I desperately need help with touring plan (baby and teens!)

airforcemomof2

Mouseketeer
I am really stressing :( Like anxiety filled stressing. Really quick, we go to WDW every 2 years, and I am a pretty good planner. FP+ is REALLY throwing me off, and I have to pick my FP's tonight at midnight!!:confused: I have 2 teens (15 and 13) a 5 year old boy, and a 10 month old. PLEASE HELP. Do I plan my FP's for morning, take a break, then wing it for the evening, or do I do my "old" way of planning for the morning, take a break, then plan the FP's for late afternoon/evening?? What should I do? I have NEVER changed plans so much in my life! I don't know which FP's to get, or what time to get them. We will be touring 31 Oct - 8 Nov (doing MNSSHP on the 30th). When my 5 year old was a baby, he slept in the stroller, so we didn't need to take afternoon nap breaks, but I just don't know how my baby girl is going to be. She is much more particular about where she sleeps. I just need someone to reassure me this isn't going to be as bad as I am anticipating.

I am really stressing :( Like anxiety filled stressing. Really quick, we go to WDW every 2 years, and I am a pretty good planner. FP+ is REALLY throwing me off, and I have to pick my FP's tonight at midnight!!:confused: I have 2 teens (15 and 13) a 5 year old boy, and a 10 month old. PLEASE HELP. Do I plan my FP's for morning, take a break, then wing it for the evening, or do I do my "old" way of planning for the morning, take a break, then plan the FP's for late afternoon/evening?? What should I do? I have NEVER changed plans so much in my life! I don't know which FP's to get, or what time to get them. We will be touring 31 Oct - 8 Nov (doing MNSSHP on the 30th). When my 5 year old was a baby, he slept in the stroller, so we didn't need to take afternoon nap breaks, but I just don't know how my baby girl is going to be. She is much more particular about where she sleeps. I just need someone to reassure me this isn't going to be as bad as I am anticipating.

Your going to have a great time. I would tour your old way. That way if needed you or Dad could stay with the baby during night touring. Also there is so much to do at the resorts so if the family did want to stay together you could. When we first started going 10 years ago it was all about the parks. But I have learned to enjoy some other great things Disney has to offer. ;)

Yeah I found you ! Your emails went POOF in my computer Cathy. OK breathe

Let's break it down day by day and hopefully others will join in to help. Still planning Fort for Oct 31 ? What else is going on that day since you will have a late night on the 30th ? Personally I would make that a check out what your resort has to offer or another way to make it a go slow day.

First you have to find out who has a " must " do. Write it down somewhere. Depending on what it is will determine if a FP+ is needed and when you should try to get one.

Make this be fun, not stressful.

Ruthie

You have one of the best advantages for FP, a 10 day trip. You should be able to get any FP you want, even A&E and 7DMT. Choosing what time this early is inconvenient, but except for A&E and 7DMT, you can change the times of most of your FP's any day leading up to your trip. For more help, please post which parks you plan to go to on which days? You really only have 2 priorities for tonight and everything else should be easy.

#1 Priority A&E- Start with the last day you plan to go to MK, and I bet there will be times available. Ignore this if you are not doing A&E.

#2 Priority 7DMT- Again start with your last day at MK, and then check your other MK days.

Your other MK FP's can be any of the Mountains, PPF, ETWB, or check Fastpass+ priority threads for additional suggestions.

I would say try for mornings at MK, because that gives you the option of getting more FP's later. I would say just get convenient times for the other 3 parks because a 4th FP is either not available for the top priority rides or not necessary. HS, Epcot, and AK are much easier to plan FP.

HS is pretty much TSMM, ToT, and Star Tours. Maybe Frozen if they extend that. If anyone wants to do RnRC, then do rope drop or single riders line.

Epcot is Soarin and then possibly MS, SE, or Character Spot. Test Track can be done at rope drop or single riders line.

AK is EE, KS, KRR, and possibly Dinosaur and PW.

Choosing times seems like what you are most worried about. Every young one is different, but naps in strollers have always worked for our family. Just choose times you know you will be at the park, and you can revise plans later, except for A&E and 7DMT of course. I also wouldn't worry too much about separate FP's for teens and 5 year old. The only time it might be beneficial is at MK if your DS5 doesn't do the Mountains and instead does Buzz, the Speedway, or something else.

Again, I like MK times in the morning so I can get more FP's, and any convenient time for the other 3 parks. You should have no problem tonight, and I'm sure your family will have lots of fun.

I would plan your FPs for the evening after your break. Will your 5 month old be able to and want to ride everything that his older siblings will? If not, you will have to plan so his FPs are not wasted. You may want to get a FP that is smaller kid friendly for him and you (or your DH) and the baby while the older kids ride the thrill rides. You can then baby swap and take the big kids on again. Note: there was a mention a few weeks ago that they were checking FP+ for the waiting parent too but there were many reports after that that the first waiting parent didn't need a FP+ to get a baby swap pass.

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply - back to school shopping and haircuts today! This is my breakdown. I know some of the days are not ideal, but there is a reason I am doing these parks on these days. It has taken me MONTHS to finally stop moving them around, so please don't criticize park days. Thanks :)

arrive 29 Oct - super late
30 Oct - rest, unpack, pool? MNSSHP and ADR @ CP 4:50 (thinking of doing Dumbo @4, and &DMT or Little Marmaid at 6 - will spend the rest of the night on parades, dance party and fireworks, rides last if we have time)
31 Oct - DHS - late morning due to being out late the night before. Not sure if we are still doing FW or not. Thinking of TSM, Muppet vision and great movie ride
1 Nov -MK I know this is a bad day, but it's the only day we can see MSEP, and the big kids and I like to stay at the park late on time during our stay, and this is the only late night. (Peter Pan, 7DMT (or Buzz), Enchanted tales)
2 Nov - EP Meeting friends for a 4:35 ADR for 10 (Soarin', Mission Space, Character Spot)
3 Nov - Universal
4 Nov - AK (Safari, Dino, EE)
5 Nov - MK 9:05 ADR CRT, 12:00 appt at Barber shop for baby's first haircut, BOG ADR 5:05 (going to try and get A&E and 7DMT, Splash or Big Thunder)
6 Nov EP ADR @ T-Rex 6:00 (TT, Turtle talk, Seas w/ Nemo)
7 Nov DHS ADR @ 1900 PF 9:50 (RnRC, Star Tours, Disney Jr)
8 Nov MK 1/2 day (have to catch DME at 1:00) - will also try for A&E and 7DMT if we don't get it on the 5th

MDE doesn't know how tall my 5 year old is, will it let me get FP's for the mountains for him?

I have a lot of late mornings, so I can't really do rope drop, and my family hates rope drop, so they are happy, but with only 3 FP's that I can control, I am worried that the lines will be too long later in the day. I'm not sure why I am letting this get to me this time! ugh! Oh! I really want to get FP+ for MSEP on the 1st, but then it's only 2 FP's for the rest of the day! Should I just plan to get to our normal spot an hour early, and forget about getting a FP?

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply - back to school shopping and haircuts today! This is my breakdown. I know some of the days are not ideal, but there is a reason I am doing these parks on these days. It has taken me MONTHS to finally stop moving them around, so please don't criticize park days. Thanks :)

arrive 29 Oct - super late
30 Oct - rest, unpack, pool? MNSSHP and ADR @ CP 4:50 (thinking of doing Dumbo @4, and &DMT or Little Marmaid at 6 - will spend the rest of the night on parades, dance party and fireworks, rides last if we have time)
31 Oct - DHS - late morning due to being out late the night before. Not sure if we are still doing FW or not. Thinking of TSM, Muppet vision and great movie ride
1 Nov -MK I know this is a bad day, but it's the only day we can see MSEP, and the big kids and I like to stay at the park late on time during our stay, and this is the only late night. (Peter Pan, 7DMT (or Buzz), Enchanted tales)
2 Nov - EP Meeting friends for a 4:35 ADR for 10 (Soarin', Mission Space, Character Spot)
3 Nov - Universal
4 Nov - AK (Safari, Dino, EE)
5 Nov - MK 9:05 ADR CRT, 12:00 appt at Barber shop for baby's first haircut, BOG ADR 5:05 (going to try and get A&E and 7DMT, Splash or Big Thunder)
6 Nov EP ADR @ T-Rex 6:00 (TT, Turtle talk, Seas w/ Nemo)
7 Nov DHS ADR @ 1900 PF 9:50 (RnRC, Star Tours, Disney Jr)
8 Nov MK 1/2 day (have to catch DME at 1:00) - will also try for A&E and 7DMT if we don't get it on the 5th

MDE doesn't know how tall my 5 year old is, will it let me get FP's for the mountains for him?

1st do 5 Nov- any available time for A&E, 7DMT, and SM or BTMR.

2nd do 8 Nov- (same as 5 Nov).

3rd do 1 Nov- If shorter lines are a priority, then FP's for morning if you want additional FPs throughout the day. FP for MSEP if that spot is a priority.

?4th do 30 Oct- Not sure how MNSSHP works, but get FP if you can.

5th do 31 Oct- Can't get both TSMM and GMR. If you are not doing ToT or Star Tours, get FP for TSMM and 2 of the shows. Ex- 4 or 4:30 FP for LMA Stunt Show, then 5 or 5:30 FP for TSMM, and then Frozen Sing-a-long or any other show like Muppets or VotLM at any time you want.

6th do 2 Nov- convenient times for Soarin, MS, and Character Spot around your ADR at Epcot.

7th do 4 Nov- spread times out in the afternoon so you can do FotLK around the time you do Safari FP and Nemo around the time you do EE and Dino FP.

8th do 6 Nov- convenient times for TT and possibly SE. Turtle Talk and Nemo usually don't need FP, but you can do it anyways.

9th do 7 Nov- do NOT get FP for Disney Jr. Don't need it and bad viewing area. FP for RnRC, Star Tours, and anything else.

Yes, you can get FPs for DS5 for the Mountains. Splash and BTMR are 40", and Space is 44".

I got everything I wanted!! Woo hoo! I may have to play around with the times, but I am so glad that is over! Some of my FP's are from 9:05 - 10:05, then the next one is 10:05-11:05. It let me do it, but it says it overlaps. Is that ok?

I got everything I wanted!! Woo hoo! I may have to play around with the times, but I am so glad that is over! Some of my FP's are from 9:05 - 10:05, then the next one is 10:05-11:05. It let me do it, but it says it overlaps. Is that ok?

:thumbsup2 yes you're good/ All that stressing/ Leave it all alone now. That's where people get in trouble & then end up losing things in MDE.

Step away from the MDE step away ;) If you think about it, you got what you wanted. Don't start second guessing yourself it will be a wonderful time for your family AS IS

Go to Bed !

With 4 kids, a nap will be as much for you as it will be for your daughter. I'd plan 2-3 hours of rest every afternoon.

Sounds like it all worked out great!! Hopefully my experience with fp+ for the first time in November will be just as good. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter