• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I can't get a PS for any character meal

ragbunch

Earning My Ears
What are my options now? We really wanted to get in Akershus. ( I knew Cinderella's Castle was hopeless) Even the Grand Floridian's was booked. We only wanted to do face characters. Did it hurt me by reserving for 6 rather than 2 tables of 4? Does anyone know if Akershus must also be reserved with a credit card? The cast member said that people don't have to cancel their PS until 24 hours before. Should I call every day or should I just wait and try again 24 hours before our dates we are at Disney? I don't see how I could get in Akershus because of some no-shows since that area doesn't normally open until 11 am. When is the last hour of breakfast served? Christy

Did you try all of the character meals or just the ones you wanted? In my opinion face characters are over rated. We'd rather see Mickey or Pooh. There are so many of them, unless you're going July 4th weekend, you might be able to get into one.

You might also want to call the restaurant and see what the chances are of doing a walk-in. I believe I've walked into Crystal Pallace with no wait once.

You may also consider a character lunch. As long as you're flexible about dining times, they don't seem to fill up like the breakfasts and dinners do. But I don't know of any lunches with face characters. Perhaps someone else on here can help you out with that.

I'd keep calling back to see if there are any cancellations. I've heard of people making several PS's then cancelling the ones they don't really want. You never know!

People do cancel. I had to cancel a CRT breakfast PS less than a week before when my niece couldn't come on our trip. I also cancelled Chef Mickeys, 1900 Park Fare & Cape May for breakfast.

I don't think there are too many tables for six. I would try to reserve 3 and 3 or 4 and 2.

Norway does require a cc for the princess breakfast.

ALso keep in mind people sometimes have more than one PS for the same breakfast on different days. We've done this in the past and then cancel them when we're final as to when we want to go. (especially CRT's since they charge your credit card)

PSB doesn't charge your card but you are required to make the PS with a credit card and there's a 24 hr cancel.

So it could go either way, you should just try to call once a week before your trip--and keep checking the CRT thread. Many DISers will post if they're canceling a PS. I coordinated a cancellation once with another DISer when I cancelled a CRT PS. We used Yahoo IM and we both called DIS dining around the same time. She got the PS too!! I was so excited for her!!

Don't give up...also keep in mind there is also 1900 PK Fare's Cinderella dinner, although I must say that one is getting a bit tough to get too. No credit card is required there.
GOOD LUCK!!

Don't give up!! We went down over Easter weekend, a last minute trip, and called every day before we left to character breakfast and had no luck. When we arrived at AsMO we tried, no luck. Our last day going to the parks called while we were on the monorail and got a PS for Donalds at AK. So like I said do not give up. I would say chances are you will get something.::MickeyMo

Originally posted by HollyJoy
I'd keep calling back to see if there are any cancellations. I've heard of people making several PS's then cancelling the ones they don't really want. You never know!

I am one of those people. Last trip we cancelled two PS's - one being the princess breakfast at EPCOT. I would definitly continue to call and when you get to The World I would continue asking because many people cancel once they get to The World.

Good luck!!:wave:

We are going June 6-10th. I did call back and got in at the Garden Grill with Mickey ,etc, on the day I needed at Epcot so that was good. This had a good rating in the Unofficial guide. It was interesting to hear that a lot of posters were not that wild about the princess breakfasts in general. We have 4 children ( 2 boys, 2 girls) so the boys wanted Mickey anyway. I 'm still going to try calling every day for my 4 year old daughter. Thanks for your comments because I wondered if Akershus was reserved with a credit card. AND I wondered if I could call Akershus directly the mornings I'm there because there is no way I can get in there (since the World doesn't open until 11 am). Christy

You should be able to go to a character breakfast at one of the hotels without a PS. Just get there early. One trip we were staying at BCV and called down from our room to see if we could get in to Cape May- they told us no, all PS were booked. We went down to the lobby and the place was empty- they let us right in, no waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter