"I could care less about Disney" she said.....until she went once!

Well this sucks rat turds!! I'm so so sorry that it's just not in the cards this time around. However, if it IS cancer, and she really wants to go- then you really (all of you!) should go together and make some happy memories.

:hug: Praying for you mom as I type this!!

Liesa

Oh Rebecca... :hug:

I am so so sorry that you guys have had to make this decision... :guilty:

I hope things start looking up for your family and your mother makes a speedy recovery with whatever this ailment turns out to be...

Take care of your family, we will be here when you are ready!!

Thanks Toni, It was a hard decision but it's for the best.

Well this sucks rat turds!! I'm so so sorry that it's just not in the cards this time around. However, if it IS cancer, and she really wants to go- then you really (all of you!) should go together and make some happy memories.

:hug: Praying for you mom as I type this!!

Liesa

Rat turds? I was thinking maggot turds! We are already making plans for Disney and other trips!

It's official............I cancelled my ressie this morning. As aweful as it was to utter those words to the CM, it had to happen. The decision was made at the best time too though. Erics grandfather has been in the hospital for the past few days. First he had congenetive (sp?) heart failure and now his lungs aren't working right. The heart failure has fixed itself somehow but he only has 1 working lung and it is only at 25%. We knew he was in the hospital but we had been told that he was OK and was going to be fine. The lung issues started last night.

So now added to my side of the family's medical issues, they are telling us that he has at max 2 more months. A few days ago, Erics mom told us not to come up but now they want us up next weekend. We are going to take the 4 day weekend and head north. We already made the calls to cancel our weekend plans and have made arrangments for our dog.

It just seems like there is a crap storm stalled over my head. 2010 was supposed to be a better year for our family but, it seems worse than any other year. Between the financial issues, the issues with my brother and now the medical issues on both sides of the family, it seems never ending. We always knew that Pop-Pop wasn't going to last forever but, really.......right now? Don't my kids have enough to worry about?? ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, Im scheduled to start work next week! How the heck is that gonna work if we won't even be here????????????????????/

Oh Rebecca. I'm so sorry to hear about all of the problems in your family lately. So sad that you had to cancel your trip, but even sadder that you are having to deal with all of the mess of family health issues, etc.

Disney will still be there in a year or two...focus on what you need to right now and the Magic will be there when you are ready! :goodvibes

So we just got a set of test results back and the result is NOT CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is something to do with her kidney. She couldn't talk (she was still in the office). She is excited as we all are!

:banana::worship::banana::worship::banana::worship::banana::worship::banana::worship::banana::worship::banana::worship::banana::worship::banana::worship::banana::worship::banana::worship::banana::worship::banana::worship::banana::worship::banana::worship:

i just caught up on your PTR... and thats awesome news!!!! did they find out what really is going on?!?!? thats great...d oes that mean you may be able to go to disney?!?!?

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!! I"m so happy for you and for your family!! Trip back on??

I only have read a few pages so far but glad to hear about your mom's "no cancer" diagnosis. My DM was diagnosed with breast cancer in late 2002. She told her Dr. that once her treatment was over she was "Going to Disney World!":lmao: He was surprised (don't know why).:confused3 We went in Dec. 2003, about 5 months or so after she was finished and declared "cancer free". As you can see by me siggie we have been at least once a year since, and my DM continues to be cancer free. :cloud9:

I hope you get to reschedule your trip soon.

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!! I"m so happy for you and for your family!! Trip back on??

Nah, We quit paying on it as soon as we heard that she was having issues and at this point, there is no way to catch back up!

I only have read a few pages so far but glad to hear about your mom's "no cancer" diagnosis. My DM was diagnosed with breast cancer in late 2002. She told her Dr. that once her treatment was over she was "Going to Disney World!":lmao: He was surprised (don't know why).:confused3 We went in Dec. 2003, about 5 months or so after she was finished and declared "cancer free". As you can see by me siggie we have been at least once a year since, and my DM continues to be cancer free. :cloud9:

I hope you get to reschedule your trip soon.

Thank you very much! Its been a tough thing to go through even with the happy ending! I am so happy that your DM is cancer-free! Not everyone gets so lucky! She will be in my prayers that it never comes back!

I have an update coming soon, We just got back from a long weekend seeing DH's grandfather.....Time to get some rest! Ill try to post it tomorrow!

As I said yesterday I do have a bit of an update.....life and trip all rolled up into one!

First, I'll start with the life updates! We left Friday to head to PA for the long Memorial Day weekend! We hit some of the worst weather I have ever seen at the top of the mountain. Hail the size of golf balls, zero visibility and thunder that was shaking my van! Scary! :scared1: We decided to stop at DH's Uncles (Butch) house on our way to see Pop-Pop. He had been released from the hospital Thursday night. They have basically sent him home to die. We got there and Pop pop was laying back in the recliner. He had his oxygen in his nose and hadn't shaved in about a week.

AJ was scared to touch him. We think it was a combination of the oxygen and the facial hair. Pop pop looked upset by this but we tried to assure him that it was just AJ being grumpy from the drive. After a few minutes AJ finally warmed up to him and gave him a hug. Pop pop looked so frail. He moved very slowly and there were a few times where he struggled to take the oxygen in.

We left after about an hour. I think we were more than pop pop could take. We headed up the rest of the way to the in-laws! Its about an hour drive the rest of the way and we were all ready to get out of the van!

The weekend was pretty much uneventful. Saturday we went to the Big Mac Museum! http://www.bigmacmuseum.com/
It's about 2 blocks up from the house. Its just a regular McDonalds but with all sorts of old school toys. Its a really fun place. They have a GIANT playplace! We ate our lunch and had intended on letting the kids play for a while. When they finished eating they headed up to the top. About 5 minutes later, AJ my wonderful son yelled out.."Monney.......Pee!, Monney, PEE!!!!!!!". Yep, you guessed it, HE PEE'D AT THE TOP OF THE PLAYPLACE!!!!!!!!

We quickly got him down and informed the staff that he had done so and left! Only him!

Sunday Butch came down with Pop pop and we had a mini cook out. The plan was that they would be there for most of the day. After about 2 hours, pop pops oxygen started getting low. There was a malfunction with the tank that the hospital gave him! They had to leave. It sucked because we were expecting to have more time with him there.

We sort of laid around for the rest of the day. Monday morning we packed up and headed out. We stopped to see pop pop on our way out but he was sleeping.

The drive home was long. Not alot of traffic but, we were all ready to get home to our own beds!

We did have some interesting conversations though:

Given that there is no way to catch up to pay our trip off we have decided that even with the good news, we are not going this year.

Next year is our 10 year Anniversary. We decided yesterday that we are going to take a cruise!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1: We are going to take the Eastern Carribean Disney Cruise October 15th 2011! We want to do a land and sea. We called my mom from the road and asked her what she thinks about coming down with us and spending some time at WDW. If she agrees then this is what the plan is!

We will leave here and drive to Pop. It'll be my family of 4 plus my mom and dad. We will do 4 park days then DH and I will leave for the boat. My parents and the kids will stay for a few days then get back in my van and come home. DH and I will fly home after the cruise! The kids will stay at my moms house or she will stay at ours. Either way, the kids will go to school. We are planning the 7 day cruise!

The cruise departs October 15th and our Anniversary is the 19th. We will arrive back home on my birthday!

So thats a little bit of what we are planning now! Feel free to discuss!

I hope everyone had a very Happy Memorial Day. We spent it in the car driving! We should all remember that our troops are dying every single day for our freedom! They deserve more than just 1 day!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter