast.

I must be living in the Twilight zone because there is only 1 Dunkin near me. They're not everywhere in my area. However I was visiting a friend in south Jersey a few weeks ago and I counted 10 Dunkins within a 15 minute drive from her apartment.

Boy, Massachusetts has lost a lot of Dunkin Donuts since we lived there I guess! When we lived there, if there was a DD on one corner, you often didn't have to go all the way to the next corner to find another one. I probably sound like your mother when I say-"If you didn't have it, you'd miss it." We don't have DD where we live now, and I was OK for several years, but now I miss their donuts!
The donuts aren't as good as they used to be. They don't make them in store anymore.

I've never had Joffrey's but I like Starbucks. Wonder if it will be drinkable? We drink Community at home and love it! I'm hoping for a good frozen coffee from Joffrey's as I doubt we can get in Starbucks.

Joffreys and Starbucks are both crap. I bring my own coffee machine + coffee and make it in the room.

If I don't bring the machine, I can live without it.
Same. I bring my small French press, a folding travel kettle (to boil water just in case there's a Keurig type machine) and my own ground coffee. I even fly with smaller versions of these things! I've had some funny interactions with TSA "You actually have a French press in your purse??" to them joking they need to confiscate my coffee ha ha. One inspection lady in Europe took out all my coffee paraphernalia and held up my dual voltage kettle and said "I totally get this." There's nothing like a good cup of coffee to start your day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter