• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I can't believe it's finally here!!!

lalasmama

DIS Veteran
We're T minus 15 hours until the launch of our Disney vacation! I'm sooo excited it's finally here!!!

For those of you who want to surprise your children, here was my experience....

DD will be 8 on Tuesday. She had her bday party tonight, where we had the "big" reveal. 6 adults and 3 kids in attendance. She opened up her smaller presents first (the ones from other people). Then she opened up a bathtime Rapunzel doll from me (because her bathtub Barbies are looking a bit yucky!). Then I told her there was a letter I found at work today, and handed her a piece of paper that said:

Dear Lala,
I heard you want to go to Disneyland! It takes some work to be ready to go to Disneyland. First, you need to have a Boarding Pass for the airplane. This tells the people that ou have paid your money for a seat on the airplane. You also need Mickey ears so the pilot knows where to fly the plane. You will need a Mickey and Minnie gift card so that you will have money to spend at Disneyland. Last, you need to have a place to stay. Ask your mom if she has found a room to stay in. Don't forget your suitcase!
When you have found all these things, it will be time to come visit us in Disneyland. We can't wait to see you!
Love,
Minnie Mouse

Then she opened a gift card, the boarding passes, and the Mickey ears. She was less than enthused.

"You're kidding me. We're not going yet," she said, completely serious.

"We're going tomorrow. Grandpa is coming over and taking us to the airport in the morning, and we are flying to Disneyland."

"No, we're not; you're teasing me!"

"Nope, Princess. I promise. Tomorrow we are going to Disneyland!"

She looked around at the other adults, and they were all nodding their head. I had to show her the boarding pass and hotel confirmation along with the Disney tickets to get her to believe that we are really heading out... And then she got excited.

It took her nearly 15 minutes to accept and "get" that we are going tomorrow!

So, here I sit, the night before my "baby" and I head to Disneyland.

I'm soooo excited! (And I had to write about it here, because you are the only people that "get" it!)

I've got tears in my eyes! What a wonderful gift. You are going to have so much fun!

It looks like it is going to be a little cool, and it might rain on Monday, so bring jackets and your umbrellas. :)

Awwww I'm all teary too lol. Dang female hormones.

Have a wonderful trip, can't wait to hear all about it when you return!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter