I can't believe the MK People Mover reopening might not happen until after the Christmas Holidays.

I was disappointed. I missed it in July, I missed it in August, and I will miss it in December. Hopefully it will reopen before my trip in late January. MK is just not MK without the PM. :love:

Tomorrowland has 3 attractions down/closed (People Mover, Monsters, Inc, and Stitch). I wonder what it looks like over in that area now? Just long lines for Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear?

Tomorrowland has 3 attractions down/closed (People Mover, Monsters, Inc, and Stitch). I wonder what it looks like over in that area now? Just long lines for Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear?
And astro orbiter and CoP and Indy. Astro is usually now using the queue for peoplemover and buzz the queue for L F

And astro orbiter and CoP and Indy. Astro is usually now using the queue for peoplemover and buzz the queue for L F
I have no idea how I forgot about CoP--one of our favorites (and favorite ways to escape and take a break in the parks).

This is so sad! The PeopleMover is our absolute FAVORITE attraction at Magic Kingdom. You get the most "bang for your buck" from that one!

We missed riding TTA people mover last month, but looking forward to (fingers crossed) riding it in March!

I love the Peoplemover so I hope it's a true refurbishment and those indoor display scenes are actually getting some love. Holy outdated & left to rot.

I worry even more that they are not actually “fixing” ; knowing construction walls appear and then dirt moved around and then nothing .
I wonder how bad that fire in TTA Peoplmover was ....no rumors?
But no boats or trains or PM will impact crowds during holidays !

I worry even more that they are not actually “fixing” ; knowing construction walls appear and then dirt moved around and then nothing .
I wonder how bad that fire in TTA Peoplmover was ....no rumors?
But no boats or trains or PM will impact crowds during holidays !
I believe the fire was on the escalator, not on the people mover itself. From what has been released, Disney is replacing all of the motors on the ride.

I believe the fire was on the escalator, not on the people mover itself. From what has been released, Disney is replacing all of the motors on the ride.
I’m pretty sure they’re replacing some of the tops of support beams along the outside of the track as well. I’ve seen pictures of them working on those.

This is a great classic I hope this will be moving in March when I arrive with y family.

Hope it comes back, It's probably my favorite night time ride at the MK, such a relaxing way to view the park on a warm evening, Good memories there.

You can always take some from the Astro Orbitor.

The Astro Orbiter - The G forces on that ride make it somewhat difficult to manipulate anything other than a HeroCam. Another favorite ride at night in the MK it would be great for sightseeing if it went about half it's current speed.

I heard that they discovered a giant mechanical yeti deep in the infrastructure of the peoplemover. What a terrifying surpise that must have been for the engineer working on "routine maintenance". Explains the delay, and hopefully a repair is possible, because those pesky yeti somettimes cause irreperable damage!
More likely they would laugh them selves to death at the site of a Disco Yeti.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter