I Can't Do That! I'd Be Too EmBEARassed! A Nov 2015 TR New PTR link 10/13!

The dessert has changed since 2009

I still can't get over that it is 2 ts meal.

Good to know about the magic bands. We have so many, plus 2 new ones for our upcoming stay.

I knew the dessert looked different! I was just too lazy to look back through my pictures to find the previous one. I wish that lunch was still 1 credit, I would go back if it was.

So cool you had some meet ups with others at Epcot.

I have never been to Le Cellier. We have friends who love it but I agree it isn't worth 2 credits and we have been on the dining plan the last couple trips so it's a no go for us. Glad the meal was good tho.

Great pictures of the room. I stayed there once but I was too young to remember.

It was fun to run into people I knew! The only reason I went to Le Cellier this time was because I had free dining, I doubt I will be back any time soon.

Dinner looks yummy... but as you said, definitely not worth 2 credits. It just seems like a good one TS credit meal you would get anywhere else on property. When we went to F&W we tried the Mushroom Risotto Filet. It was def good (I avoided the mushrooms, Brian loved them); but again, not THAT special. The cheddar soup everyone raves about? Tastes JUST like the potato cheese soup I have been making for 20 years!

The special Magic Bands...how do you get those??? Can I buy some like before our trip, and somehow have our reservations, fp's and tickets attached to them? I would love to do this as a surprise for my family before our trip!!

Nice room! ASMu was the very first resort we stayed at for our very first on property trip when we went in 2012! We had a family suite.

Yeah, I'm not sure I will be back there with the 2 credit thing. As for the cheese soup, I can't eat cheddar cheese so it's a no go for me!

I bought the Pluto Magic Band from the Disney Store. The green and red ones have stickers on them that I purchased from dvccentral.com. There are lots of sites that sell the stickers to put on your band.

This was my second stay at ASMu. I do like it and values work well when I'm by myself.

I too love those blue lights on SE, great pic!

Yay for a DIS-meet! And how funny to run into your college roomate's sister. Really is a small world.

Love that shot of the gardens you got, so pretty.

I'm glad your meal was better than the last time you were there!

Nice perk getting the king bed!

Thanks, I really like that picture of the lights. It was so weird being recognized back to back by two people but also a lot of fun!

I agree that the gardens by Le Cellier are beautiful. We had been going to Disney for almost 30 years before we decided to explore that area. We finally discovered the gardens during our first Flower & Garden trip.

I see you have the Pluto MB. How do you like it? My daughter is thinking of buying it for her son for their next trip.

It's amazing how well Disney maintains all of the gardens, I love seeing them.

I love my Pluto MB but of course if it has Pluto on it I must have it.

Loved seeing pictures of your meet up - I hadn't seen that one yet. :)

And your meal looks wonderful - I have never eaten there, to be honest - I have yet to find a 2 credit meal that's worth it.

Great job having the extra MBs with you.

Your room looks perfect for you - it's a good size for 1 or 2 people - it looks like. :scratchin Not sure how whole families fit in there though - esp with the short bathroom vanity - smaller mirror - we'd never make it out alive. LOL

D~

It was really fun meeting Monica and I loved her Gingerbread House bag!

I think the only 2 credit meal I've done that I felt was worth it was Hoop De Doo. But you get much more that a regular restaurant with the show and all you can drink beer and sangria.

My room was perfect for me especially since I'm rarely in it when I'm solo. Mom and I did fine at All Star Sports but we did have to make sure to leave a little extra time since we had to share a sink.

Your room is jazzy! LOL... Yeah i said that..

Awesome met ups! YAHOO!!! great pictures!!!!

Hahahaha, of course you went there!

Ooooh, you lucky duck!!! You got your framer picture your first day?! pluto: Not like I'm a crazy stalker, but that might be your very best Pluto pic yet! :) Also love the look on your face for your last hug with him. So cute!!

I'm not doing a TR for this trip with my Mom--it was such a shorty and we were off property. I actually have never done one. Thinking about starting a PTR for next December. We're renewing our wedding vows and staying for 11 days. THAT should be an awesome trip. However, I have no idea how to even get started. Any of my DIS friends have pointers for a newbie to TR writing??:mickeyjum

Yep got my framer on the first day! And no you are not a stalker, just a faithful reader. :goodvibes

Your December trip sounds wonderful! Let me know if you do start the PTR. The boards are pretty user friendly, I mostly learned by trial and error but I think there is a section that has tips and answers questions.

You got some great pictures in Epcot!

Fun meets with a DIS friend and an old surprise friend!

Le Cellier isn't even on my radar. It's not something that would interest 3 young boys (or would be appropriate to bring them to) and I agree that it doesn't seem like it's worth the price. But that pretzel bread does look amazing and now my mouth is watering thinking about a steak!

I'm sorry you ran into a few bumps with your bands but they seem easily fixed. And great luck with a King room!!

Yeah I would say Le Cellier is not the place for young kids. It's a very small place and the tables are pretty close together. The Pretzel bread is probably my favorite thing but still not worth the 2 credits.

It was more of an annoyance with my bands not working especially since you are supposed to bypass the front desk with on-line check in.

A New Breakfast Experience

When Disney announced that BOG would be serving breakfast I decided that I wanted to give it a try this trip. I stalked the reservation page and was able to snag an 8:05 am pre-park ADR the day they opened up. This was going to be a very long day for me as I also had an 8:30 pm dinner ADR with Mo and family. But that will be a tale for another installment.

I was up around 5 am and out the door at 6:30. I made it a habit to call Jim as I walked to the bus stop each morning. I found out that Sierra was doing much better so that was a relief. I walked straight onto a MK bus and was at the park by 7:15 am. I took one picture of the train station then got in the pre-park breakfast line.

I passed the time chatting with the lady in front of me. It was just her and her son and they were headed to Crystal Palace. He was a big Pluto fan and was checking out my Pluto MB.

They let us in about 7:45 and I headed straight towards BOG taking a few pictures along the way.

A lot of people were stopping for PP pictures and the lines were long so I decided to skip that and continue on to the restaurant. My real goal for the morning was to eat quickly and maybe get a few rides on 7DMT before the crowds hit. I didn’t want to be too late getting to BOG because I heard that they were letting everyone in at the same time no matter what their ADR time was.

The Christmas parade stage was still set up in front of the castle so I had to go around. I was directed up the path past Merida’s meet and greet.

When I got to Fantasyland, there was a bride having photos taken. Once again I did not zoom in enough I think because I was trying to be sneaky with the photo.

I made it to BOG and it turned out I was the very first one there.

I checked in and was directed to wait at the end of the bridge for the restaurant to open. I preordered so I was given a plastic rose so they could find me in the dining room.

See, no one behind me! People did start showing up a few minutes later.

At one point, I took out my cell phone and took a picture of the door to post on Facebook and the lady behind me asked if I wanted one with me in it. Since I had my cell phone in my hand I gave here that instead of my regular camera. The yellow thing in my hand is the plastic rose they gave me at check-in.

The CMs came out right at 8 am to welcome us all to BOG.

I tried to stop and get my drink on the way in but a CM told me I needed to find a seat first so my food could find me then come back for my drink. I hate doing that since I’m by myself and sure enough, someone was trying to take my table when I came back from getting my drink. I picked a table near the windows and the Christmas tree.

The ornaments were all Beauty and the Beast characters and were very pretty.

Here’s the view from my table. As you can see there were not very many people there yet.

So when I first made the reservation, the menu said there would be waffles. But when I went to place my order, they were not listed. I was kind of bummed because there was really nothing else on the menu that I wanted. But I decided to keep the meal any ways. I can’t remember what I ordered but I knew I would only be eating about half of it due to my pickiness. But then I read on the DIS that if you selected a milk allergy, waffles were then an option. So I modified my order and did end up getting waffles.

I also got some breads which were not the normal breads you get. These were allergy friendly.

I have to say I was pretty disappointed with the meal. The waffles were good but they were pretty thin and small. And the tiny bit of fruit that came with them was pathetic. I did try all of the breads but I only liked the darkest one in the middle. I didn’t eat much of it because it was super sweet and I was afraid it would upset my stomach. I just can’t do sweet stuff in the morning which is the reason I usually eat bland cereal or a bagel.

It didn’t take me long to eat the small waffles and it was only 8:30 when I headed out of the restaurant. I seriously doubt I will bother with breakfast here again. I’m just glad I had free dining because the $25 price tag would have hurt otherwise. I did take a few more pictures as I left.

I ended up being the very first person in line for the Mine Train. They had me line up next to a garbage can around the corner from the entrance. This was my view while standing there.

There was a film crew filming something so I took some creeper photos. I have no idea if the lady and girl were someone famous. Anyone recognize them?

After they left, I managed to get an almost empty picture of FL.

We were led down the FP line right around 8:45 and I thought there might be a possibility that I could ride the Mine Train and then catch Anna and Elsa before the rest of the crowd got there. I wasn’t too worried about A & E because I met them before but I do love doing character greets. But when we got to the front of the line, the same film crew was there and they held us up for about 10 minutes until they finished filming.

The family behind me had three total so they paired me up with them. I let the little boy ride in the front with his Mom and I sat in the second row with Dad. I don’t seem to have uploaded the video but here are the ride photos. The second one is pretty bad with the shadows.

As I figured, both the 7DMT and A & E had massive lines when I got off so I decided to head to Peter Pan instead.

Up Next: Off to Neverland, the Jungle and a Few Other Places

Last edited:
First one at BOG and at 7DMT, thats crazy and awesome!! Just joining your TR, and I agree that there should be CBJ merch. Its one of my favorites!!

I did not know BOG did breakfast now. I do want to try to snag a lunch ADR for our October trip. We are not big breakfast eaters, so using meal credits for that would be a waste for my family.

Great photos of the empty park!!!

So, how much do you love the mine train? It was not open yet when we were there last. I have heard it is short, and not that great. Is is worth booking a fast pass for? D~ did mention on her TR that she really enjoyed it at night. I may look into doing that. I have SO MANY questions about the new fast pass system. I seriously feel like such a newbie again. I will ask them on my PTR.

I have heard mixed things on the BOG breakfast that's why I haven't been in a hurry to try it. I would like a pre park opening ADR but I'm not sure if it's worth it or not.

Great photos all around tho.

They were likely just filming a commercial I don't recognize either of those people.

Boo for boring waffles! Mom and I had a REALLY subpar experience at BOG during our trip, too. We waited over an hour for our ADR DURING MVMCP (not my brightest plan making that reservation during the party but it was literally the ONLY time available during our short trip. I stalked the reservations page like a crazy person all day every day, and my Mom really had her heart set on seeing BOG.) When they finally seated us, the server took so long to do everything that we ended up only ordering soup for me, salad for her and desserts. We still missed the Holiday Wishes fireworks :( such a disappointment. I am in no hurry to go back there!

I'm sorry breakfast wasn't too exciting. I love the pictures you got inside though!

How cool to be the first in line for the Mine Train! At least you were able to get a ride in before the crowds.

So when I first made the reservation, the menu said there would be waffles. But when I went to place my order, they were not listed. I was kind of bummed because there was really nothing else on the menu that I wanted. But I decided to keep the meal any ways. I can’t remember what I ordered but I knew I would only be eating about half of it due to my pickiness. But then I read on the DIS that if you selected a milk allergy, waffles were then an option. So I modified my order and did end up getting waffles.
I'm a picky eater, too, and so far nothing I have seen on the BOG breakfast menu appeals to me. I don't like sweet things in the morning either, but that seems to be what most places offer. :( I wonder what they give you if you select a gluten free menu?

I’m just glad I had free dining because the $25 price tag would have hurt otherwise.
The dollar value of the cs credit sounds good, but the selections themselves are too limited for me.

At least the empty park looked nice. :)

First one at BOG and at 7DMT, thats crazy and awesome!! Just joining your TR, and I agree that there should be CBJ merch. Its one of my favorites!!

Hi! Thanks for joining in! I certainly didn't plan my morning that way but it turned out to be a lot of fun.

I did not know BOG did breakfast now. I do want to try to snag a lunch ADR for our October trip. We are not big breakfast eaters, so using meal credits for that would be a waste for my family.

Great photos of the empty park!!!

So, how much do you love the mine train? It was not open yet when we were there last. I have heard it is short, and not that great. Is is worth booking a fast pass for? D~ did mention on her TR that she really enjoyed it at night. I may look into doing that. I have SO MANY questions about the new fast pass system. I seriously feel like such a newbie again. I will ask them on my PTR.

Lunch at BOG is definitely much better than breakfast. I honestly like lunch the best out of all three meals. Dinner is fun because you get to meet the Beast but I like the food at lunch better.
I like the Mine Train but I would say I don't necessarily love it. If I didn't ride it during a trip I would not be all that sad and I definitely would not wait 80 minutes for it. It's a cute ride but it is short. Not as short as Goofy's coaster but a lot shorter than BTMR. The animatronics in the middle section are awesome and if you use a FP it's worth it. I've ridden both in the day time and at night and I would say that night is better. The only problem with getting a night FP is the fact that you cannot get more FPs until you use the first three. MK is the best park to take advantage of additional FPs since there are so many rides that have them.

I have heard mixed things on the BOG breakfast that's why I haven't been in a hurry to try it. I would like a pre park opening ADR but I'm not sure if it's worth it or not.

Great photos all around tho.

They were likely just filming a commercial I don't recognize either of those people.

I certainly would not recommend the BOG breakfast but I know some people have enjoyed it. It was nice to be first on the Mine Train but if I had been with other people, I might not have gotten out as fast. I tend to eat much faster when I'm by myself.

I'm thinking it was a commercial or maybe some kind of promotional video for MK. I saw them again later that morning so they were filming on a lot of different rides.

Boo for boring waffles! Mom and I had a REALLY subpar experience at BOG during our trip, too. We waited over an hour for our ADR DURING MVMCP (not my brightest plan making that reservation during the party but it was literally the ONLY time available during our short trip. I stalked the reservations page like a crazy person all day every day, and my Mom really had her heart set on seeing BOG.) When they finally seated us, the server took so long to do everything that we ended up only ordering soup for me, salad for her and desserts. We still missed the Holiday Wishes fireworks :( such a disappointment. I am in no hurry to go back there!

We actually had a dinner ADR on our MVMCP night but I somehow managed to grab a 4 pm slot. We still didn't get done with dinner to after 6 pm, it was a long meal. Sorry you missed the fireworks! Have you done lunch at BOG? I like that meal better than dinner.

I'm sorry breakfast wasn't too exciting. I love the pictures you got inside though!

How cool to be the first in line for the Mine Train! At least you were able to get a ride in before the crowds.

Thanks I love photographing BOG it's such a pretty restaurant. It was a lot of fun to be first on the Mine Train.

I'm a picky eater, too, and so far nothing I have seen on the BOG breakfast menu appeals to me. I don't like sweet things in the morning either, but that seems to be what most places offer. :( I wonder what they give you if you select a gluten free menu?

The dollar value of the cs credit sounds good, but the selections themselves are too limited for me.

At least the empty park looked nice. :)

I didn't try the gluten free menu so I can't help you there. I wonder if you can find that somewhere on the internet? I have some stomach issues and sweet stuff in the morning can sometimes make me feel sick.

BORING FOOD! what the what is that about.. and No you cannot update about our ADR until i catch up to you.. I would like to try to either today or tomorrow.. so we are both ont he same page!!!
I am just swamped!

CONNIE!
Yes you should do both Day and night on the mine train Day so you can see a little more details and night well because all rides are AWESOME at night!!!

Hi all! I'm hoping to do one more update after this one on Friday but if I don't get to it this will be the last one until after Christmas. My Mom is flying in Saturday to spend the week so I will be busy with her. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and I will see you on the other side.

Off to Neverland, the Jungle and a Few Other Places Part 1

Peter Pan had a 15 minute wait which was much better than the 45 minute wait for Anna & Elsa so I hopped in line. As I was walking through the first part I looked up at the people that were just about to board the ride and I spotted Joe and Ashley from SeeYaReelSoon which is a You Tube channel that I watch occasionally. I was a bit star struck though and didn’t say anything and I passed them so quickly that I didn’t get a picture.

I didn’t take a lot of line photos this time because I photographed the new section pretty thoroughly the last trip plus the line was moving pretty fast. I did get a few pictures though.

Last time I was there, the interactive stuff wasn’t working so I did get to see that this time. There was a wall with shadows. I saw two different scenes, one with butterflies and one with bells. You could reach your hand up and your shadow would interact with the butterflies and bells. You could actually ring the shadow bells!

Tinkerbell also flittered around the room going in and out of drawers. I was only able to capture one picture and it’s not the best. You can see her on the wall next to the globe.

As you rounded the last corner to get on the ride, everyone was pixie dusted. Once again I got a pretty crappy picture of the guy in front of me receiving some pixie dust.

And then it was time to fly off to Neverland! I always take photos on this ride and they rarely come out. For some reason on this day I had better luck than usual.

After PP I decided I was done for the moment with FL so I headed towards Liberty Square. I made a quick detour to visit Rapunzel.

Hello there Pascal.

Even though I just rode Haunted Mansion the day before, I couldn’t resist a 5 minute wait time so I headed in.

I bypassed the graveyard and was soon off to join the happy haunts. I decided just to enjoy the ride this time and did not take any photos.

I snuck through the secret passage between Fronterland and Adventureland and got in line for the Jungle Cruise, aka the Jingle Cruise. The wait time said 10 minutes and I got the privilege to carry one of this babies through the line.

Pictures of the Christmas decorations from the line.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Off to Neverland, the Jungle and a Few Other Places Part 2

Even though I really hate spiders I was quite amused that they put a Santa hat on the tarantula.

And moving onto some ride photos.

I noticed a new feature inside the temple that wasn’t there the previous year. They added some spiders that moved around. I was not a fan. My only picture of them came out pretty blurry but I will post any ways since it was new.

I do love the Christmas overlay for the Jingle Cruise and it’s refreshing to have some new jokes.

I headed to Pirates next which was a walk on. Once again I decided to just enjoy the ride and not take any pictures other than this one from the line.

It was around 10:30 when I got done on Pirates and I was already getting hungry. Breakfast did not fill me up at all! I decided to visit my Tiki Birds then head out to hop to Epcot for some Food and Wine.

The same film crew was in the Tiki Room. I swear they stalked me all morning! I took a horrible creeper photo since I was a few rows back. I always try to sit a bit back in the Tiki Room so I can take pictures without bothering people behind me.

I headed out towards the front of the park, swimming downstream against the masses of people pouring into the park.

It was right around 10:50 am when I exited and headed to the Monorail station.

Up Next: Making Myself Sick Again at Food and Wine

Last edited:
BORING FOOD! what the what is that about.. and No you cannot update about our ADR until i catch up to you.. I would like to try to either today or tomorrow.. so we are both ont he same page!!!
I am just swamped!

Yeah, breakfast was not the best I won't be going back.

Oh no worries I am sure you will be long past that update before I get there. I still have two more to go after the one I just posted before I get to dinner! Yes I take too many pictures! :rotfl:I doubt I will get to the dinner till after New Year's.

I have yet to see the new queue at Peter Pan because I usually FP it. I may have to check it out in January tho.

I watch Joe and Ashley occasionally as well cool that you saw them. I'd probably get more star struck if I saw the guys from the disunplugged.

I liked being able to experience jingle cruise last January it was nice to have something different.

I also wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and happy New Year!

Merry Christmas! Have a great time with your mom :)

I love SeeYaReelSoon! I just finished watching this week's video. So cool that you saw them!

I didn't realize there were 2 interactive scenes, I only saw the bells when I was there. Very nice!

Sounds like a nice morning at MK!

Looks like you did a lot! I have only eaten at BOG for lunch. Wasn't impressed enough with the dinner menu to try and get an ADR.

Taking today to try and do a little Dis catching up...

Loved seeing your BoG pictures - even if the meal itself was less than stellar... Still a beautiful restaurant. :lovestruc

And first in line for 7DMT - AWESOME!!!! LOVE it!!!

It's been years since i've ridden Peter Pan's flight... I hope to do it one of these days.

FUN on the Jingle Cruise - I know we had plans to do that - but we never actually made it there. :scratchin

It's no good being sick at F&W... :(

D~

You got so much done on this morning! Amazing that so many of our faves were walk ons or short lines. Oh, I miss the World so badly. Cannot wait to go back "home"!

Hey Ariana!

LOve that you were able to sneak in a 2015 trip! I had "officially" joined the DIS commenting on one of your last TR posts this summer, got into the logging and such - and have been radio silent on the DIS since mid-August. Imagine logging on for the first time since school started - and your undercover TR is the first that pops up! Have a fantastic holiday with your family- can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

Caught up! Really looks like a good morning.

I think I'm in the minority I like BOG breakfast, but did think it was totally over priced!

We had someone filming on our BOG breakfast morning too, but they ride 7DMT like 10 times!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter